Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever... >

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2895Likes

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 01:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I don't want to see 6 Ferrari's running next to 3 McLaren's. I don't want to have to choose whatever paint scheme is left over because everyone is already using the paint colors that I would prefer to run. I'm not willing to spend $80 to pay someone else to paint a scheme that I can't pull off effectively and I don't want to spend tons of money on a sticker sheet. The class is supposed to be all about budget and nothing is cheaper than letting me paint my car the way I want. I've been on the fence about F1 and even have an F1 car that I could race tomorrow. I'm not committed yet though.
Old 02-19-2012, 02:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You could go back a few years and find some different schemes that were used on the more modern bodies, just not 2011s. The top teams, stay the same but there are others out there. I do agree with not wanting to run with 6 Red Ferrari's and 4 silver McLaren's, but you still have the Renault team that has switched up colors several times over the last 6 or so years. And other teams that may or may not be around today.
Rules may be a tad strict, I'm for realism within reason. Keep it looking at least possible, and not an Easter egg. Every body has opinions, that's just mine. Hell, I have a black Ferrari, and a yellow one. I like different twists to the same old story. To each his own.
Old 02-19-2012, 02:34 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bakaguyjean
I completely disagree with that, We run only F1 colors and have for years. There are tons of cars out there that can be painted up ae reall F1 cars. We all what everybody will be running and what body they are making next. Its one of the many things we talk about besides set up and real F1.
But a very nice large crowd.
I personally couldn't care less about real F1. I paint all my bodies with my usual 1 or 2 color scheme and add whatever stickers i have. I would definitely not race F1 if I had to have a real paint scheme on it. I don't have the patience with painting to do it, and screw paying someone for a required paint job.
Old 02-19-2012, 02:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

hi texastc - how is that black F-60 paint scheme holding up? From what I've read you paint the matt on the outside of the car not the inside?

I'm thinking of painting my Nissan R91CP Matt black as your F60 turned out great, I think it will suit the R91, mean and low!
Old 02-19-2012, 03:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

I prefer real looking F1 cars but we would never require it locally. I'd rather have more people race F1 than enforce a rediculous rule limiting how you can paint your car. Just my thoughts.
Old 02-19-2012, 06:12 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Taman
hi texastc - how is that black F-60 paint scheme holding up? From what I've read you paint the matt on the outside of the car not the inside?

I'm thinking of painting my Nissan R91CP Matt black as your F60 turned out great, I think it will suit the R91, mean and low!
I used a cheap generic regular ol black spray paint. It's doin ok, but does rub off in some areas. Probably areas that I didn't cover well. It was a last resort/cover up a bad paint job job. Corners mainly. I'm as bad a painter as I am a driver. Really sucks.
Old 02-19-2012, 06:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by texastc
You could go back a few years and find some different schemes that were used on the more modern bodies, just not 2011s. The top teams, stay the same but there are others out there. I do agree with not wanting to run with 6 Red Ferrari's and 4 silver McLaren's, but you still have the Renault team that has switched up colors several times over the last 6 or so years. And other teams that may or may not be around today.
Rules may be a tad strict, I'm for realism within reason. Keep it looking at least possible, and not an Easter egg. Every body has opinions, that's just mine. Hell, I have a black Ferrari, and a yellow one. I like different twists to the same old story. To each his own.
That may be an option. I want to be able to distinguish my car from others around it.

I actually do like a team color but it's not one that has ever ben used in F1. I like the '91 Mazda 787B orange and green color scheme that was run in LeMans. I've always been a Mazda person. Around 2005 or so they ran a car that had the same design but was blue and yellow. That design has been used a few times by Mazda teams. I'd like to run that design and just pretend that Mazda ran in F1. It could be a what if paint scheme.
Old 02-19-2012, 07:01 PM
Tech Master

I don't know if I posted this on here, but here is my latest. Its a spin off the classic Marlboro Mclaren. Its not authentic, but its believable.
Old 02-19-2012, 08:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

There are other options besides F1 cars. My next paint scheme will be an early 2000's Champ Car, just an F1 body. I'll post when done.
Old 02-19-2012, 08:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Stregone
I personally couldn't care less about real F1. I paint all my bodies with my usual 1 or 2 color scheme and add whatever stickers i have. I would definitely not race F1 if I had to have a real paint scheme on it. I don't have the patience with painting to do it, and screw paying someone for a required paint job.
What are the two colors you usally do anyway?
And as far as paint an F1 car,it its very cheap to do. justa few items from the dollar store and you computer printer.
Old 02-19-2012, 08:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by fredswain
I don't want to see 6 Ferrari's running next to 3 McLaren's. I don't want to have to choose whatever paint scheme is left over because everyone is already using the paint colors that I would prefer to run. I'm not willing to spend $80 to pay someone else to paint a scheme that I can't pull off effectively and I don't want to spend tons of money on a sticker sheet. The class is supposed to be all about budget and nothing is cheaper than letting me paint my car the way I want. I've been on the fence about F1 and even have an F1 car that I could race tomorrow. I'm not committed yet though.
You can run a F1 body for years. Just replacing wings,they are not Touring cars. Its easy enough to make a F1 body for under $40.
Old 02-19-2012, 08:55 PM
Tech Elite

The local class here wants only real F1 paint schemes. I don't want to run one of them.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by texastc
I don't know if I posted this on here, but here is my latest. Its a spin off the classic Marlboro Mclaren. Its not authentic, but its believable.

I like that nice twist on a classic scheme.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Here's a pic of my first F1 paint job. I made all of the decals for this car on my vinyl cutter. Although it's fictional, I thought that ENCOM (Tron) would be a large enough company to support an F1 team, lol. Just takes a little imagination. Think my next car may be a mountain dew/code red car.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 02-19-2012, 09:55 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by fredswain
The local class here wants only real F1 paint schemes. I don't want to run one of them.
I'm about to start running out there too, and the paint requirement is really the only thing I don't like about the whole thing. In my case it's going to cost me $100 just to keep up with image requirements. In addition it keeps us from doing cool stuff (to me) like flat black, carbon fiber wrap, free RC car decals.

I bought all used stuff that came with 3 bodies, but none are painted "correctly" to match a real car. So, to make my car meet the requirements I'm looking a $40 body, $35 decals to match real F1, plus paint, shipping, etc.).

This series brought me back into RC cars after nearly 25 years without a rig. I'll end up paying what I need to, but I'd hate the image costs to keep someone else, who wants to buy used or has an old car collecting dust with "incorrect" paint, from entering. Like I said, its the only thing I don't like about the series, and runs contrary to the best thing I like - the low budget.

Hell, I may end up being a terrible 2WD pilot, and then my $100 image costs will really suck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.