Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-26-2011, 12:43 PM   #2656
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by orci77 View Post
I agree: BP you are absolutely evil!

Very nice work. Will you ever drive it?
I would if I still had it. It shipped off to its new owner on Friday, and he is already in possession of the car. Most of the cars I post on here are customer commissioned. I have my own stuff, but lately I hardly get to work on it which is a good thing. I am also working on generating artwork for a number of decal sheets of this years cars, among them Lotus T128, Renault Lotus R31, RedBull RB7. There will be more after that, but those 3 are the primary focus at the moment. I dont have cost or timing yet, but i should in the next week or so.
BP SHADOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 06:13 PM   #2657
Tech Rookie

Default My First F1 Body

Here's my first F1 body. Tried to replicate the Ferrari 248 F1 MSC#5. Let me know what you guys think/tips for the future.
Attached Thumbnails
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-img_0797.jpg   1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-img_0792.jpg   1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-img_0789.jpg   1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-img_0795.jpg  
Kapitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 06:22 PM   #2658
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapitan View Post
Here's my first F1 body. Tried to replicate the Ferrari 248 F1 MSC#5. Let me know what you guys think/tips for the future.
Wow
Kyosho Plazma F1
TC does RC
texastc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 08:20 PM   #2659
Tech Rookie

Default My take on a Classic

Hey, new to posting here and rather new to the RC world but a huge fan of F1 and in lieu of not having the money, or the skills, or connections or anything remotely close to a racing life I decided to do the best next thing. Enter the RC world.

Anyway, my love for the sport started the first time I saw the Lotus John Player Special driven by Ayrton Senna in the Mexico GP in 1986. So I decided to build my F104 Pro with what I think the livery would be like if cigarettes would still be allowed to sponsor the cars. I ordered the decals on ebay and one of the sets came all the way from Italy!

I hope you like them.

PS: I'll upload the my version of a F1 livery with the Tamiya F104 body set along with my two other cars in the following post since this only allows 5 pictures a post.
Attached Thumbnails
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-lotusjsp1.jpg   1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-lotusjps2.jpg   1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-lotusjps6.jpg   1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-lotusjps4.jpg   1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-lotusjps3.jpg  

Last edited by cerealstudio; 06-27-2011 at 03:47 PM.
cerealstudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 08:22 PM   #2660
Tech Rookie

Default My take on a Classic Part 2

And here are my pics of what I call the CerealStudio team. Red, black and white.
Attached Thumbnails
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-tamiyaf104.jpg   1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-teamcereal.jpg  

Last edited by cerealstudio; 06-27-2011 at 03:47 PM.
Old 06-27-2011, 03:46 AM   #2661
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapitan View Post
fantastic where did you pick up that decal sheet?
ptorlax18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 09:06 AM   #2662
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

quick motion pic :

the shutter speed sure makes that silvercan look FAST
Old 06-27-2011, 05:40 PM   #2663
Tech Rookie

What kind of paint and prep work are you guys using on the front and back wings? Also, where do I get the t-bar camera on top? Thanks.
JoCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 02:09 AM   #2664
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoCo View Post
What kind of paint and prep work are you guys using on the front and back wings? Also, where do I get the t-bar camera on top? Thanks.
wings are kinda hard to paint as it cracks and flakes under impact(s). try using adhesive vynal,works pretty good. the tbar camera thingy comes with a 3racing f104 wing set.

Eagle Racing GRT FRD. Tamiya F103GT. Tamiya Blackfoot............ORIGINAL
kneedeeppow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 11:10 AM   #2665
Tech Rookie

Default Mine Cogs, yours?

Hey guys, I also have a question for you. Under the hood of the JPS three or four posts above I am running the Sidewinder Sport 5700kV System with the SV2 ESC, the DX3E Spektrum and a 5000mAh NiMH stick pack. A pretty sweet kit for a noob if you ask me but lo-and-behold the thing cogs. I went to local hobby shop and they told me there is pretty much nothing to do unless I buy a new LiPO set ($100 at least and that won't totally fix it, he said) so my question is: Would a LRP BEC Stabilizing Cap help a bit?

Or is there another solution besides changing my battery system?

Thanks
Old 06-28-2011, 11:15 AM   #2666
Tech Champion

The battery has nothing to do if it cogs...that is entirely your ESC/motor combo. I'm not familiar with that system but if it is a sensorless system then that is your problem. If it is a sensored system then you are having a problem with the ESC reading the rotor position. This could be a result of dirt on one of the sensors in the motor, a broken sensor board, a broken sensor cable, or something wrong on the ESC where the sensor plugs into it.
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 11:18 AM   #2667
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Who's going to the IIC Race in Vegas this year ?

I was talking to a group of folks this past weekend who are all going and the idea of running F1's as a 2nd class came up... Turns out Hiro knows Scotty... Hiro contacted Scotty... and here's the deal...

Scotty is willing to have a F1 rubber class if we can get 20 entries... This is totally doable considering people will be coming from around the Country...

So If your going to IIC this year and want to run F1 rubber, please add your name to this list and lets see if we can get 20.... Only put your name if your intending to go, writing your name down just to help the cause wont help Scotty gauge the turnout...

http://www.rctech.net/forum/californ...ll-so-cal.html
Old 06-28-2011, 11:24 AM   #2668
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspGadgt View Post
The battery has nothing to do if it cogs...that is entirely your ESC/motor combo. I'm not familiar with that system but if it is a sensorless system then that is your problem. If it is a sensored system then you are having a problem with the ESC reading the rotor position. This could be a result of dirt on one of the sensors in the motor, a broken sensor board, a broken sensor cable, or something wrong on the ESC where the sensor plugs into it.
Yes, it is sensorless.. didn't know the difference when I bought it. Like I said, a total noob here. So, are there any solutions? A Capacitor? A new electronic system? Throwing it away??!

Cheers Gadget
Old 06-28-2011, 12:26 PM   #2669
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Support Today Austin GP F1 USA

(Sent by the Circuit of the Americas, Austin, TX)

We want to thank you for your enthusiasm and support of the United States Grand Prix. ....

Council voted to delay taking action (to approve the GP) this past week, but all indications are they will provide the official endorsement once event contract details are finalized. We are ready to bring the world to Austin and you can help make that happen.

Take a moment today to send a message to Council Members through the AustinF1Facts.com website. Urge them to support endorsement of the race and let them know you want to see Formula 1 come to the U.S. once again. Council meets on Wednesday, June 29 to make its final vote, so send in your email today.

Thank you for helping Formula 1 in the U.S. cross the finish line!
Help spread the word about Circuit of The Americas! Please share this e-mail and forward it on.

Circuit of the Americas, LLC - 301 Congress, Suite 220 Austin, TX 78701

Click here:
http://austinf1facts.com/?utm_source...52BJune%252B25

Thanks for your support,
Marcos
Old 06-28-2011, 02:15 PM   #2670
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneedeeppow View Post
wings are kinda hard to paint as it cracks and flakes under impact(s). try using adhesive vynal,works pretty good. the tbar camera thingy comes with a 3racing f104 wing set.

Which wings set exactly?
JoCo is offline   Reply With Quote