R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-06-2011, 01:16 PM   #3226
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljohn1064 View Post
This my first non-silver can F1. The thing came off at 120* after two runs. I ballparked a rollout based on Lightfoot's gearing from the UF1 21.5 results. I thought the silver can was fun, this was way beyond.
My last few race days in the UF1 Open class with my F103 were with a 10.5 on foams and 100% traction.
Imagine how that went.
Old 11-06-2011, 01:19 PM   #3227
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to liljohn1064 Send a message via MSN to liljohn1064 Send a message via Yahoo to liljohn1064

Quote:
Originally Posted by F N CUDA View Post
My last few race days in the Open class with my F103 were with a 10.5 on foams and 100% traction.
Imagine how that went.
I can only imagine. I think your face must still hurt from the smiling.
Old 11-06-2011, 01:34 PM   #3228
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljohn1064 View Post
I can only imagine. I think your face must still hurt from the smiling.
I almost felt bad cuz it seemed to be an unfair advantage but it was, afterall, Open Class.

My 104 is gettin really close to being a full blown race car now too.
Thing was strapped yesterday.
Old 11-06-2011, 03:05 PM   #3229
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Stupid thread is doing it again...
This is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it- Psalms 118:24

World Champion Turn Marshall
BadSign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 05:19 PM   #3230
Tech Fanatic

I personally could care less if F1 is slower than 1/12 or WGT or whatever. F1 is it's own unique class; and it's main appeal has always been and should continue to be, SCALE REALISM. It is not to be compared with any other class of car.

I would hate to see those who are obsessed with all-out performance hijack the F1 class and ruin it the way 1/10 touring has been ruined. We already have those who promote the "shaved to the rim" foam tires on an F1 car, as well as "cheater" cars like the current Corally F1 car, which is nothing more than a pan car with an F1 body on it. Maybe those who are obsessed with that sort of thing out to start their own class and leave mainstream F1 alone.

I know that I'm going to be "flamed" for my comments, but I feel very strongly about this. All too often, the "performance obsessed" have hijacked various on-road classes and have directly contributed to it's decline as on-road has become overly expensive and complex for the average rc racer; and as a result, many have defected to off-road racing. F1 is my all-time favorite form of racing, and I don't want to see that happen with it!
Team Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 05:46 PM   #3231
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Nice post Team Lotus.
http://www.youtube.com/user/rccartips/
http://www.facebook.com/RCCarTipsFan
rccartips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 05:52 PM   #3232
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Dasmopar

Quote:
Originally Posted by rccartips View Post
Nice post Team Lotus.
+1

Guys at our track seem to think since real F1 cars are so fast the R/C F1 cars need to be the fastest thing on the track also. After today i think they figured out its all about scale looks and ultra tight racing.
Chicky fan club member #11
Dasmopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 06:50 PM   #3233
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Lotus View Post
I personally could care less if F1 is slower than 1/12 or WGT or whatever. F1 is it's own unique class; and it's main appeal has always been and should continue to be, SCALE REALISM. It is not to be compared with any other class of car.

I would hate to see those who are obsessed with all-out performance hijack the F1 class and ruin it the way 1/10 touring has been ruined. We already have those who promote the "shaved to the rim" foam tires on an F1 car, as well as "cheater" cars like the current Corally F1 car, which is nothing more than a pan car with an F1 body on it. Maybe those who are obsessed with that sort of thing out to start their own class and leave mainstream F1 alone.

I know that I'm going to be "flamed" for my comments, but I feel very strongly about this. All too often, the "performance obsessed" have hijacked various on-road classes and have directly contributed to it's decline as on-road has become overly expensive and complex for the average rc racer; and as a result, many have defected to off-road racing. F1 is my all-time favorite form of racing, and I don't want to see that happen with it!
+1
Old 11-06-2011, 07:39 PM   #3234
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I agree with Team Lotus, at the same time do not hold the cars back with a slow motor rule.

Visit my Youtube channel for HD R/C videos. http://www.youtube.com/user/DHCross1
CR0SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 07:40 PM   #3235
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:

I understand what you want to say,but I dont think you understand how fast a "scale F1 RC" can be. They dont not need to be out of scale to be extreamly fast. They just need to be set up for it,They do not need to be butchered up to go fast and handle well. F1 speed is not limited by design but by rules.
bakaguyjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 07:41 PM   #3236
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Any word on the Tamiya race this weekend? Pics, video, anything?
Kyosho Plazma F1
TC does RC
texastc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 07:49 PM   #3237
Tech Champion

Have to agree, let the 180mm Modern Realistic class frenzy keep growing.

If 200mm guys show up with enough to run a class then that's cool too or if the track is even mellow enough to let em all run together for fun, great.

I wouldn't even mind watchin a class of Corallys run but we all know these are 3 different levels of F1 racing and can't run fairly together for the same podium.

As far as the Tamiya race this weekend, it was a blast!

22 F1s, traction was up and racing was TIGHT!

Thanks to Tamiya and Speedtech RC!
Old 11-06-2011, 08:06 PM   #3238
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:

Thank you, I couldn't agree more
BP SHADOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 08:23 PM   #3239
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Had our first F1 race locally and it was a blast. Only 3 cars though but there are several more people that are buying them after yesterday.

I do have a question as I need some gearing options. I do have several pinions that came with my F1 when I bought it used. But I'm not 100% sure if they are the Tamiya 04 mod or 64 pitch. Are they close enough that you can use them together?
Odin544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 08:28 PM   #3240
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odin544 View Post
Had our first F1 race locally and it was a blast. Only 3 cars though but there are several more people that are buying them after yesterday.

I do have a question as I need some gearing options. I do have several pinions that came with my F1 when I bought it used. But I'm not 100% sure if they are the Tamiya 04 mod or 64 pitch. Are they close enough that you can use them together?
I run them together with no issues at all.