Brushless motor thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Brushless motor thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2003, 07:08 AM
Tech Regular

Mike Mayberry was running our stuff (Castle Creations) as a part of our beta testing. I think we only got the esc out to him a day or two before he raced.

ALL hobby brushless systems were sensored systems until about 2 years or so ago. In the airplane/boat/helicopter world, 99% of what's being sold and used now is sensorless.

Shawn Palmer
Castle Creations
[email protected]
Old 10-02-2003, 08:42 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Evoracer
Did anybody see the new issue of RC Car Action !!! Shawns' company,Castle Creations has a full page ad about the new BL system for Micros !!! And the revolution gains momentum !!
Anyone know anything about it? Size? Performance? Cost? I can't find any info on the castlecreations website about it
Old 10-02-2003, 09:17 AM
Tech Master

Hello, I'm not trying to say that you're wrong, but your earlier statements are not entirely accurate.

Sensor technology is just as "Flexible" as you put it as a sensorless. For a car or truck application, when you need low speed drive-ability sensor technology is FAR superior. Sensorless motor and ESCs never offer the same type of low speed performance. Our engineers use active timing in our ESC for Reverse now, it's just a matter of time before we have it fully operational. Our ESC's will offer all the progamibility racers want.

I'm not trying to call you out, it's just that, statements like that lead to a lot of misunderstanding if it is not corrected.

Thanks,
Charlie
Old 10-02-2003, 09:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by Randman
Believe me, if you want power, just wait until you see what Novak has coming out. They have been testing a new setup for a while now, it's the first thing that I've ever seen out motor Kinwald on the straight.
Lol...I thought we were supposed to keep what Evic's doing on the DL. In any event, it's a missle.

Sure there "might" be something faster than what Novak has but it's all about throttle response and how it feels when you pull the trigger.
Old 10-02-2003, 09:35 AM
Tech Adept

Charlie - Rumor has it that there is going to be a brushless class at the Novak race this January in Milwaukee. Thats the easy half to believe since it is the Novak race, but the other part of the rumor is that the brushless class will be handout motors?! Are either parts of this tidbit of info true?
Old 10-02-2003, 10:22 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by Shawn Palmer
Mike Mayberry was running our stuff (Castle Creations) as a part of our beta testing. I think we only got the esc out to him a day or two before he raced.

ALL hobby brushless systems were sensored systems until about 2 years or so ago. In the airplane/boat/helicopter world, 99% of what's being sold and used now is sensorless.

Shawn Palmer
Castle Creations
[email protected]
It had a lot of power Shawn, I would have liked to see it driven by Mike or Orlando, they do a good job of puttin the power to the ground.

BTW, your name is very familiar, did you happen to work at DHW a few years ago?
Old 10-02-2003, 01:17 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Shawn Palmer

Shawn Palmer
Castle Creations
[email protected]
So you have a car ESC coming out?
Old 10-02-2003, 01:33 PM

how does the hacker brushless compare to the novak?
Old 10-02-2003, 07:47 PM
Tech Master

Imagine a Xray 1/18th micro with the brushless for the micros. Wicked
Old 10-03-2003, 04:47 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Calvin Ng
how does the hacker brushless compare to the novak?
the hacker will be much stronger but not as smooth as the novak so it depends on your application(racing or crazy speed runs)
Also the hacker speedos are much bigger then the novak that could cause fitting problems in cars like the xxx-s(hacker has a new speedo coming out that is smaller then the current master car controller check the pics at the begining of the thread)
Old 10-03-2003, 11:40 AM
Tech Initiate

I figure that you guys may be interested in my Brushless RC10L3 for sale:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...threadid=25304

email: [email protected]

-DC
Old 10-03-2003, 01:20 PM
Tech Regular

Cracker,
It's not quite released yet, we're looking around $170 list for controller and motor.
Controller will be approx 1.3"x1"x.3" and around .7oz

Specs on the motor are not released yet, but there will be three winds available to match up w/cell count and expected performance.

Hi Charlie!

Lively discourse about current technology only serves to educate the consumer base - no "calling out" taken!
I'll accept your statement with one addition to it: "in low speed dive-ability, sensored technology {HAS BEEN} far superior." Sensorless is all about the software, and computing horsepower onboard the controller for back emf detection, and ability to use it to drive the motor. We've developed software that (we beleive) is just as good as the best sensored systems - the racers here and across the country will validate that, or we'll be laughed out of the car market - one or the other.

Active timing is a good thing for you, but sensorless systems still have a very clear advantage of regulating timing through torque, current, and rpm changes PER COMMUTATION that even the very best sensored system simply cannot do - otherwise they'd be sensorless systems. The end result being better efficiency (more power, cooler motor and controller, and longer runtime).

Are you booked up for dinners in Las Vegas? I assume you'll be at the show - I'd like to meet you and shoot the poo if you'll be there.

Randman,
I don't know what DHW is - so I suppose not! LOL

Crono Man,
Yes - early Nov.

Shawn Palmer
Castle Creations
[email protected]
Old 10-03-2003, 04:23 PM
Tech Adept

Shawn

Really glad to hear about another company getting into the car BL biz!!
Old 10-03-2003, 04:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Cracker- yes there will be a class and im signing up for it. Rubb tires and mod, can u say fun chad??
Old 10-10-2003, 08:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Hey Charlie, I'm having some issues with my brushless. Check your email at work.
Thanks in advance.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.