Old 08-10-2012, 09:06 PM   #5551
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewWestF1 View Post
looks cool ... wish i could read Japanese
loosely googly translated

Has decided to publish the image of F1 new machine was advancing a new concept in the TRG. The image of the test machine TRG112-Proto. The driver is easy to control the direction and pitching direction to roll over the entire machine significantly narrow the characteristics was finished. F1 is the case of interference occurred with the road surface even if the vehicle height is higher in TRG112 Proto, interference with the road surface does not occur due to the mosquito narrow to the utmost limit has been achieved very smooth cornering. Please expect in the test results because it was very good. Usually equipped with batteries that rapidly became popular, of course, etc. YOKOMO GT500 also supports short Lipo. Using the short Lipo has been done in America, Europe was also quick to respond to the F1 race. * We can also be mounted to the body of the 104 other types of narrow type. Will continue to publish even more on the blog shortly
Kyosho Plazma F1
TC does RC
texastc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:41 PM   #5552
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

thanks dude .. love your fgx blog ..
.. Sakura FGX; Novak power plant, Exotek, Lotus/Renault #9 ..
.. TB-03 Calsonic GT-R . reventon s/ultra v.3 power plant . yeah racing ..
.. M-05 Mini Cooper, Silver Can 104BK speedo, fakkin' cute!

...one of these days, life will get easier...
NewWestF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 08:36 AM   #5553
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by texastc View Post
loosely googly translated

Has decided to publish the image of F1 new machine was advancing a new concept in the TRG. The image of the test machine TRG112-Proto. The driver is easy to control the direction and pitching direction to roll over the entire machine significantly narrow the characteristics was finished. F1 is the case of interference occurred with the road surface even if the vehicle height is higher in TRG112 Proto, interference with the road surface does not occur due to the mosquito narrow to the utmost limit has been achieved very smooth cornering. Please expect in the test results because it was very good. Usually equipped with batteries that rapidly became popular, of course, etc. YOKOMO GT500 also supports short Lipo. Using the short Lipo has been done in America, Europe was also quick to respond to the F1 race. * We can also be mounted to the body of the 104 other types of narrow type. Will continue to publish even more on the blog shortly
In English:
As the F111 is pretty wide when the chassis rolls it scrapes on the ground. The F112 uses a new concept of making the chassis as narrow as possible, so it doesn't do this enabling smoother cornering while allowing more chassis roll. To achieve the narrow chassis it uses a shorty battery pack. Being narrow it means you can also fit the narrow F104 bodies on it, something that wasn't possible with the previous TRG car.
terry.sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 11:40 AM   #5554
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny View Post
I originally designed this as an engine for my Tyrrell p34. I purchased it to be a shelf queen but I felt it's vacuum formed engine could be improved. So I modeled this engine to be 3d printed. While it's not exactly a Cosworth DFV it fairly close. It fits well on the car and allows the chassis to flex. The engine is mounted to the main chassis while the gearbox is mounted to the wing mounting holes.

I decided to mount the engine on a F104 instead after seeing that with a shorty lipo,and all the electronics mounted inline, I could design a late 60's era F1 body.
Sure that is not a DFX or even the DFY version ? Just kidding, that is an awesome job ! Can't wait to see the finished project.
Old 08-11-2012, 11:46 AM   #5555
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin CBR View Post
Sure that is not a DFX or even the DFY version ? Just kidding, that is an awesome job ! Can't wait to see the finished project.
It's been mistaken for a DFL but I had to tell the guy that's only for endurance racing, this is F1!
Manny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 09:33 PM   #5556
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny View Post
It's been mistaken for a DFL but I had to tell the guy that's only for endurance racing, this is F1!
Best part is those who did not follow F1 some 20 years ago and are aware of the continued improvements of Keith Duckworths masterpiece are thinking, what the heck are they talking about. Do hope to see the Cosworth name on the engine covers when you finish it.
Old 08-11-2012, 09:50 PM   #5557
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Worst part is the new 2014 rules may take Cosworth out of the F1 paddock. Rumor is Ferrari, Renault, and Mercedes may be the only suppliers. Pure already ceased operations due to financial reasons and not sure what Cosworth will be out, same reason probably.
PROMODVETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 05:59 AM   #5558
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Had a team race yesterday. Two drivers tag team during a pitstop to change tires, driver and car. I think my teammate is taking realism to the extreme, he drove with helmet and gloves for all 3 mains.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Some event photos courtesy of Allan Colico (the guy in the helmet).

The helmet was not just a gimmick, it actually worked for him. Zero distractions, eyes 100% focused on the car.
http://www.youtube.com/user/rccartips/
http://www.facebook.com/RCCarTipsFan
rccartips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:48 AM   #5559
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROMODVETTE View Post
Worst part is the new 2014 rules may take Cosworth out of the F1 paddock. Rumor is Ferrari, Renault, and Mercedes may be the only suppliers. Pure already ceased operations due to financial reasons and not sure what Cosworth will be out, same reason probably.
My guess is Cosworth is out due to reliability issues and since coming back on the F1 scene all but 2 teams dropped their engines after one season ... my $0.02
.. Sakura FGX; Novak power plant, Exotek, Lotus/Renault #9 ..
.. TB-03 Calsonic GT-R . reventon s/ultra v.3 power plant . yeah racing ..
.. M-05 Mini Cooper, Silver Can 104BK speedo, fakkin' cute!

...one of these days, life will get easier...
NewWestF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 10:33 AM   #5560
Dan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Not serious enough....he needs a fire-proof suit.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 11:18 PM   #5561
Tech Addict

Inspired by Vyger - finished my spare parts car turned foam car into the #7 MSC WGP02. Decals from F1Paintlab are the real deal. Colors used are Tamiya PS54 Cobalt Green, PS41 Bright Silver, and AS12 Bare Metal Silver for the front/rear wingset.

With the F104X1:

Old 08-12-2012, 11:33 PM   #5562
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Nice work, they both look fantastic! What paint did you use on the McLaren?
Old 08-12-2012, 11:46 PM   #5563
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavant View Post
Inspired by Vyger - finished my spare parts car turned foam car into the #7 MSC WGP02. Decals from F1Paintlab are the real deal. Colors used are Tamiya PS54 Cobalt Green, PS41 Bright Silver, and AS12 Bare Metal Silver for the front/rear wingset.

With the F104X1:

Good looking rides, and thanks for the props
BP SHADOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:02 AM   #5564
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavant View Post

looks awesome...is that a 3Racing front wing? the rear wing looks like Tamiya's - but can't place the front
Old 08-13-2012, 10:50 AM   #5565
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taman View Post
Nice work, they both look fantastic! What paint did you use on the McLaren?
Thanks. My LHS carries this paint called Alclad II - its a laquer for lexan. It was backed by a layer of Tamiya black PS5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP SHADOW View Post
Good looking rides, and thanks for the props
Credit due to the guy that came up with the sheets.
I really like the pliable nature of the decals - it wraps to contours really well. I'm also a hater of extra "clear space" outside the printed area. These decals give me better control on the trimmed area. It was weird that a set of the "Pirelli" and tire sidewall marks were more transparent the the other 3. It's why only 1 side of the car was photographed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_bojar View Post
looks awesome...is that a 3Racing front wing? the rear wing looks like Tamiya's - but can't place the front
Both wings are 3Racing. I wanted a different look from the MP4-24 or the F60. It's not as scale looking as the Tamiya wings - but they hold up pretty good against damage.