R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-05-2013, 12:30 AM   #6661
Tech Fanatic
 
dfiantii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: West Scramento, Ca
Posts: 780
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to dfiantii Send a message via Yahoo to dfiantii
Default

Looking for some help I bought the Aluminum spacer set for my F1R and I am trying to get it set to 5mm ride height in the front. Does anyone have the combination? Total F1 noob here.
__________________
TT-01/Hitec MG/SP LPF V1.1/Trinity 7.5
Losi Type-R/JR Z8800S/SP Cirtix Stock/Novak 25.5
Exotek F1R/Savox 1251/Tekin RS/21.5
"ELECTRIFIED TO THE HILT"
dfiantii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 03:24 AM   #6662
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Stockport, UK
Posts: 977
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfiantii View Post
Looking for some help I bought the Aluminum spacer set for my F1R and I am trying to get it set to 5mm ride height in the front. Does anyone have the combination? Total F1 noob here.
If you are using the wide F103 front end you can't change the ride height, you true the foam tyres down to size to reduce the ride height.

If you are using the F104 front end you change ride height by moving the spacers on the kingpin to move the steering block up and down.
terry.sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:04 AM   #6663
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 210
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry.sc View Post
If you are using the wide F103 front end you can't change the ride height, you true the foam tyres down to size to reduce the ride height.

If you are using the F104 front end you change ride height by moving the spacers on the kingpin to move the steering block up and down.
you can also use shims on the f103 front. Ive done so, just need to find small ones.
kb525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:40 AM   #6664
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 81
Default

Hi all, I'm looking for JPS decals to do a Tamiya Lotus 79 body, the reissue having not them, any ideas where I could find that ?
Gurneyflap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:48 AM   #6665
Tech Fanatic
 
Ffejdat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 904
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurneyflap View Post
Hi all, I'm looking for JPS decals to do a Tamiya Lotus 79 body, the reissue having not them, any ideas where I could find that ?
I am looking for some as well, Decal Island had some, but very hard to get in the USA it seems...
__________________
Ahhhh, I could'a got a falcon!
Ffejdat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:11 AM   #6666
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ffejdat View Post
I am looking for some as well, Decal Island had some, but very hard to get in the USA it seems...
Found in the Bay...in Italy, not cheap but free shipping everywhere.


and don't do like me, just bought them and realise now they're cheaper on their website ! (tbdecals.com)

Last edited by Gurneyflap; 01-05-2013 at 10:21 AM.
Gurneyflap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:28 AM   #6667
Tech Master
 
edhchoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: vancouver, wa, usa
Posts: 1,509
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfiantii View Post
Looking for some help I bought the Aluminum spacer set for my F1R and I am trying to get it set to 5mm ride height in the front. Does anyone have the combination? Total F1 noob here.
The height will depend on the spring and tire as well as the spacers.
You will have to try and measure yourself.

If you want to raise it by 1mm you will have to transfer 1mm washer from below the knuckle to the above and vice versa.

Last edited by edhchoe; 01-05-2013 at 11:22 AM.
edhchoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:56 PM   #6668
Tech Adept
 
WhiteLX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Vista, CA
Posts: 101
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to WhiteLX
Default

I finally finished up going though the thousand or so images from the US Grand Prix in Austin. I also captured some of the historic F1 race as well. I have a bit more than these on my hard drive, so if there is anything you are interested in seeing, don't hesitate to ask. I figured this may be helpful for you guys in replicating the F1 liveries.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/4053352...7632445553976/
__________________
Tamiya TRF201 | Tamiya TA03F Pro | Associated RC10L2 | Associated RC10L3O | 3Racing F109
WhiteLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:27 PM   #6669
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Hudson Falls, NY
Posts: 872
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteLX View Post
I finally finished up going though the thousand or so images from the US Grand Prix in Austin. I also captured some of the historic F1 race as well. I have a bit more than these on my hard drive, so if there is anything you are interested in seeing, don't hesitate to ask. I figured this may be helpful for you guys in replicating the F1 liveries.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/4053352...7632445553976/
Thank you for posting those pics!! Especially the vintage F1 cars!!

Sending you a PM
Team Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:29 AM   #6670
Tech Master
 
IndyHobbies.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Brownsburg, Indiana
Posts: 1,866
Default

DFX helped me a few pages ago get a start on listing the parts to convert an F103 front ended car to a F104 front end. I took some time to go through the manual for the F104 and create a listing of all the parts needed. I don't believe I've missed anything. A few parts from the F103 can be used for the conversion, but I didn't leave them off of the list for that reason.

