Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever... >

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2897Likes

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 01:59 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TonyK
I picked up a bone stock F103. What hop ups if any should I pick up since I will be racing it?

Alu motor mount, centre alu shock, front spring set, some touring car spring sets for the centre shock, pinion & spur gears & more tires for practice.
Old 06-09-2009, 02:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

box stock the f103 is good, no need for hop ups as these add weight. good are graphite chassis and carbon fiber shaft to reduce weight and sure to add performance. good traction compound for rear tires.

items that may reduce performance are center oil shock (adds 15 - 20 grms), aluminum servo and motor mounts (more weight).

tamiya foam tires with the tamiya logo are very light... but very expensive.
Old 06-09-2009, 02:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TonyK
I picked up a bone stock F103. What hop ups if any should I pick up since I will be racing it?
Just run it! Go any were there is space and get it going. Practice driving the car before you go to the race track, draw marks to follow on the pavement, practice staying in the course. When your good at this, take a drive and go to the track, maybe ask them for telemetry and see how well you can lap around.
Brake some rods, do in a couple of gears, finish of some sets of sponge, maybe do in a motor that you did not brake in, have fun learning how to set up your chassis. Then go forward.

I started with the basic custom kit-electronics: F103RM, 540J, AM 2ch TX/RX, Tamiya 101 ESC, when this equipment became familiar and I was on the track more than not avoiding other cars and getting better lap times, then came the upgrades.

This is my experience and it's been toons of fun! I hope this helps you save some money and enjoy your F1, before the LIPO Brush/Brushless, carbon whatever becomes indispensable.

Hope this helps,
Cheers - HY
Old 06-09-2009, 03:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ben.C
Alu motor mount, centre alu shock, front spring set, some touring car spring sets for the centre shock, pinion & spur gears & more tires for practice.
^^^Correct
Old 06-09-2009, 03:56 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by robk
^^^Correct

Thanks!!
Old 06-09-2009, 06:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Here are a couple of pics of the car. I think it already has the alum. shock and motor mount.

Old 06-09-2009, 06:32 PM
Tech Champion

You're in good shape Tony. Maybe you may want a long upper deck, since the cars are floppy without it, but it will be more important for carpet than asphalt.
Old 06-09-2009, 07:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Sorry double post
Old 06-13-2009, 09:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lightfoot
So if your an F1 fan, you will love this...

http://www.charleslightfoot.com/UF1SD.html
This is a great event for F1 racing. I would engourage everyone to take advantage of this. And right now the airline rates are almost to the point they would pay someone to fly with them...let's race!

I like how the rules are kept simple and the laid back schedule for this.

Speaking of laid back, if the gang from Cooper motorsports show up with the Hyperdrive F1's just ignore them, they always look like they are sleepwalking. I'm sure I'll pay for that statement later.
Old 06-14-2009, 05:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Is it really better to use the optional 0.4 spur/pinion? What are the biggest advantages?
Old 06-16-2009, 09:14 AM
Tech Master

Questions??

Hi F1 guys.
I never have a F1 chassis before, but maybe I will buy a F1 chassis due the new carpet indoor circuit in my city.
But not interested in the new Tamiya F104, Tech F108/F125, 3racing F109 and Cross CF01 "normal version" due the battery position will affect the rear traction, i wonder have a conventional battery position ones.
(You could comment about my reason not to choosing these kind of battery position chassis.)

Then i am interested in CF-01-2008 of Cross, just because it has so much parts is matched with "old" F103 and its nice design.
About this point i just to ask if it fits some after market parts: Yeah Racing Aluminum + 2mm FRP Suspension Set (BK) for Tamiya F103RM,

Best regards
Attached Thumbnails 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-ff2008.jpg  

Last edited by mac853; 06-16-2009 at 01:18 PM.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:46 PM
Tech Champion

Hurricane All Star Series to feature F1!!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hurric...s/102677532856
Old 06-17-2009, 12:06 AM
Tech Addict

HPI F10 's are on the way
pre-order start soon
Old 06-17-2009, 04:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mac853
Hi F1 guys.
I never have a F1 chassis before, but maybe I will buy a F1 chassis due the new carpet indoor circuit in my city.
But not interested in the new Tamiya F104, Tech F108/F125, 3racing F109 and Cross CF01 "normal version" due the battery position will affect the rear traction, i wonder have a conventional battery position ones.
(You could comment about my reason not to choosing these kind of battery position chassis.)

