R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-10-2013, 09:03 PM   #7651
Tech Master
 
EDWARD2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Kagoshima, Japan
Posts: 1,919
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

21.5 motor suggestions? Foam tires on a short twist asphalt track.
EDWARD2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:15 PM   #7652
Tech Master
 
BadSign's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Franklin, IN
Posts: 1,144
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Does anyone have the new exotek wheels in stock? I'd like a set and they are sold out everywhere I look
__________________
This is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it- Psalms 118:24

World Champion Turn Marshall
BadSign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:21 PM   #7653
Tech Adept
 
pug205's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Central Coast
Posts: 132
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by edhchoe View Post
In some pictures it looks black but it also looks more gunmetal.. And why doesn't paintlab decal provide the red stripe for the borderline?
The car is gunmetal edhchoe. It is the same colour that the whole car is this year.
pug205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:32 PM   #7654
Tech Elite
 
BP SHADOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In the LAB paintin' bodies!!!!
Posts: 2,261
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastvee View Post
Any ideas of paint scheme for f104 pro body?

Since the titanium special v2 that I ordered comes with that body I want to try to make it decent looking. -it is pretty light so should be fast body.

Thinking of Jordan EJ10 would look quite close to the body/wings that the kit comes with?

this looks like pro body?

(image from F1Paintlab)

any other liveries that would look good on that body?

-Pate
This one works nicely as well

The Ferrari F2005 livery should work nicely as well.
I have a few others I am working on that will be available soon
__________________
I'll hit the brakes he'll go right by
http://f1rclab.com
http://f1rclab.mybigcommerce.com
BP SHADOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:20 PM   #7655
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 78
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP SHADOW View Post
This one works nicely as well

The Ferrari F2005 livery should work nicely as well.
I have a few others I am working on that will be available soon
Thanks,Brad.

I ordered the Jordan decals for now, that Benetton does look great, I just dont trust my huge hands/masking skills that much.

Last Lotus I did was so easy, your quality decals and I only needed to paint the body black!


Any idea if faskolor fasyellow would be close to correct color? -backed with white I guess it would be close...

btw, I tried to order from f1paintlab but it did not allow me to checkout. (shipping to Finland was not allowed or something like that, cant remember the exact words)

But I ordered it from TQ so alls well.


Any timeline when E21 Lotus/2013 kimis livery is ready??? -did not find it at your store.

-Pate
fastvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:35 PM   #7656
Tech Master
 
edhchoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: vancouver, wa, usa
Posts: 1,509
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default

Nearly finished f2012 Ferrari.
edhchoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:08 AM   #7657
Tech Regular
 
Ph3nyx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Nantes, France
Posts: 329
Default

A video build of the new F104 V2 black titanium
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
__________________
the first F1 RC resource in french : www.rcf1.fr
Ph3nyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 03:47 AM   #7658
Tech Master
 
Sith Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Canberra, ACT, Australia
Posts: 1,398
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastvee View Post
Thanks,Brad.

I ordered the Jordan decals for now, that Benetton does look great, I just dont trust my huge hands/masking skills that much.

Last Lotus I did was so easy, your quality decals and I only needed to paint the body black!


Any idea if faskolor fasyellow would be close to correct color? -backed with white I guess it would be close...

btw, I tried to order from f1paintlab but it did not allow me to checkout. (shipping to Finland was not allowed or something like that, cant remember the exact words)

But I ordered it from TQ so alls well.


Any timeline when E21 Lotus/2013 kimis livery is ready??? -did not find it at your store.

-Pate
I used Faskolor Yellow, backed with white




Not sure if it's perfect but I'm pretty hapy with it. BTW - None of that yellow paint on the front endplate is there anymore. Try get some yellow vinyl if you can.
__________________
Tamiya XV-01 Rally :: Tamiya FAV 2011 :: Proline Pro2 SCB
Sith Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:22 AM   #7659
Tech Regular
 
josecarlo1129's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Las Vegas/ Bahrain
Posts: 398
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by edhchoe View Post
Nearly finished f2012 Ferrari.
Very nice, sir. Stepped-nose fan here.

