R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-23-2013, 11:21 PM   #7906
Tech Elite
 
KHoff7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,166
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspGadgt View Post
ROAR also does not allow the FGX where in UF1 it is allowed.
Roar allowed the FGX at the 2012 nats. It placed second.
__________________
Awesomatix USA / Middle River Hobbies / Sweep / Psycho Cells Racing
Karl Hoffmeister
KHoff7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:37 AM   #7907
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Dallas TX
Posts: 325
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHoff7 View Post
Roar allowed the FGX at the 2012 nats. It placed second.
The 2012 carpet nats was an odd situation. Originally when F1 was offered the rules were going to be only direct drive cars allowed up to 190mm. To me it made no sense to allow up to 190mm but not allow the FGX, the reason that 190mm was ever brought up. Then, the national commity decided to allow the FGX and they did well with several making the A main. The F1 class did well too with a full A-main and half full B-main.

The class was TQ'd by a TRG and won by a Tamiya with the FGX getting 2nd place by decision of the race director.

The FGX actually crossed the line first.
racer robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:56 AM   #7908
Tech Champion
 
MantisWorx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,830
Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarcobra View Post
You are certainly welcome to your opinion! I'm saying that UF1 uses parts of ROAR rules and there are some things that might be better left to a larger body than "UF1". I doubt UF1 type organizations are able or interested in approving batteries, motors, and esc's.
I would rather see those intersted in a particular class petition ROAR to be able re-write the rules to what is current.

As a former Region Director (a looong time ago) I know this was the way used to improve things back-in-the-day. Might work again...
This entire discussion about ROAR has come up about a dozen times over the past 4 years and the end result is always the same........NOTHING HAPPENS!
They know who we are but will make no advances in the rule book and they never will, It would only take a few hours to research and change the rules so to me it seems pretty obvious that they dont want to have anything to do with F1, doesnt take 4 years to make a decision! One reason why Uf1 came about and is succesfull.

I tried to start my own organization a few years ago.....it failed miserably but at least i tried! So i have been through all of this before. At the end of the day we do not need ROAR, the class is growing on its own right now and there are plenty of MFG that support the class the way it is!
Attached Thumbnails
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-new-poster.jpg  
MantisWorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:34 AM   #7909
Tech Regular
 
Decathalon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Sydney, Aus
Posts: 414
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pug205 View Post
That and the recent rain has given me some time to work on some new bodies for the Muchmore Masters next month though.

The helmets are now finished:
The helmets look awesome! Can't wait to see the bodies

It wasn't a big hit but must have been at just the right angle, sheared the bottom off 4 off the pivot balls all at the same time
__________________
CRC GenX10 LE Pro 10 & SE WGT, Kyosho Plazma F1, Atomic VMII,Tamiya M05, 1/12th Scale (CRC Xti, Xi & T-Force, AE L4, Yokomo YRX12, Hara AH12) www.smaracing.org - Star Kebab Akihabara :)
Decathalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:04 AM   #7910
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Hudson Falls, NY
Posts: 872
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MantisWorx View Post
This entire discussion about ROAR has come up about a dozen times over the past 4 years and the end result is always the same........NOTHING HAPPENS!
They know who we are but will make no advances in the rule book and they never will, It would only take a few hours to research and change the rules so to me it seems pretty obvious that they dont want to have anything to do with F1, doesnt take 4 years to make a decision! One reason why Uf1 came about and is succesfull.

I tried to start my own organization a few years ago.....it failed miserably but at least i tried! So i have been through all of this before. At the end of the day we do not need ROAR, the class is growing on its own right now and there are plenty of MFG that support the class the way it is!

Well said Marcus!! ROAR is a waste of time with regards to F1. They don't get it, and they never will; so people can petition all they want, the problem is no one at ROAR is listening!
Team Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:35 AM   #7911
Tech Elite
 
KHoff7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,166
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer robert View Post
The 2012 carpet nats was an odd situation. Originally when F1 was offered the rules were going to be only direct drive cars allowed up to 190mm. To me it made no sense to allow up to 190mm but not allow the FGX, the reason that 190mm was ever brought up. Then, the national commity decided to allow the FGX and they did well with several making the A main. The F1 class did well too with a full A-main and half full B-main.