Then i am interested in CF-01-2008 of Cross, just because it has so much parts is matched with "old" F103 and its nice design.
About this point i just to ask if it fits some after market parts: Yeah Racing Aluminum + 2mm FRP Suspension Set (BK) for Tamiya F103RM,

Best regards

The first Cross chassis with the inboard shocks and link type rear pod is the better of the two. You can chose if you want the battery rear or center mounted. There is a third if you are not aware. It is a mix of the two. It has the newer front suspension with the old link type rear pod. Also you can choose wher you would likethe battery. That being said can you get parts for it? You can not use Tamiya type front suspension arms on any of the Cross chassis. Both of the Cross suspension arms have alot more parts than Tamiya and more can go wrong.Also you really need the alloy bulk heads for the front suspension. They are the frist parts to break. You can use Tamiya style rear pods on the Cross chassis. They are the same size. The Cross alloy pod sides are the same as the Alloy pod sides from Square,just a different color. The first and second chassis does not use a "T" bar so you dont have to worry about it breaking but you have to worry about the rear battery holder snapping in half as the rear pod is anchored to it.

I would just buy a F103 15th chassis if you want to race,and use a Cross as backup. So you can get a feel for it and the parts. All of tires and wheels from Tamiya fit the Cross cars along with alot of other parts but the front suspension on all three do not this could be a problem for you depending on where you live.
All of the Cross chassis are nice and I have one of the 2 1/2 chassis cars but The Tamiya F103 is hard to beat for parts and working correctly %95 of the time.
I to also like a rear mounted battery
Good luck
Old 06-17-2009, 05:09 AM
Tech Master

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by bakaguyjean
The first Cross chassis with the inboard shocks and link type rear pod is the better of the two. You can chose if you want the battery rear or center mounted. There is a third if you are not aware. It is a mix of the two. It has the newer front suspension with the old link type rear pod. Also you can choose wher you would likethe battery. That being said can you get parts for it? You can not use Tamiya type front suspension arms on any of the Cross chassis. Both of the Cross suspension arms have alot more parts than Tamiya and more can go wrong.Also you really need the alloy bulk heads for the front suspension. They are the frist parts to break. You can use Tamiya style rear pods on the Cross chassis. They are the same size. The Cross alloy pod sides are the same as the Alloy pod sides from Square,just a different color. The first and second chassis does not use a "T" bar so you dont have to worry about it breaking but you have to worry about the rear battery holder snapping in half as the rear pod is anchored to it.

I would just buy a F103 15th chassis if you want to race,and use a Cross as backup. So you can get a feel for it and the parts. All of tires and wheels from Tamiya fit the Cross cars along with alot of other parts but the front suspension on all three do not this could be a problem for you depending on where you live.
All of the Cross chassis are nice and I have one of the 2 1/2 chassis cars but The Tamiya F103 is hard to beat for parts and working correctly %95 of the time.
I to also like a rear mounted battery
Good luck
Sorry from my ignorance, you mean that old version fireforce(picture below), which is able twice type of battery position. I think that design with plastic upper deck is useless and that front suspension design make me remind that kind of Tb03 and Ta05-ifs which has problem of understeer in our GP track, off course we could not judging since we are taling about lightweight and 2wd F1s.

But, the case of your "3rd choice", i can't find, nor any idea.
I believe is exclusively version which only sell inside of Japan, how you know Cross is small factory, would you mind to show me where could i find it, at least some image, please?

About the HPI Ften of somebody talked so much in these last weeks, i think the design is cool, but i don't believe it will be popular due the lack of parts and it's 4.8V.
Attached Thumbnails 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-will-4.jpg  

Last edited by mac853; 06-17-2009 at 05:19 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.