Wiki Posts
Search

Xray 009 ?? .... New for the Worlds

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 10:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lochness42
You'll see I think that one new feature is really interesting, but we will see how it affect driving.
Any pics of the axles sliders(I guess that's what there called)? I heard about them, but not have seen any close up pics. Could make the hole CVD blade thing a thing of the past.
Old 10-21-2008, 12:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

You'll see I think that one new feature is really interesting, but we will see how it affect driving.

So how do we get this talent? Is it sold by the hundred, or by the thousand
Old 10-23-2008, 06:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default So when is the worlds

race? When can we expect to see the new car?
Old 10-25-2008, 11:50 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Colorado, USA, The land of the free and the home of the brave!
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skiddins
Having spoken to a few people in the know, they believe there will only be upgrades for the '008 as opposed to a complete car.

Skiddins
Originally Posted by adamge
Drew did explicitly say there won't be a new car. But, on Xray's own forums, which are monitored by at least two Xray employees, more than one person has asked if there will be a 009 kit. No Xray employee has answered.

Maybe even Xray isn't sure at this point. I guess that's why they are testing these new bits instead of announcing a release date.
Originally Posted by ttso
Based on current trend moving toward off-road and sux economy around the world, doing another new car would be very stupid move, on business wise...
Originally Posted by RCknight
TC. What else could they improve on.

In yo face!!

http://www.redrc.net/2008/10/exclusi...y-talks-t2009/
Old 10-25-2008, 02:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If Xray wants to pick a color that's cool. Make it their offical color and every Xray from 009 onwards should be that color but to have multiple colors will be a headache for the racer.
Old 10-25-2008, 02:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

I commend them on constant development and improvements to current cars, but , they've got to draw the line somewhere. A new car every year is getting ridiculous.

Hobby shops won't stock Xray parts, customers wont' buy them for fear of being outdated in a few months AND because of lack of parts support , and it hurts resale on the used cars.

I'd also like to think that someone with a degree in engineering would'nt have to keep refining they're products every few months. For example, take AE's B4 and T4 line of cars, nearly a 5 yr old design and still as good as when it first came out.
Old 10-25-2008, 03:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

The Xray line of cars are designed for the highest form of competition, and most drivers who compete at high-end events all year round will nearly always refresh their kit annually anyway, as all cars get a little worn and tired no matter how many parts you replace. For this reason I personally don't see a problem with a new kit every year, especially with the ongoing improvements.

Also, as an engineering student and general fan of motorsport, I can tell you that there are always ways to improve a design and go faster, engineering degree or not. Thats the art of engineering and the reason why Xray are such a strong team...they are constantly developing and finding those extra tenths.

And anyway, if you gave Xray the B4 design and allowed them to develop and refine over a period of time, I bet they could make it go faster. Its called development.
Old 10-25-2008, 03:33 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Colorado, USA, The land of the free and the home of the brave!
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Pocknell
The Xray line of cars are designed for the highest form of competition, and most drivers who compete at high-end events all year round will nearly always refresh their kit annually anyway, as all cars get a little worn and tired no matter how many parts you replace. For this reason I personally don't see a problem with a new kit every year, especially with the ongoing improvements.

Also, as an engineering student and general fan of motorsport, I can tell you that there are always ways to improve a design and go faster, engineering degree or not. Thats the art of engineering and the reason why Xray are such a strong team...they are constantly developing and finding those extra tenths.

And anyway, if you gave Xray the B4 design and allowed them to develop and refine over a period of time, I bet they could make it go faster. Its called development.

+1, the b4 is far from perfect, but associated left it at "good enough," xray goes beyond "good enough", and they try to perfect everything.
Old 10-25-2008, 04:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Article has been pulled from Redrc. Wonder what that means?

Old 10-25-2008, 05:15 PM
Tech Master

Blue Car works Great so far
They Should do something Before it's too late
new drive shaft axles ,lightweight ones are 15 pounds!
Upgrade kit should be cost around what TC5 costs LOL so new Car idea sounds better ...
Old 10-25-2008, 07:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Hey, I'm all for constant improvement, and if you hadn't noticed , there's a good reason why I have "xray" in my username.

I'll agree that no matter what design one has, it can always be improved.

On the other hand.

Hobby shops won't stock Xray parts and buyers will think twice before spending good money on a car that will be dated in a matter of months. Lack of parts support is a good enough reason to not buy something.

I"m a fan of Xray quality but I"m not a fan of ever changing product lines.
Old 10-25-2008, 08:06 PM
Tech Regular

I'm glad to see Xray design a car somewhat around a lipo battery. Hopefully IFMAR will soon allow lipos and more companies will make more cars designed around lipo/brushless combinations
Old 10-25-2008, 09:10 PM
Tech Adept

Hola todos,

I would just add that I'm pretty sure the T2009 will not be a 100% new car and the part compatibility with the current '08 version would reach 90%.
Then racers will have the choice between buying a complete fresh kit or just updating their current chassis with the most interesting '09 parts for them.

Do you think that people at Xray are that stupid, they also know how to manage the market success of their products. Stock and support for hobbyshops have never been an issue so far. Am I wrong?

Keep cool.
Slide
Old 10-26-2008, 12:37 AM
Tech Addict

Yes, xray makes car too often , but when i read the interview it said that the car would have some violet but whats also good is that they made a car wich will be lipo compatible .
They should make a car once every 2 years , for each worlds because the customers would think that there car is out of date , the LHS wouldnt carry so many parts ....
Old 10-26-2008, 07:09 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

For me I would like to see some alloy shocks as standard. When I ran my 08 I hated the plastic shock that leaked too often. The rest of the car was superb but the shocks just drove me nuts!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.