R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-27-2009, 08:34 PM   #331
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Andy! Whatup! So how does one go about getting a Tech F1 or a TRG in this country. Window shopping just kills me. The 104 may be the way to go but you know me, Just go!
Old 05-27-2009, 09:52 PM   #332
Tech Rookie

Default CF01'08 servo mount....

Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDooPH View Post
hope you guys don't mind... sharing pix of my Cross CF01'08.

most of the hop-ups are in there. also retrofitted a tamiya battery tray from an F103RM as well as replaced the front suspension to use a steel shaft (instead of the stock plastic one).

the body is a chevron... was originally thinking of doing a Toyota TF108 livery but go too lazy to mask the rear end of the car and the wing. the front wing is from Blade... and its originally for a high nose body... didn't want to use the elaborate one that came with the body for fear of ripping off the lexan attachment once on the track. also still deliberating if i should cut off the sides and install the rounded ones.
Hi,

I have a CF01'08 also and im interested to know how you mounted the servo standing up like that. The default is for it to lay down (attached with servo tape) but your method looks much nicer.

thanks
gstark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 10:05 PM   #333
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to VooDooPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstark View Post
Hi,

I have a CF01'08 also and im interested to know how you mounted the servo standing up like that. The default is for it to lay down (attached with servo tape) but your method looks much nicer.

thanks
used a mini servo (Futaba 9650)... had to file a bit off the sides from the topdeck for the servo to slide through. then just used double sided tape at the bottom of the servo. hths
Old 05-27-2009, 10:40 PM   #334
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Just wanted to throw it out on here that I have 2 Chevron F108 bodies on their way from Japan, I also have the Ferrari and McLaren decal sheet coming as well. I bought these to have on hand for customer paint jobs, if anyone is interested in having a body done, PM me and we can talk price and timing.
Just a refresher of my work

I currently have 2 jobs that I need to do, so I will be doing these on a first come first serve basis
BP SHADOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 05:33 PM   #335
Tech Rookie

Quote:
used a mini servo (Futaba 9650)... had to file a bit off the sides from the topdeck for the servo to slide through. then just used double sided tape at the bottom of the servo. hths
Brilliant thanks! btw did the battery mount from the f103 fit without issues? It seems like it would solve the issue with the cf01'08 being too wide for some bodies.

One more thing how was the quality of your car.? I personaly found a few issues with mine im wondering if it was a one off.

Thanks again for your help.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:39 PM   #336
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to VooDooPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstark View Post
Brilliant thanks! btw did the battery mount from the f103 fit without issues? It seems like it would solve the issue with the cf01'08 being too wide for some bodies.

One more thing how was the quality of your car.? I personaly found a few issues with mine im wondering if it was a one off.

Thanks again for your help.

battery mount will fit. but you'd have to trim off some material from the front mount to accommodate the middle posts holding up the topdeck. also, finding the right screws so that the ones that go through the front mount is long enough so that the nut is just below the topdeck. i'll try to take pics of what i did.

as for quality, i've found the front bulkhead to be weak. a few taps or bumps and you'd have the mounts where the top arms are connected breaking off. to fix this, i've filled up the spaces and gaps with cigarette ash and CA glue
Old 05-29-2009, 05:48 AM   #337
Tech Rookie

Quote:
battery mount will fit. but you'd have to trim off some material from the front mount to accommodate the middle posts holding up the topdeck. also, finding the right screws so that the ones that go through the front mount is long enough so that the nut is just below the topdeck. i'll try to take pics of what i did.

as for quality, i've found the front bulkhead to be weak. a few taps or bumps and you'd have the mounts where the top arms are connected breaking off. to fix this, i've filled up the spaces and gaps with cigarette ash and CA glue
Thanks for the info.
Old 05-29-2009, 11:08 PM   #338
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default First Annual Ultimate F1 Series Day

So if your an F1 fan, you will love this...

http://www.charleslightfoot.com/UF1SD.html
lightfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 07:39 PM   #339
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to akura2 Send a message via Yahoo to akura2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliYogi View Post
and reasonably priced.
Have you run this kit? Is it as good quality as Tamiya?
Thanks Akura2 for the info
I don't have one... yet... I'm not sure which kit I want to go for.. I have an HPI Super F1, but I'm scared to race it due to fear of braking the front arms... (one of the best F1 front suspension setups I've ever seen)...
akura2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 07:40 PM   #340
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to akura2 Send a message via Yahoo to akura2

Tech racing will soon have a replica of the 2009 Toyota bodywork... I still wonder if the chassis itself is any good...

akura2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 01:13 AM   #341
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to idwurks Send a message via Yahoo to idwurks

Quote:
Originally Posted by akura2 View Post
Tech racing will soon have a replica of the 2009 Toyota bodywork... I still wonder if the chassis itself is any good...

Do you know if you can buy the wingset seperately? I actually am searching for a bit more steering on our carpet track. That wing setup could help on high speed steering.
Old 06-01-2009, 06:23 AM   #342
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by idwurks View Post
Do you know if you can buy the wingset seperately? I actually am searching for a bit more steering on our carpet track. That wing setup could help on high speed steering.
The front and rear wings are sold seperatly,around $9 each. A friend of mine has this chassis but he hasent ran it yet as he is still in the top 4 in the "A" main with his F103 so he hasnt really ben that excited to try it.
Old 06-01-2009, 06:29 AM   #343
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter $ View Post
Att:bakaguyjean

Thanks a lot for the info. Hopefully I can find a manual on the webpage you referred to.

It seems that there are plenty of spareparts to get, so I imagine that that won't be a problem for me.

I took a couple of shots of my car (quite a contrast to the beautiful cars in this thread ), just to show what I'm now going to try to restore to its former glory

Cheers,
Peter
The Jordan look great no matter how its painted. The body set would be the most expensive thing to replace.There are alot of threads in the Tamiyaclub forums about stripping paint from lexan shells if you want to go that way.The decals you can get away with the D-Drive MS decals.

There are some people that love the F102 over the F103. Most of the parts besides the body set are "C" car parts. Tamiya has re release the C11 so you should be able to get parts for it.
Old 06-01-2009, 11:03 AM   #344
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to idwurks Send a message via Yahoo to idwurks

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakaguyjean View Post
The front and rear wings are sold seperatly,around $9 each. A friend of mine has this chassis but he hasent ran it yet as he is still in the top 4 in the "A" main with his F103 so he hasnt really ben that excited to try it.
Thanks for the info. Do you happen to have the part numbers so I can order them from Rainbow10? Or do you have another site I can order them from? (I never thought Id want to buy the 09 wings haha)
Old 06-05-2009, 10:53 PM   #345
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakaguyjean View Post
The Jordan look great no matter how its painted. The body set would be the most expensive thing to replace.There are alot of threads in the Tamiyaclub forums about stripping paint from lexan shells if you want to go that way.The decals you can get away with the D-Drive MS decals.
Thanks again for your comments. My restoration is coming along fine. I only need to install the electronics, repair the rear wing, and do a little touch-up with paint on the body and put on the decals.

I don't want to make it like the actual Jordan, I just want it to look like a car that could be a part of a 94' grid.

As I have been working on the car I have thought about what a shame it is that we don't have races in Denmark with these cars. But I guess I have to settle with taking my own car to the practices in my club, and race for fun against the tourings cars that is the only cars present there.

When the restoration is finished I will post some pictures here.

Cheers,
Peter
Peter $ is offline   Reply With Quote