The class was TQ'd by a TRG and won by a Tamiya with the FGX getting 2nd place by decision of the race director.

The FGX actually crossed the line first.
Yeah I was 3rd at that race using an Exotek car. I didn't realize they adopted different rules for that race. But it did run well. Also with the 190mm thing, ROAR used their box to measure 190mm but all the "widened" 190mm cars would not fit in the box so everyone narrowed their cars back down. But in the end ROAR never even measured them during the race. Besides that it seemed good, but then again different rule set for a one time race.
__________________
Awesomatix USA / Middle River Hobbies / Sweep / Psycho Cells Racing
Karl Hoffmeister
KHoff7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:43 AM   #7912
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,125
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Well That does it for me!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Lotus View Post
Well said Marcus!! ROAR is a waste of time with regards to F1. They don't get it, and they never will; so people can petition all they want, the problem is no one at ROAR is listening!
I quess y'all have it figured out! Sorry I stated an "opposing" position.

As a long time ROAR member, I know they are not perfect and would like it to be more resopnsive and up to date too.

You win! No more comments from me...
aarcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:18 AM   #7913
Tech Champion
 
robk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Posts: 7,404
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Roar has rules for f1. The new rule book has not been published yet unfortunately but the new rules are there. The situation is that there are several updates for several classes. f1 is in the same boat as these other classes. Waiting for the rulebook......
__________________
A mutually re-enforcing cascade of failure

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:00 PM   #7914
Dan
Tech Elite
 
Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 4,192
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

Rulebook? I give them 2 years......
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:14 PM   #7915
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Posts: 153
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wagnerov Send a message via Yahoo to wagnerov
Default

If people were looking for a big F1 race to attend in the U.S., look no further. Formula 1 has been added as a new class to the Reedy Race at the end of May in Union City. Details will be posted in the Reedy thread. I hope the UF1 car rules will be used, and I am pretty sure the race format will be a little different than normal just for F1.
__________________
---
RCFIA.com - Northern California Formula 1 Racing
wagnerov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:20 PM   #7916
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Hudson Falls, NY
Posts: 872
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarcobra View Post
I quess y'all have it figured out! Sorry I stated an "opposing" position.

As a long time ROAR member, I know they are not perfect and would like it to be more resopnsive and up to date too.

You win! No more comments from me...

Ned, please don't feel that way. We value your opinions. We don't have it all figured out, it's just that many of us(myself included) have contacted ROAR many times regarding the F1 rules and other ROAR rules, and we always get the same results....nothing!

If you have a way to reach ROAR that they will listen and respond to, I for one am listening!!

So please keep the comments coming!

Actually, I don't care as much about this ROAR stuff anymore, as I'm far more interested in Manny's VF1 cars and races, which have nothing to do with ROAR or UF1. Please keep us posted on your progress with your VF1 car.....THAT's what I want to see!!
Team Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:30 PM   #7917
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Norcal
Posts: 759
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer robert View Post
The 2012 carpet nats was an odd situation. Originally when F1 was offered the rules were going to be only direct drive cars allowed up to 190mm. To me it made no sense to allow up to 190mm but not allow the FGX, the reason that 190mm was ever brought up. Then, the national commity decided to allow the FGX and they did well with several making the A main. The F1 class did well too with a full A-main and half full B-main.

The class was TQ'd by a TRG and won by a Tamiya with the FGX getting 2nd place by decision of the race director.

The FGX actually crossed the line first.
Interesting story, want to read some more details about it. (couldn't find anything though).

I have a completely upgraded FGX, love it, drives good and looks fantastic, but I just really don't want to break it. (mckune conversion is no longer in production, and small anything broken in the IFS, it'll get expensive having to buy the whole package).

That's why I'm thinking if I want to get a bit serious about F1 class, I'd get a pan car instead. (norcal hobbies' onroad track is definitely good with pan cars).

Here are the options I've though about, correct me if I'm wrong: (we have 190mm rule, and realistic F1 front suspension mounted within the body.)

F104 WGP, change the front suspension to normal F104 ones (for the width). Then get a body on.

F104 V2, need upgrade motor mount? and the plastic piece connecting the shock? Then get front/rear wings and a body on.

F113, the front suspension is probably illegal, change that the car is nothing special anymore, plus I need to store parts for it.

