R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-07-2010, 02:39 PM   #1936
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

That means the very best F1 in the world is back!!! I've driven other versions of the MLP's and they all had the same trait, finding traction where traction was never found before. Can't wait to see the new ones I've heard about. Get those pics up!
Old 10-07-2010, 02:52 PM   #1937
Tech Adept

Hang in there, it will be awhile before we are ready to post anything; but it will be worth the wait!!
Enforcerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 03:20 PM   #1938
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcerman View Post
we recently bought the rights to MLP Motorsports and all their designs.
Will you be bringing back complete MLP line, or only specific ones?

The one you are developing has nothing to do with the previous MLP Formula cars?
Jeff D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 09:58 AM   #1939
Tech Elite

Quote:
Hang in there, it will be awhile before we are ready to post anything; but it will be worth the wait!!
Hey Enforcerman, you can also try the "challenge F1" thread here. It has been said that it will take the place of the old RC-F1 site.

I cannot speak for enforcerman but the previous owner has been a friend of mine for years. I've driven his cars including the last ones with the new pod design. I can assure you guys that the designs are at the top of the food chain for F1 racing. Like he said "it will be worth the wait."

With Marty out due to health problems I am no longer a team driver but I am sure the new owner will enjoy seeing the cars perform as Marty said they would. I'm sure he will do well with them.
Old 10-08-2010, 10:45 AM   #1940
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up F1 for fun

I love F1 I'm currently running a Tamiya F104 mainly but I also have a F103 and a HPI F10. In the last couple of weeks I have been putting some work into the F10 it has a Exotex chassis and other upgrades. I run the indoor season at the Coliseum in Frederick,MD if your in the area stop by (saturdays).
E M Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 12:49 PM   #1941
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverhkswrx View Post
That is dead sexy! it just looks a litle flimsy, it definately needs central support and an upper deck. plus the rear looks very wide. but the concept is very good. i think the rear toe adjusters should be on the inside of the knuckle, not the top/bottom becuase of wheel width options.

possibly a 2 gear tranny?!?!?

Those link arms are there to alter the wheel angels during braking/acceleration. Sounds to me like a good thing to improve stability. particularly during braking.

that gearbox is chunky. why fully enclosed? I like it but why..
MatsNorway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 03:49 PM   #1942
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Not long now before we get to see the new Tamiya F104 McLaren, heres an artist pic off the tamiya website

And the the all black pro edition.
Attached Thumbnails
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-top.jpg   1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-topb.jpg  
Taman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 04:17 PM   #1943
Tech Adept

Thanks for the kind comments regarding MLP Motorsports guys; we appreciate it!! Enforcer RC will operate as MLP did, and we plan on pushing the car design envelope all the way!

Jeff D., which MLP F1 cars would you like to see? Let us know and I will look into it.

We hope to have a website up and running at some point when we are ready, so stay tuned for that. Also, I am in constant contact with Marty, and he still is involved in overall car design, so for those of you who are MLP fans you will not be disappointed!
Old 10-08-2010, 04:21 PM   #1944
Tech Adept

I forgot to mention that I already have the Challenge F1 site bookmarked and will be checking it out daily.

Got to go now, I'm watching the practice for the Japanese GP that I recorded earlier today. I'm pulling for Webber to win the championship.
Old 10-08-2010, 04:22 PM   #1945
Tech Master

Amen, Enforcerman. Webber all the way.
kdeselms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 04:46 PM   #1946
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Jeff D., which MLP F1 cars would you like to see? Let us know and I will look into it.
I don't remember which model, but I remember it had a 6 cell saddle pack and could use a F103 front end.

The Venom was the top of the line wasn't it?

I'll definately be watching your site. Just when I was finally ready to step up and buy one the site went into limbo.

Good luck to you and good health to Marty.
Jeff D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 08:24 PM   #1947
Tech Elite

"I don't remember which model, but I remember it had a 6 cell saddle pack and could use a F103 front end."

You may be thinking of the V103. That was the first car with the new pod design and trust me, it was a rocket. Since then it has changed to allow for stick packs as well. Anywhere on the track you wanted to be it would stick to that line and stay there. I'm waiting for them to hit the market with cash in hand..
Old 10-09-2010, 04:52 PM   #1948
Tech Rookie

Default McLaren decals

Hi
Does anyone know where else I might be able to find 1/10th scale decals for a Mp4 22 -24 besides D drive? They did not have everything I need. I am building a HPI Formula 10 anything would be helpful. Also what kind of paint works best on the plastic wings?
kendirect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 05:49 PM   #1949
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendirect View Post
Hi
Does anyone know where else I might be able to find 1/10th scale decals for a Mp4 22 -24 besides D drive? They did not have everything I need. I am building a HPI Formula 10 anything would be helpful. Also what kind of paint works best on the plastic wings?
i have come across these mclaren decals....while not for the mmp 4 22-24, they might be useful, or you could ask if they could do up others.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....=STRK:MEWNX:IT
Team ARGO RC - Like us on Facebook
aussierevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 07:51 PM   #1950
Tech Adept

Jeff, the MLP car you are referring to is the Viper F1 Pro which has a 2-piece main chassis, with the lower piece carrying the battery and the electronics and the raised upper forward chassis carrying the front suspension and front wing just like current real F1 cars with their raised front section. This car has fantastic handling and grip, and we might possibly re-introduce it. But it's nothing compared to the new F1 car we are currently designing that I mentioned previously. It's totally radical!!!

Please be patient as we are proceeding slowly with this project and we want to wait till we are finished with it before we release and further info about it; hopefully before the end of this year.

Thank's for your support.

Dave