R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-25-2012, 09:07 PM   #5401
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rccartips View Post
Not calling anyone out, just a thought and suggestion.

Why must enthusiastic f1 fans of r/c curve our enthusiasm for those who have not watched the real F1 for days after the event?

Much better if you simply avoid any thread pertaining to F1 including this thread until such time you have watched the event?

Understood there is another thread in chat lounge for real F1, but we are r/c fanatics that is why we paint our cars to be realistic, have realistic F1 races and have an F1 rc car thread.

Expecting total non reference to real f1 is to me a Buzzkill.

Group 1: Buzzkill for spoiling an event that has been done for days already.
Group 2: Buzzkilll we are not allowed to show our enthusiasm for F1 with our toy cars and some reference to the real event. We want linkage between real and our toys. Going to chat lounge does not cater to that.
+1

FP1 for the next GP is only a few hours away. I didnt see the 2005 Monaco GP, so don't spoil it , lol.

Perhaps we could meet in the middle and give say 72hrs grace period after the race ending , before commenting ? ? Full scale F1 IS relevant to our little toy ,1/10th scale mock racecars......
fleetmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:51 PM   #5402
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

But the title of the thread is "1/10 R/C F1"

I honestly don't care, and know better than to check this thread due to spoilers

jus sayin

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:39 PM   #5403
Dan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

As long as we don't have that one idiot like last time in this thread spewing out the race winner right after the race finished!
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:26 PM   #5404
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I say AYE!!! and I am sorry if i have issues since i am on a vacation and only have internet and not TV, Also it has been covered in this thread a couple times not to talk about real F1..... I am not mad just disappointed that's all wanted to watch it and have the suspense like everyone else had when watching it.
Tel: (858) 997-0833
ZERTA RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:29 PM   #5405
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
As long as we don't have that one idiot like last time in this thread spewing out the race winner right after the race finished!
First I resent being called an idiot for talking about the race over 3 days after the fact.
Second it was unfortunate a few people here haven't seen the race until just before the start of the next.
Third if you follow F1 at all the results and controversy have been all over EVERY F1 news site since 30 minutes after the podium pictures were taken.

I've bookmarked the thread where people who watch the races talk about them and will keep my discussions there so no one here has to delete a recording from their PVRs ... PS FP1 starts in 26 hours, 30 minutes and 12 secs ... set your clocks. Potentially could be the last race in Hungary due to financial problems ..
.. Sakura FGX; Novak power plant, Exotek, Lotus/Renault #9 ..
.. TB-03 Calsonic GT-R . reventon s/ultra v.3 power plant . yeah racing ..
.. M-05 Mini Cooper, Silver Can 104BK speedo, fakkin' cute!

...one of these days, life will get easier...
NewWestF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:50 PM   #5406
Dan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

I was not talking about you. This happened a few months ago in this very thread.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 12:09 AM   #5407
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewWestF1 View Post
Too bad for Seb he made a boneheaded pass on the final lap and lost his 2nd place podium spot with 20 sec penalty .. Alonso . Button . Raikkonen make the 1-2-3 .
Lets see, Button goes full right to block going into the turn, Vettel gets his front wheels along side Buttons in the middle of a 180 turn, Button "drifts" full left and Vettel is the bone head ? How about the FIA for saying a driver can now use the whole track to block the car behind him ? Or maybe he should have heldh is line, let Button come over and hit him and hope Button gets the penalty for unavoidable contact ? Nah, your right, Vettel should have just slammed on his brakes and let Button pull away to block again on the next try.
Old 07-26-2012, 12:19 AM   #5408
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin CBR View Post
Lets see, Button goes full right to block going into the turn, Vettel gets his front wheels along side Buttons in the middle of a 180 turn, Button "drifts" full left and Vettel is the bone head ? How about the FIA for saying a driver can now use the whole track to block the car behind him ? Or maybe he should have heldh is line, let Button come over and hit him and hope Button gets the penalty for unavoidable contact ? Nah, your right, Vettel should have just slammed on his brakes and let Button pull away to block again on the next try.
i won't drag this out, but you need to watch that again. it didn't happen like that at all .. and we can discuss it here Formula 1... ...