SP-1, heard the front arm is a bit soft. and no idea where to get spare parts.

Top's F1, expensive car, stock front suspension illegal here, need to change front suspension. Then get wings and body on.

Yokomo's F1, interesting and weird front suspension, not sure how the car runs.

VBC flash04, super expensive piece...

Serpent's F1, TRF's F1 are all coming soon...
__________________
TLR 22 | FGX | XI DH | TS4 | EB48 | DESC410V2 | SP-1 | DEX410V3 | DESC210
nicholasxuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:54 PM   #7918
Tech Regular
 
Luppi Stefano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Italy
Posts: 490
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasxuu View Post
Interesting story, want to read some more details about it. (couldn't find anything though).

I have a completely upgraded FGX, love it, drives good and looks fantastic, but I just really don't want to break it. (mckune conversion is no longer in production, and small anything broken in the IFS, it'll get expensive having to buy the whole package).

That's why I'm thinking if I want to get a bit serious about F1 class, I'd get a pan car instead. (norcal hobbies' onroad track is definitely good with pan cars).

Here are the options I've though about, correct me if I'm wrong: (we have 190mm rule, and realistic F1 front suspension mounted within the body.)

F104 WGP, change the front suspension to normal F104 ones (for the width). Then get a body on.

F104 V2, need upgrade motor mount? and the plastic piece connecting the shock? Then get front/rear wings and a body on.

F113, the front suspension is probably illegal, change that the car is nothing special anymore, plus I need to store parts for it.

SP-1, heard the front arm is a bit soft. and no idea where to get spare parts.

Top's F1, expensive car, stock front suspension illegal here, need to change front suspension. Then get wings and body on.

Yokomo's F1, interesting and weird front suspension, not sure how the car runs.

VBC flash04, super expensive piece...

Serpent's F1, TRF's F1 are all coming soon...
You have forgot WRC F-ONE...
__________________
Team Capricorn Italy
Lab F1-01
Luppi Stefano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:12 PM   #7919
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Dallas TX
Posts: 325
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasxuu View Post
Interesting story, want to read some more details about it. (couldn't find anything though).
Here is a link to our local forum's thread on the 2012 carpet nationals.

There is information and discussion about all classes plus links to videos of the mains on page 6.

http://mikeshobbyshop.com/phpBB3/vie...php?f=3&t=9135
racer robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:20 PM   #7920
Tech Elite
 
BP SHADOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In the LAB paintin' bodies!!!!
Posts: 2,261
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasxuu View Post
Interesting story, want to read some more details about it. (couldn't find anything though).

I have a completely upgraded FGX, love it, drives good and looks fantastic, but I just really don't want to break it. (mckune conversion is no longer in production, and small anything broken in the IFS, it'll get expensive having to buy the whole package).

That's why I'm thinking if I want to get a bit serious about F1 class, I'd get a pan car instead. (norcal hobbies' onroad track is definitely good with pan cars).

Here are the options I've though about, correct me if I'm wrong: (we have 190mm rule, and realistic F1 front suspension mounted within the body.)

F104 WGP, change the front suspension to normal F104 ones (for the width). Then get a body on.

F104 V2, need upgrade motor mount? and the plastic piece connecting the shock? Then get front/rear wings and a body on.

F113, the front suspension is probably illegal, change that the car is nothing special anymore, plus I need to store parts for it.

SP-1, heard the front arm is a bit soft. and no idea where to get spare parts.

Top's F1, expensive car, stock front suspension illegal here, need to change front suspension. Then get wings and body on.

Yokomo's F1, interesting and weird front suspension, not sure how the car runs.

VBC flash04, super expensive piece...

Serpent's F1, TRF's F1 are all coming soon...
We are stocking the SP1 and should have parts in the next week or so. I have built one up and I don't see the arms as being a major issue. A very nice kit for the money, and there are a few option parts that are on the way as well. Even with the option parts I don't see this car breaking the $300 limit
__________________
I'll hit the brakes he'll go right by
http://f1rclab.com
http://f1rclab.mybigcommerce.com
BP SHADOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tamiya Championship Series Neil Rabara Racing Forum 20785 Yesterday 07:21 PM
TAMIYA F103 RM energyracing Electric On-Road 2342 01-09-2016 02:15 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:12 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0