Quick Q; Do the Body Set Ferrari F2012 comes with separate side pontoons? Are they installed/attached here, sir? TIA. Cheers.
__________________
Nitro: On-road 1/8: Motonica P81-RS2/Vox/Savox
Off-road 1/8: JQ TheCar/Vox/Savox
Electric: On-road 1/10 TC: Awesomatix A700 EVO/AE BD/Team Orion/Ko Propo
On-road 1/10 F1: 3Racing FGX + RC9394 Carbon Conversion AE BD/Team Orion/Ko Propo
josecarlo1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:04 AM   #7660
Tech Fanatic
 
aussierevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Brisbane Qld
Posts: 865
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

the f2012 does come with seperate side pontoons. the picture above is without them.
__________________
Speed Passion F1.
Hobbywing ESC and Motor, SMC Batteries
Meakin Park Club Member
Team ARGO RC - Like us on Facebook
aussierevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:14 AM   #7661
PDR
Tech Master
 
PDR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,808
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussierevo View Post
the f2012 does come with seperate side pontoons. the picture above is without them.
...and each side is two separate pieces. Gonna take me a little longer

Got grand visions of doing this:
__________________
T4 | X1 | Multiple Kids
2011 Slowest Winner - 21.5 Muchmore Masters & NSW State Titles Demo Class
Making an A Main at a Scotty Ernst event. Awesome. Scotty calling you first in A1. Priceless
PDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:07 AM   #7662
Tech Regular
 
Ph3nyx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Nantes, France
Posts: 329
Default

A build video in time lapse of the Corally F1SL

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
__________________
the first F1 RC resource in french : www.rcf1.fr
Ph3nyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:05 AM   #7663
Tech Elite
 
rtypec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,957
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default TCS Setup

F1 at the TCS regional race last weekend was a lot of fun. I'd like to take this opportunity to thank the UF1 and local F1 racers for sharing setup ideas and their comradery. What a great bunch of guys. I'd also like to thank FMW and RedbullFixx for their work with developing the chassis and setup sheet. Last and definately least, Vyger for being himself

The setup was easy to drive with moderate understeer. Trail braking was necessary for almost every corner. However, the car would get on power like a monster

Photos by Mr. F1 champ himself, Anthony:



Attached Thumbnails
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-rc104a.jpg   1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-rc104b.jpg   1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-f104v2-tcs_rc.gif  
rtypec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:46 AM   #7664
Tech Master
 
choisan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 1,210
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastvee View Post
Thanks,Brad.

I ordered the Jordan decals for now, that Benetton does look great, I just dont trust my huge hands/masking skills that much.


may i know where to order the decals, they are so nice. please kindly advise!
choisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:46 AM   #7665
Tech Master
 
Csaari77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 1,472
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtypec View Post
F1 at the TCS regional race last weekend was a lot of fun. I'd like to take this opportunity to thank the UF1 and local F1 racers for sharing setup ideas and their comradery. What a great bunch of guys. I'd also like to thank FMW and RedbullFixx for their work with developing the chassis and setup sheet. Last and definately least, Vyger for being himself

The setup was easy to drive with moderate understeer. Trail braking was necessary for almost every corner. However, the car would get on power like a monster

Photos by Mr. F1 champ himself, Anthony:




What position was the battery located?
__________________
Half-A$$ Racing - Problem solved, problem staying solved!
Awesomatix - Serpent - Tekin - Futaba - Cooper Motorsports.
Csaari77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tamiya Championship Series Neil Rabara Racing Forum 20785 12-06-2016 07:21 PM
TAMIYA F103 RM energyracing Electric On-Road 2342 01-09-2016 02:15 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:35 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0