Old 07-26-2012, 12:52 AM   #5409
Tech Adept

Quote:

Why must enthusiastic f1 fans of r/c curve our enthusiasm for those who have not watched the real F1 for days after the event?
Personally, I never quite understood why a race (or match, not just F1) was 'spoiled' if you knew the results. I try not to spoil it for those who haven't watched it, but I have noticed that as soon as somebody makes a slight mistake, people are immediately all over it. I didn't even realise the fotoshopped podium picture was of the last race until somebody went off about it. Because that is just as out of line, imho.

In that respect, I *do* feel that if you don't want results spoiled, watch live or stay away from media untilyou have, especially those close to the subject. And this topic *is* close to the subject.
Old 07-26-2012, 02:01 AM   #5410
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

QUOTE=NewWestF1;11018702]i won't drag this out, but you need to watch that again. it didn't happen like that at all .. and we can discuss it here Formula 1... ...[/QUOTE]

Actually, it kinda did..... Button forced Vets off, then immediately radioed "he passed me off the circuit" He only did that because JB FORCED him off the circuit. Complete BS from the FIA. McLaren fans should be ashamed of all their "Ferrari International Assistance" crap during the Michael era. Looks like they'll do anything to help McLaren at this point. .!..
Old 07-26-2012, 02:03 AM   #5411
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

.!.. McLaren......
Old 07-26-2012, 02:09 AM   #5412
Tech Champion

From what I saw...Button left him just enough room on the track to stay within the lane.
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 06:52 AM   #5413
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by CypressMidWest View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewWestF1 View Post
i won't drag this out, but you need to watch that again. it didn't happen like that at all .. and we can discuss it here Formula 1... ...
Actually, it kinda did..... Button forced Vets off, then immediately radioed "he passed me off the circuit" He only did that because JB FORCED him off the circuit. Complete BS from the FIA. McLaren fans should be ashamed of all their "Ferrari International Assistance" crap during the Michael era. Looks like they'll do anything to help McLaren at this point. .!..
I think its still the ferrari improvement agency. Just think about it. Ferrari finally start doing well and redbull start getting stuff banned left and right and drivers penalized for stupid shit.

Last edited by kb525; 07-26-2012 at 07:07 AM.
kb525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 07:40 AM   #5414
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX View Post
Agreed
Bad Form

There is a place to chat about F1 without Spoilers HERE
Quote:

Much better if you simply avoid any thread pertaining to F1 including this thread until such time you have watched the event?

Understood there is another thread in chat lounge for real F1, but we are r/c fanatics that is why we paint our cars to be realistic, have realistic F1 races and have an F1 rc car thread.

Expecting total non reference to real f1 is to me a Buzzkill.

Group 1: Buzzkill for spoiling an event that has been done for days already.
Group 2: Buzzkilll we are not allowed to show our enthusiasm for F1 with our toy cars and some reference to the real event. We want linkage between real and our toys. Going to chat lounge does not cater to that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by F N CUDA View Post
F that.

No full scale F1 results in the RC threads.
Just common courtesy.

Those in favor say aye.

Aye.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkennedy View Post
NAY. if you dont watch it, thats your issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by texastc View Post
aye.

Agree, its just courtesy.
Aye... IF it's a couple of days after

Nay, if like in this case, it's four days after the result, and the next event is about to start tomorrow... sorry, but you just can't expect people to assume you haven't seen it by then.

As has been mentioned, if you don't want to know, don't look

(Kudos to the original comment on not trying to watch it though... I have long since given up on that, and if I'm out and about, get the result asap, then watch the race later... makes for a less frustrating life! )

Ed
Old 07-26-2012, 08:31 AM   #5415
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspGadgt View Post
From what I saw...Button left him just enough room on the track to stay within the lane.
he did and the rules are you can make 1 move to block. he had the line in to the corner, SV went way too wide with plenty of room left. end of story. not a McLaren or RBR fan. could care less who's on top of constructors. it's all f@#$ politics and money anyway. i love the race and the cars and the work that goes in to making them go fast. that's it.
for the record golden boy Vettel got away with plenty his last 2 seasons, he has 2 championships well earned. this is the most competitive year in F1 in a decade which is really entertaining rather than watching 11 teams compete for 2nd place.