Search

Brushless motor thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2003, 04:51 PM
Tech Adept

Default Brushless motor thread

Well its time we stopped highjacking the brushed guys threads so here we go
Lets talk about our setups and shoot the breeze

I have the novak ss in my xxx-s and its running great but im starting to look towards a very high power model like a lehner 5t 1920 motor with the new hacker speedo!
Old 09-23-2003, 07:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Hey Bud,
this was probably a good idea. I know there is a thread specifically for the Novak SS but I think this is the only one where we can talk about ALL the BL makers.
Old 09-23-2003, 08:12 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Evoracer
Hey Bud,
this was probably a good idea. I know there is a thread specifically for the Novak SS but I think this is the only one where we can talk about ALL the BL makers.
Yup that what i was aiming for
Old 09-23-2003, 08:19 PM
Tech Adept

Just to get things started for the people that havent seen it yet
its the upcomong hacker speedo
thanks to Mr.constructor over at RCCA for the pics

By Mr. constructor small review its seems that Hacker has made a sensorless controller with ZERO cogging!
Thats one major step!
(The white box in the pic represents the size of the old hacker car controller)
Attached Thumbnails Brushless motor thread-new-jeti-esc-1-.jpg  
Old 09-23-2003, 11:11 PM
Tech Adept

looks a little on the big side, but its an improvement!
Old 09-24-2003, 11:02 AM
Tech Initiate

I think the big issue for the future of BL will be sensored or sensorless. It is hard to argue with the power of the Hacker, but it is also is also hard to argue with responsiveness of the Novak (not to mention price). I persoanlly agree with the old addage "power is nothing without control" -- at least for racing applications.

I also think the sensored variant may have a brighter future as it seems to give the ESC makers much more information to use/manipulate. The more info the ESC has, the better it can control the motor. Then I could see getting into adjustable throttle curves and that sort of thing in the future. At least that is my impression -- am I way off base here?

I also think it is good news Novak is releasing the "stock" version BL motor as it starts to show the potential for spec-class racing (ala 19t, etc.). Once the industry figures out spec motors that are "police-able" and a standardization for ESCs -- then I think BL will really have a strong foothold. It is going to take a while to get there though.
Old 09-24-2003, 11:24 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Believe me, if you want power, just wait until you see what Novak has coming out. They have been testing a new setup for a while now, it's the first thing that I've ever seen out motor Kinwald on the straight.
Old 09-24-2003, 12:53 PM
Tech Adept

If i undestand correctly sensorless does have sensors but there in the ESc allowing for more space inside the motor for more winding(i think thats the general theory)so a sensorless is not running blind BUT it has to do more computational calculation in order to "read" the position of the motor.
The novak has incredible throttle control as for determining the future of BL, mmmmm thats a tough one! imo sensored will be the way to go for the immediate future BUT sensorless is catching up real fast!
Seems that Hacker has already done away with cogging issue in there next-gen speedos!
Anyway the ball turns it still very existing watching a new technology progress and get better!

Randman: Very interesting news!
Old 09-24-2003, 01:01 PM
Tech Rookie

Does anyone know how well these brushless motors hold up to crashes or vibration? Like if its used on an RC12, will the solid axle jerk it a little rough?
Old 09-24-2003, 01:35 PM
Tech Adept

I have used the novak in 2wd Off-road with no issue concerning reliability!
Their pretty tough you only have to be careful about the rotor which have neo magnets and are brittle so be gentle when disassembling the motor(not like youre going to be doing that very often)
Old 09-24-2003, 04:42 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by Randman
Believe me, if you want power, just wait until you see what Novak has coming out. They have been testing a new setup for a while now, it's the first thing that I've ever seen out motor Kinwald on the straight.
Randman, you don't by chance know if it uses the "old" ESC, do you?
Old 09-24-2003, 06:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Randman
WHERE AND WHEN CAN I GET ONE???? Its time to take the Evo III SL to the next Level

Steevo
Old 09-26-2003, 12:22 PM
The Evicerator

hehe to the top
Old 09-26-2003, 12:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Randy, I think I know what you're talking about. "A guy" was at So Cal last time I was there running it. OMG!! Made Patricks 7 turn look slow. Passed him in the straight.
Old 09-26-2003, 01:23 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by jkerr0043
Randy, I think I know what you're talking about. "A guy" was at So Cal last time I was there running it. OMG!! Made Patricks 7 turn look slow. Passed him in the straight.
i hate you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.