R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-30-2010, 03:55 AM   #1636
Tech Master
 
FREAKAH's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 1,389
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808roro View Post
So ya think I should just put my new car under glass? LOL. Maybe after I put a body on it I'll bring it to the track so you guys can check it out. Take it easy Bro.

RoRo
Swell idea!

Bring the car so we can check it out........then put the car under glass.
__________________
Second-Hand Racing
RACE WORLD HAWAII
Losi Type-R |Tamiya F104 PRO | Tamiya F103 | Mugen MTX-4R | AE FT GT2
FREAKAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 01:08 AM   #1637
Tech Elite
 
lightfoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Thousand Oaks
Posts: 3,514
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default UF1 Series

2nd annual Ultimate F1 Series Day...
September 25th Camarillo
ALL F1 DAY...

http://www.charleslightfoot.com/UF1SD.html
__________________
Love and Peace...
lightfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 08:47 AM   #1638
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: N. Ireland, UK
Posts: 49
Default Lipos - one size fits all?

Here's a little question - I'm shopping for lipos for my F1 fleet, and getting one size to fit all is a bit tricky.

I have a new, unbuilt F109, a stock chassis F201 and a 3Racing chassis F201 (prettiest car I've ever seen). They've barely turned a wheel since I acquired them over the past year.

My Trakpower 4900 (the gold brick one) doesn't fit either F201 - the stock chassis needs stick pack shape lipos, and the 3Racing hasn't enough clearance for the centre driveshaft assembly. It may fit the F109.

1. What is the max height lipo without modification the F109 will allow?

2. Are the Trakpower style Corally port style lipos a problem in the F109 in terms of wire access?

3. What battery fits all of these cars? I'm looking Intellect 4000mah 20c or something from the Yeah Racing series. The Turnigy cells from Hobbyking are fantastic value, but will likely not fit the stock F201.
colmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 04:34 PM   #1639
Tech Rookie
 
808roro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by colmo View Post
Here's a little question - I'm shopping for lipos for my F1 fleet, and getting one size to fit all is a bit tricky.

I have a new, unbuilt F109, a stock chassis F201 and a 3Racing chassis F201 (prettiest car I've ever seen). They've barely turned a wheel since I acquired them over the past year.

My Trakpower 4900 (the gold brick one) doesn't fit either F201 - the stock chassis needs stick pack shape lipos, and the 3Racing hasn't enough clearance for the centre driveshaft assembly. It may fit the F109.

1. What is the max height lipo without modification the F109 will allow?

2. Are the Trakpower style Corally port style lipos a problem in the F109 in terms of wire access?

3. What battery fits all of these cars? I'm looking Intellect 4000mah 20c or something from the Yeah Racing series. The Turnigy cells from Hobbyking are fantastic value, but will likely not fit the stock F201.
I use a Reedy 3400 25C Lipo stick pack for my F1 and is the shape and size pretty much like a NIMH batt so I don't think it would be a prob for any of your other cars.
808roro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 09:29 PM   #1640
Tech Champion
 
robk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Posts: 7,404
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

I have gotten 5000s from Thunderpower and Trinity to fit no problem
__________________
A mutually re-enforcing cascade of failure

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 11:19 PM   #1641
Tech Fanatic
 
Taman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: GC, Aust
Posts: 834
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)
Default

Finished off the F60 today

Next on the agenda is the 2010 Red Bull or maybe the Renault, cant decide, but will build both. Biult this one to run it but it looks good just standing still so may build the 109 kit instead and run that....
Attached Thumbnails
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-f60.jpg  
Taman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 05:50 AM   #1642
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Russia
Posts: 49
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_SHUAI View Post
hehe ...check this out
a large number of joints and very small steering arm on front knuckles is the source of backlashes IMHO.
I do not see how to adjust the ackerman...

fix this bugs and you will get the hpi f10 chassis =)
dimka_ff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 06:59 AM   #1643
Tech Champion
 
k_bojar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 6,918
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauber F1 View Post
k_bojar
Would make sense but ... no.

http://www.motorsportretro.com/wp-co...gos_GP_BRA.jpg
interesting.....silly, but interesting
__________________
Bodies By Bean | Team Belly
k_bojar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 10:52 AM   #1644
Tech Apprentice
 
