Wiki Posts
Search

what's the best stock brushed motor

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 12:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default what's the best stock brushed motor

I would like to buy a good stock brushed motor but I know nothing about them. what is the best one out there now. what is a good starting gear ratio for a sedan. what are the best brush and spring combo.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

A good brushed stock motor would have to be the C027 from trinity or fantom or whatever (i think they are all the same, just re badged?).
I found the F brush worked very well and i just used the motor springs that came with the motor.

A good gear ratio to start with would be around 6.3

Hope that helps
Old 10-10-2008, 12:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

thank you
Old 10-10-2008, 07:09 AM
Tech Champion

I've always been a fan of the monster based stock motors. They seem to have good pull and they don't seem to be lacking in speed either.

Some motors will have good rpm, some will have more torque. The monstor based motors have more torque. Good for smaller,twistier tracks.

For a track with flowing corners the motors with more rpm may fair better, as once they are up to speed they have the edge on speed, but they lack low down power.

If you like a brush that lasts a long time, I've used the trinity xxx brushes. You need to use them with a fresh motor though, or they will not sit onto the comm unless they are run in for a long time.

Give the comm a light skim once a meeting and they are fine I don't tend to change the springs often, usually the stock ones suffice for me.