R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-28-2013, 06:43 AM   #6901
Tech Champion
 
liljohn1064's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Deerfield, WI
Posts: 5,281
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to liljohn1064 Send a message via MSN to liljohn1064 Send a message via Yahoo to liljohn1064
Default

Thunderpower 21.5 is very good. That and the Sonic are almost identical.
__________________
John Higgins
liljohn1064 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:52 AM   #6902
Tech Master
 
CR0SS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: EL Jebel
Posts: 1,498
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisk View Post
just finished my FGX

if the rain would stop i could give it, its first run
It is an F1 car no need to wait for the rain to stop get out there!

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.


+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
__________________
You know the guy that beat you at the last race? It was not because of his car, or motor, or battery, it is because he was a better driver. Now go practice so you can beat him.

Visit my Youtube channel for HD R/C videos. http://www.youtube.com/user/DHCross1
CR0SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:22 AM   #6903
Tech Initiate
 
WillieSTi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Glendale CA
Posts: 43
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

chrisk, where did you get you carbon fiber rear wing plate?
__________________
Willie S.
Yokomo
WillieSTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:25 AM   #6904
Tech Fanatic
 
The Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Seattle
Posts: 949
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR0SS View Post
It is an F1 car no need to wait for the rain to stop get out there!
I've got way too much money tied up in electronics to ever attempt doing that!
__________________
-Derrick-
"Yeah, well, thats just like your opinion, man."
The Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:51 PM   #6905
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Hawaii, USA
Posts: 7,157
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillieSTi View Post
chrisk, where did you get you carbon fiber rear wing plate?
That is a 3Racing hopup part for the FGX.
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:01 PM   #6906
Tech Master
 
chrisk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,089
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Thanks insptgdt

Yes 3racing hop up part
__________________
TAMIYA - SMOKEM - REEDY
smaracing.org
chrisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:01 PM   #6907
Tech Master
 
chrisk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,089
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Thanks insptgdt

Yes 3racing hop up part
__________________
TAMIYA - SMOKEM - REEDY
smaracing.org
chrisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:45 PM   #6908
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Hawaii, USA
Posts: 7,157
Default

FYI...The 2013 Lotus launched today. Interesting to note they still have a stepped nose and did not elect to use the cosmetic cover that was approved for this year.

http://en.espnf1.com/lotusf1/motorsp...ory/99383.html
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:08 PM   #6909
Tech Master
 
CR0SS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: EL Jebel
Posts: 1,498
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Captain View Post
I've got way too much money tied up in electronics to ever attempt doing that!
That is the joy of an F1 car. The open wheels make it very easy to keep water out from under the body. It takes me all of a minute to use tape to seal off a couple small areas to ensure no water gets near my electronics.
__________________
You know the guy that beat you at the last race? It was not because of his car, or motor, or battery, it is because he was a better driver. Now go practice so you can beat him.

Visit my Youtube channel for HD R/C videos. http://www.youtube.com/user/DHCross1
CR0SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:11 PM   #6910
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Hudson Falls, NY
Posts: 872
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspGadgt View Post
FYI...The 2013 Lotus launched today. Interesting to note they still have a stepped nose and did not elect to use the cosmetic cover that was approved for this year.

http://en.espnf1.com/lotusf1/motorsp...ory/99383.html
From what I've read on the Lotus F1 site, you may see many of the new cars still with the stepped nose, as the "cover" allowed by the FIA for the nose adds as the guy at Lotus put it: "a few grams of weight", and weight is the enemy in F1 cars.

Having said that, if you look close at the pictures on the Lotus website, you will notice that there are several details that are different about the E21 vs the E20; and in my opinion the new E21 is sleeker overall than the E20 was! For example, take a close look at the profile of the nose on the E21 and then compare it to the E20, and stepped nose or not, the E21 nose is sleeker, more chisel-like in profile; and the side pods and airbox are sleeker as well. All-in-all, the E21 IS a better looking car than the E20 was! My $.02
Team Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:33 PM   #6911
Tech Adept
 
eff one's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 126
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Lotus View Post
From what I've read on the Lotus F1 site, you may see many of the new cars still with the stepped nose, as the "cover" allowed by the FIA for the nose adds as the guy at Lotus put it: "a few grams of weight", and weight is the enemy in F1 cars.

Having said that, if you look close at the pictures on the Lotus website, you will notice that there are several details that are different about the E21 vs the E20; and in my opinion the new E21 is sleeker overall than the E20 was! For example, take a close look at the profile of the nose on the E21 and then compare it to the E20, and stepped nose or not, the E21 nose is sleeker, more chisel-like in profile; and the side pods and airbox are sleeker as well. All-in-all, the E21 IS a better looking car than the E20 was! My $.02
agree on all your points there, lets hope kimi can win some more races! What is your opinion of the new red paint, i prefer the old but i guess they gotta bling it up
__________________
BLASTF1 Championship
Racing since 1994
eff one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:39 PM   #6912
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Hawaii, USA
Posts: 7,157
Default

I was hoping more teams would find a way to make it work without the stepped nose like McLaren did last year. Anyway McLaren launches in 3 days...will be interesting to see what they are doing this year.
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:41 PM   #6913
Tech Master
 
edhchoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: vancouver, wa, usa
Posts: 1,509
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisk View Post
Thanks insptgdt

Yes 3racing hop up part
Yep. I got those for my fgx also. I wish tamiya made the parts for f104.
I cracked both vertical plates on my f60
edhchoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:09 PM   #6914
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Hudson Falls, NY
Posts: 872
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eff one View Post
agree on all your points there, lets hope kimi can win some more races! What is your opinion of the new red paint, i prefer the old but i guess they gotta bling it up

I don't mind the red on the front wings and the top of the rear wing side plates, but I'm not too thrilled with the red on the top of the airbox. Not sure about the red on the side pods; I guess it's ok. I think we'll all get used to it though.

As to the stepped nose, I too wish that Lotus and the other teams would have covered them, "few grams of weight" or not: but I have a feeling that we are going to have to live with the stepped noses for at least one more year; then everything changes with the new 2014 regs!
Team Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:38 PM   #6915
Tech Master
 
CR0SS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: EL Jebel
Posts: 1,498
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

I have never understood how people are so focused on the stepped nose. It never bothered me at all. I know several people new to watching F1 this year did not even notice the stepped nose until I pointed them out. To say that small detail makes the cars ugly is a little dramatic. You really do not notice it unless you are looking at the car from just the right angle.
__________________
You know the guy that beat you at the last race? It was not because of his car, or motor, or battery, it is because he was a better driver. Now go practice so you can beat him.

Visit my Youtube channel for HD R/C videos. http://www.youtube.com/user/DHCross1
CR0SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tamiya Championship Series Neil Rabara Racing Forum 20789 Yesterday 06:01 PM
TAMIYA F103 RM energyracing Electric On-Road 2342 01-09-2016 02:15 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (1 members and 1 guests)
joho
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:00 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0