ATTENTION OLD GUYS
In light of the current "The Future of 1/12 Scale" thread I was tempted to call this one "The Past of 1/12 Scale"
I recently roped my buddy Miles back into R/C racing after a 20-year hiatus by loaning him one of my VTA cars which he promptly cleaned my clock with his first time out. He went home and dug out the RC12L he raced at the worlds in the Netherlands in '88 and hasn't touched since. We want to resurrect this thing on the cheap for some fun club racing (19T 4-cell) and I need a little help, mostly with wheels and tires.
DISCLAIMER: I don't race 1/12 scale (yet) so I don't even know the basics. For all I know RC12R5 wheels and tires will bolt right on to this thing.
The front wheels are on with E-clips. The rears are 2-hole.
Here's the plan:
1) disassemble and clean everything
2) rebuild diff
3) add Orion Method R SV2 19X2 I have laying around
4) add cheapo Dynamite Tazer 15T ESC I have laying around
5) add rx/tx I took out of my Slash
6) take apart some EP4600 6-cell packs I have laying around to make 4-cell saddle packs
7) solder new plug onto the steering servo
My main questions:
1) Will this ancient Futaba FP-S148 servo work just with a simple plug change?
2) What do I do about wheels and tires?
3) What's the best body to run that will fit?