a Xray T1 Evo 2
which one whould you pick could any one help me out with this
need to know soon so i can pick one or the other to buy in the for sale fourm
TheRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 05:29 AM   #2
Tech Legend
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Both are nice cars. It is really up to you on which one you like better. I personally like the Yoke SD. I don't care to run saddle packs and I like the layout of the SD. I Xray is pretty trick and we have a few guys that have them. Just go for the one you like best and go from their. Both cars are top notch and can win anytime.
Castle Creations (Since 2005)
Bumps & Jumps RC (One of the best racing facilities around)
ST Racing Concepts (STRC) Great aluminum upgrades for many brands.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around). Too many titles to list
Shout out to: Sticky Kicks, CR Graphics and Race Ready Products
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 05:33 AM   #3
Tech Addict

so how does the yokomo sd go up agaisnt the xray
when you have to race much better hanlding or much better speed like that
Old 09-22-2003, 06:02 AM   #4
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

At our local track there are 2 SDs and a couple EVO-2s. Both cars are capable and fast. It all comes down to your preference. Shaft or belt.

If you are buying from the forums I would definetly go for the one that gives you more bang for the buck. Ex. more option parts, more spare parts etc...

CRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 06:08 AM   #5
Regional Moderator
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I currently have both and would say the xray is much better in the durability department...

Both are fast, and very easy to tune...as long as you can get parts.

My SD is difficult to get parts for...

My nod goes to the evo 2 because of how bulletproof it is...

you asked for it.... .02
I am watching.....always watching....
kansasracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 06:31 AM   #6
Tech Elite

If I was looking specifically to buy a belt driven touring car, I'd buy the Xray knowing that it was by far the best engineered car available with the most comprehensive array of option parts. However, I happen to firmly believe that shaft driven cars are more free and therefore quicker. I have owned various touring cars - Axis,TC3s etc and most recently the Yok SD SSG Special touring car - the SD is by far the best as regards specification and ease of maintenence etc. The fact that it is just as quick as the TC3 but easier to drive pretty much wraps it up. I can race faster with an SD than an Xray (or anything else for that matter;-). Your call.................
Horatio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 04:40 PM   #7
Tech Addict

well i migth try the sd see has it go i all way could trade it off later dwon the track for a xray if i dont like it
Old 09-23-2003, 08:04 AM   #8
Tech Elite

Don't forget about parts support. Eventually you will need to purchase spare or extra parts for the car. It's pointless having a car if your LHS doesn't carry spares or hop ups. There is always online, but you then cut out the shop owner.
Neil Rabara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 08:12 AM   #9
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

None of my local shops carry SD parts so I'm forced to just be sure I keep an assortment of spares around...

So far I'm happy with my SD, the chassis is a bit tight in reguards to electronics placement but it's a pleasure to work on... I can get most parts out with no more than 4 screws...

My SD is one of 7 electric vehicles I have, I like being able to keep my batteries all in 6 cell packs so I can use them in everything... I have a few issues with my RC10T and my TTR motorcycle and they can only use stick packs and not side by side... So, I have a few 3300 sticks, oh well...
vtl1180ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 09:04 AM   #10
Tech Elite

That's a little harsh I believe. Only buying the car that your local hobby store stocks pretty much rules out everything besides Nikko 'toy' trucks where I live!! It's commendable that you encourage people to always use their local hobby store, though a little un-realistic - depending on where you live.

As a consumer, I want to buy the best quality, highest performance, most reliable and coolest touring car around. I research, compare specs and finally compare prices. I shortlist the possible choices, until finally I pick a winner. Then I visit my local hobby store only to find that Mr local retailer doesn't have an account with the distributor for my chosen car. What do I do? Compromise my standards? I don't think so - I go on the net, or I look through the pages of my country's Radio Controlled Car Magazines and buy my chosen car by mail order - including the bit's that I'm likely to break. If the shops don't stock what we want - they loose out, not us. I buy model cars to race, not to 'line the pockets' of my local retailers.

The Raven: You pick the car that YOU want, not the car that is stocked at your local shop. Just be prepared to spend a little extra on spares if you have to order them by mail and have them shipped etc. All the cars you have mentioned are great - they're all winners. I never broke a single part on my TC3 in nearly 3 years of racing - sure parts got worn & replaced, but never broke. The Yok SD looks pretty 'burly' to me and very well made - there's no way it should break if being driven in the way it was intended. Xrays are very well made too. If you're one for crashing alot (which I'm sure you're not!) buy a plastic/composite car that bends on impact, rather than breaking.
Horatio is offline   Reply With Quote