Unfortunately, the cost of all these parts added up is pricey! About $75.00. If anyone has an F104 front end that they want to sell, please PM me. I'm thinking I might be better off to sell my F103/104 chassis on eBay or here and just take that $ towards a new kit.
Attached Thumbnails
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-tamiya-f104-parts-front-end-list.jpg   1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-mclarenhondachassis.jpg  
__________________
Airbrushing Projects: www.indyhobbies.com/Airbrushing.html
"If you’re in control, you’re not going fast enough." – Parnelli Jones
USVTA #144
IndyHobbies.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:43 AM   #6671
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 210
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyHobbies.com View Post
DFX helped me a few pages ago get a start on listing the parts to convert an F103 front ended car to a F104 front end. I took some time to go through the manual for the F104 and create a listing of all the parts needed. I don't believe I've missed anything. A few parts from the F103 can be used for the conversion, but I didn't leave them off of the list for that reason.

Unfortunately, the cost of all these parts added up is pricey! About $75.00. If anyone has an F104 front end that they want to sell, please PM me. I'm thinking I might be better off to sell my F103/104 chassis on eBay or here and just take that $ towards a new kit.
Ive done the same math, with a body its roughly 60 bucks on rc mart, with no upgrades obviously. all you need are rims/tires, front suspension and body. But for a touch more money i can just get an FGX and have an even cooler looking F1. I know i made my mind up
kb525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:50 AM   #6672
Tech Fanatic
 
Ffejdat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 904
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Here is my latest F-1 scale project, this is a Tamiya P-34 kit, this is the lexan version kit sold a few years ago, built stock, almost done just a few more stickers to add and I am not happy with the stickers for the rollbar so am gonna try something different there..
I am actually gonna try driving this one, not competitively just for fun, just gotta see it run around a track… JEFF
Attached Thumbnails
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-imag1061.jpg   1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-imag1063.jpg  
__________________
Ahhhh, I could'a got a falcon!
Ffejdat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:02 PM   #6673
Tech Fanatic
 
The Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Seattle
Posts: 947
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Does anyone know of a setup guide for the f104 pro (not v2)? I've been using the X-ray t3 setup guide for touring cars, and found it to be very beneficial in understanding how to properly setup a car. Unfortunately most of this info does not seem to carry over to the f1 chassis, and I'm a little confused on what changes do what.
__________________
-Derrick-
"Yeah, well, thats just like your opinion, man."
The Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:07 PM   #6674
Tech Master
 
IndyHobbies.com's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Brownsburg, Indiana
Posts: 1,866
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb525 View Post
Ive done the same math, with a body its roughly 60 bucks on rc mart, with no upgrades obviously. all you need are rims/tires, front suspension and body. But for a touch more money i can just get an FGX and have an even cooler looking F1. I know i made my mind up
Our track allows only Tamiya, including tires. So my only options are a new F104 or the V2. The V2 is just too much $ for me to justify. $500 car by the time it's rolling on its own. $750 if I had to buy components too. If F1 was my only class, maybe I could justify it.
__________________
Airbrushing Projects: www.indyhobbies.com/Airbrushing.html
"If you’re in control, you’re not going fast enough." – Parnelli Jones
USVTA #144
IndyHobbies.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:30 PM   #6675
Tech Elite
 
BP SHADOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In the LAB paintin' bodies!!!!
Posts: 2,261
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyHobbies.com View Post
DFX helped me a few pages ago get a start on listing the parts to convert an F103 front ended car to a F104 front end. I took some time to go through the manual for the F104 and create a listing of all the parts needed. I don't believe I've missed anything. A few parts from the F103 can be used for the conversion, but I didn't leave them off of the list for that reason.

Unfortunately, the cost of all these parts added up is pricey! About $75.00. If anyone has an F104 front end that they want to sell, please PM me. I'm thinking I might be better off to sell my F103/104 chassis on eBay or here and just take that $ towards a new kit.
What parts were you using to calculate the cost?
I can get you a 104 front end for a lot less than that, and with most of the hopup parts. Likewise I have a large stock of FGX parts and hopups with more on the way.
__________________
I'll hit the brakes he'll go right by
http://f1rclab.com
http://f1rclab.mybigcommerce.com
BP SHADOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tamiya Championship Series Neil Rabara Racing Forum 20781 11-21-2016 05:43 AM
TAMIYA F103 RM energyracing Electric On-Road 2342 01-09-2016 02:15 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:42 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0