Z_SHUAI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Shanghai. China
Posts: 73
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimka_ff View Post
a large number of joints and very small steering arm on front knuckles is the source of backlashes IMHO.
I do not see how to adjust the ackerman...

fix this bugs and you will get the hpi f10 chassis =)
can u tell me something about F1 Ackerman? I can’t c u really understand that. HPI F10 servo place right at center limits battery arrange-ability, the nose design just high than chassis about 1cm + even no diffuser behind= no aero effect improvements at all.
Z_SHUAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 04:24 PM   #1645
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 160
Exclamation New from Tamiya for the F104

Tamiya will soon be releasing the Lotus 79 for the F104 chassis just as they did with the Wolf WR1

Can't wait for this one! I found it on the Tamiya America site.

"Black Beauty" they called it, and it is judged by most F1 experts as the most beautiful F1 car ever!

Hopefully they will release more late 70's F1 cars in the future.
Attached Thumbnails
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-tamiya-lotus-79.jpg  
Enforcerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 06:51 PM   #1646
Tech Master
 
BadSign's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Franklin, IN
Posts: 1,144
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcerman View Post
Tamiya will soon be releasing the Lotus 79 for the F104 chassis just as they did with the Wolf WR1

Can't wait for this one! I found it on the Tamiya America site.

"Black Beauty" they called it, and it is judged by most F1 experts as the most beautiful F1 car ever!

Hopefully they will release more late 70's F1 cars in the future.
Oh my!
__________________
This is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it- Psalms 118:24

World Champion Turn Marshall
BadSign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 07:09 PM   #1647
Tech Fanatic
 
aussierevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Brisbane Qld
Posts: 865
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcerman View Post
Tamiya will soon be releasing the Lotus 79 for the F104 chassis just as they did with the Wolf WR1

Can't wait for this one! I found it on the Tamiya America site.

"Black Beauty" they called it, and it is judged by most F1 experts as the most beautiful F1 car ever!

Hopefully they will release more late 70's F1 cars in the future.
it will get snapped up quickly....let's hope i can get one

Taman....nice work on the Ferrari.

I ordered a new body and the 2010 Red Bull stickers from D-Drive to do up a Vettel special....just got to decide what paint colour to use for the body.
__________________
Speed Passion F1.
Hobbywing ESC and Motor, SMC Batteries
Meakin Park Club Member
Team ARGO RC - Like us on Facebook
aussierevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 10:13 PM   #1648
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: singapore
Posts: 171
Send a message via ICQ to zattan
Default

i have also order some for the project...
the helmet stickers, red bull and marlboro and tire sticker.
zattan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 12:17 AM   #1649
Tech Adept
 
JD Skyline's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Drachten, County
Posts: 146
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcerman View Post
Tamiya will soon be releasing the Lotus 79 for the F104 chassis just as they did with the Wolf WR1

Can't wait for this one! I found it on the Tamiya America site.

"Black Beauty" they called it, and it is judged by most F1 experts as the most beautiful F1 car ever!

Hopefully they will release more late 70's F1 cars in the future.

You got that right its a beauty!!!! I not only hope that Tamiya will release F1 cars from the 70's but also modern cars like the 2010 Red Bulls, Williams, Mclaren, Renault etc. I know its maybe a bit overdone to ask for every modern F1 car but one or two isn't to much to ask isn't it???????
__________________
JD Skyline
"NO GUTS NO GLORY"

Still lookin.......
http://jdskyline.blogspot.nl
JD Skyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 01:20 AM   #1650
Tech Fanatic
 
Taman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: GC, Aust
Posts: 834
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussierevo View Post
it will get snapped up quickly....let's hope i can get one

Taman....nice work on the Ferrari.

I ordered a new body and the 2010 Red Bull stickers from D-Drive to do up a Vettel special....just got to decide what paint colour to use for the body.
Thanks

A guy on tamiyaclub,com painted his torro rosso using 3 layers of clear blue and then mettalic blue for that deep blue colour. Heres the link ot the page, not all the pics displayed when I looked at it but if you click where the pic should be it will display in a new window.

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_m...=90514&id=3680
Taman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tamiya Championship Series Neil Rabara Racing Forum 20785 Yesterday 07:21 PM
TAMIYA F103 RM energyracing Electric On-Road 2342 01-09-2016 02:15 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:15 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0