Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever... >

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2897Likes

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 12:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by UrabusDenis
I bet you that thing won't be cheap.....
Old 02-01-2013, 01:05 PM
Tech Champion

Nice...looks like they went with 180mm too!
Old 02-01-2013, 05:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by edhchoe
Tight spaces for electronics.
I reckon it will have bolt on plastic/carbon trays on each side (not pictured), where those 2 holes on each side of the chassis are.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Wonder what THAT will cost??!! Hopefully not in TRG territory.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

F1 cars are getting more narrower every year.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:25 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by edhchoe
Tight spaces for electronics.
Definitely set up for shorty packs. It looks like they left room behind the battery for the ESC and probably the receiver to sit but you'll need small ones of each. Can't really tell how much room will be in front of the battery without a servo installed but it looks like there should be some. Given it is probably the same dimensions as the F104 there should be the same amount of room for electronics in front and behind a shorty pack minus the wings on the sides. Most who run a shorty pack are able to put everything in-line with the battery.
Old 02-02-2013, 02:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hi everyone. I'm thinking of getting into F1 but i'm not sure of which chassis to buy so i'm looking for some opinions. I like the F104 Pro V2, the new 3Racing F113 looks interesting too and then there's the new Serpent coming out soon and there are obviously others out there also, so what do you think guys?

Cheers
Old 02-02-2013, 07:18 AM
Tech Adept

Default New real f1 cars

Ahh anyone seen the new sauber, i love the color! The new ferrari has some black highlights mixed in with the red and white, i think it looks wicked as well. New mclaren looks the same for the most part and the force india is nice as well, looks like many went with the cover to hide the step nose!
Old 02-02-2013, 07:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Seen the new Sauber and loving it.
Looks clean and smooth.

Regards Roy

Originally Posted by eff one
Ahh anyone seen the new sauber, i love the color! The new ferrari has some black highlights mixed in with the red and white, i think it looks wicked as well. New mclaren looks the same for the most part and the force india is nice as well, looks like many went with the cover to hide the step nose!
Old 02-02-2013, 07:39 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
Definitely set up for shorty packs. It looks like they left room behind the battery for the ESC and probably the receiver to sit but you'll need small ones of each. Can't really tell how much room will be in front of the battery without a servo installed but it looks like there should be some. Given it is probably the same dimensions as the F104 there should be the same amount of room for electronics in front and behind a shorty pack minus the wings on the sides. Most who run a shorty pack are able to put everything in-line with the battery.
Yes, it will be for shorty packs. The car is designed for Serpent team drivers to use in ETS and other international races, Marc Fisher and especially Jan Asmer who is the favourite to win the ETS F1 class (2 wins in first 2 races, with a F104) . In ETS, you must use a shorty pack Also, narrow cars are run with Ride rubber tires
Old 02-02-2013, 09:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pro10noob
Seen the new Sauber and loving it.
Looks clean and smooth.

Regards Roy
C32 launch decals will be available by the end of the weekend
Ferrari and Lotus launch decals sometime next week
Old 02-02-2013, 10:35 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by eff one
Yes the Sauber, Ferrari, and McLaren cars look great! Though looking at the Ferrari and McLaren front suspension pictures I don't think they used the cover to hide the step nose. It looks like they switched from a push rod suspension to a pull rod suspension which allows them to mount the shocks and cantilevers lower in the car so they wouldn't need the step nose to clear the suspension. I wonder if McLaren did that last year too...I didn't notice then.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:48 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by AUSCAN
Hi everyone. I'm thinking of getting into F1 but i'm not sure of which chassis to buy so i'm looking for some opinions. I like the F104 Pro V2, the new 3Racing F113 looks interesting too and then there's the new Serpent coming out soon and there are obviously others out there also, so what do you think guys?

Cheers
That is going to depend on what the rules at your local track allow. If they only allow 180mm then you have the choice of any of the narrow F104 cars, the TRG F112N, and it looks like the new Serpent F1 will be 180mm as well but I'm not sure on that one as I've only seen pics and no specs. At 190mm that adds in the FGX as long as they allow the independent rear suspension. At 200mm opens up the choices a lot more with the F113, Corally, F104W, and the TOP F1 car. The TOP F1 car can be converted to 180mm by running the F104 front suspension and the F104 wheels/tires.
Old 02-02-2013, 02:57 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by AUSCAN

Cheers
First is to ask at your local club what rules you are running to. The Serpent has just been shown so won't be around for some time. If your local rules are restricted to 180mm wide cars, everything except the Tamiya F104 chassis are 200mm wide and will need an F104 front end fitting to it to make it narrow enough to race.

To run narrow, as almost every car has to use an F104 front end there's not that much difference between them. There's the link rear end on the Tamiya F104v2, Exotek, F113, Kyosho, TOP Racing, etc. and there's the fibreglass flexing links on the TRG 112, Roche Rapide, SY Brand FS104WW. Everyone has their personal favourite, but Tamiya does have a couple of advantages, easy access to spares as they can be ordered everywhere and being really popular means there's plenty of setup advice if necessary. Mind you, after saying that as they are more or less identical any setup advice for the F104v2 will work exactly the same for any link chassis, it's just whether you can get spares for them.
Old 02-02-2013, 03:59 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by superspeed
F1 cars are getting more narrower every year.
If you mean the real ones, yeah, hard to believe this thing turns.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.