Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Diggity Designs NEW 5300 mAh 28C Hard Cased Lipo >

Diggity Designs NEW 5300 mAh 28C Hard Cased Lipo

Diggity Designs NEW 5300 mAh 28C Hard Cased Lipo

Old 10-13-2008, 11:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Wow thats cheap now! LOL you had me on the ropes last night with almost a purchase at the last price! Now you might have put me over the edge for 2! Thats a damn good price! It was either this or the new SMC 5000. Quick quetion though who makes the cells in your lipos?
Old 10-13-2008, 11:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dennyboy424
Wow thats cheap now! LOL you had me on the ropes last night with almost a purchase at the last price! Now you might have put me over the edge for 2! Thats a damn good price! It was either this or the new SMC 5000. Quick quetion though who makes the cells in your lipos?
LOL.. yeah, it was a hard decision but I think its the right one.. These batteries are really good and I want them to get out to the racers

I cant tell you exactly who makes them for reasons that I dont want other companies to find out, but I can tell you they are from China (like all of them lol) but they are from the same manufacturer that LRP is getting them from
Old 10-14-2008, 12:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

BTW: I also want to mention that throughout our research for a good lipo, we found that a bunch of companies over in China offer the same hard cases, that is why you see allot of the same, but the inside batteries are made at many different sources over there.. I purchased a couple sample packs from about 4 different companies and we found that the packs we are offering were the best performers on the track and on the bench, it was very close between a couple of them though!

Damon

Last edited by Diggity; 10-14-2008 at 08:28 PM.
Old 10-14-2008, 12:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

LOL well I know who that is! Thats who I was hoping so yes Ill be picking up a few very soon! I have trakpower 4900's now and would love to see how these compare!
Old 10-14-2008, 02:20 AM
Tech Addict

Very nice price indeed.I wish i could buy a couple of them :-(
Old 10-14-2008, 12:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Born2Run
Very nice price indeed.I wish i could buy a couple of them :-(
LOL.. Well off some stuff on Ebay, including your old packs, then maybe you can get a couple
Old 10-14-2008, 01:51 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Diggity
BTW: I also want to mention that throughout our research for a good lipo, we found that a bunch of companies over in China offer the same hard cases, that is why you see allot of the same, but the inside batteries are made at many different sources over there.. I purchased a couple sample packs from about 4 different companies including the same company as SMC gets theirs from and we found that the packs we are offering were the best performers on the track and on the bench, it was very close between a couple of them though!

Damon

You should check your facts before posting that you got packs from our supplier as I can guarantee that our supplier will not sell our Lipos to anyone else.

You can promote your packs as being good and that makes sense but to post information that is not true is really poor business practice.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Danny/SMC
You should check your facts before posting that you got packs from our supplier as I can guarantee that our supplier will not sell our Lipos to anyone else.

You can promote your packs as being good and that makes sense but to post information that is not true is really poor business practice.
Hey Danny,

First of all, I am not trying to say anything bad about SMC because I respect you and your company and have ran for you in the past. The truth is, whether you know it or not, your supplier has contacted me several times stateing that they OEM for SMC. If you want me to confirm this, pm or email me and I can send you their emails!! I am not posting anything that isnt a fact..

Damon
Old 10-14-2008, 07:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Some guarantees are worth nil, I guess
Old 10-14-2008, 07:45 PM
Tech Regular

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Diggity
Ok, first of all I want to say that we are not going to cycle any of the batteries that we sell, we do not think thats its needed and we do not think that as a consumer you want your packs messed with. For our testing we used 4 packs that are for shop use only. We also want to say that we only cycled them at 30 amp discharge rate because we do not believe that discharging them at a higher rate is good for the battery... One more thing, from previous tests with other Lipo's and some testing with the 5300 mAh lipo batteries, the #'s only get better and better as we cycled them 3-4 times! These #'s that I am posting are from the first and only cycle.... They are the average from 4 packs!

Here are the average #'s based on cycling 4 of the 5300's at a 5.3 amp charge rate and a 30 amp discharge rate.

Run Time: 620 - 635 seconds
Average Discharge Voltage: 7.21 - 7.33 or if you want to compare to NiMH's (1.20 - 1.22). Voltage will only go up from here as they did when we cycled them for the 3rd and 4th time.
Internal Resistance: 10.2 - 7.7 or if you want to compare to NiMH's (1.7 - 1.3). Internals will only go down from here as they did when we cycled them for the 3rd and 4th time.
Capacity: 5210 - 5302 mAh

#'s will vary on different Competition Equiptment. The Charger we used was just recently send in to Competition to get the LiPO update and re-calibration. We DO NOT mess with our chargers as some other companies will and do!!!!

One last thing you have to remember, LiPO's are rated differently than NiMH's because you can never bring a LiPO pack all the way down to 0 to get a full charge or discharge rating from them! This is something allot of people do not know.

Damon

bad idea...i think smc has set the standard for cycling there packs once and posting the numbers on there packs....

every nimh cell i bought was fooled with by someone ...and the numbers were put on little labels for me to decide what pack i wanted to buy..

mod guys wanted run time
stock guys wanted low IR and voltage

call me crazy but..youwon't post 35 amp gfx numbers because they don't hold up to the competitions......cough smc cough

man up and cycle one of your packs without heating it up and post the 35 amp numbers..this way we can all decide just how good your cells realy are....

you realy don't want someone to buy your pack and take it home...only to find out it is a lesser battery when comapred to smc or anyone else for that matter...

1 cycle on a lipo pack at 35 amps with a 30c rating is not going to do a damn thing to the pack or it's cycle life...besides i don't want to buy a lipo pack that doesn't have any teeth.......

cycle the pack once...post the numbers and let that be the avg 35 amp numbers.....

end of the fuss..
Old 10-14-2008, 07:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by MOTHER FOCAR
bad idea...i think smc has set the standard for cycling there packs once and posting the numbers on there packs....

every nimh cell i bought was fooled with by someone ...and the numbers were put on little labels for me to decide what pack i wanted to buy..

mod guys wanted run time
stock guys wanted low IR and voltage

call me crazy but..youwon't post 35 amp gfx numbers because they don't hold up to the competitions......cough smc cough

man up and cycle one of your packs without heating it up and post the 35 amp numbers..this way we can all decide just how good your cells realy are....

you realy don't want someone to buy your pack and take it home...only to find out it is a lesser battery when comapred to smc or anyone else for that matter...

1 cycle on a lipo pack at 35 amps with a 30c rating is not going to do a damn thing to the pack or it's cycle life...besides i don't want to buy a lipo pack that doesn't have any teeth.......

cycle the pack once...post the numbers and let that be the avg 35 amp numbers.....

end of the fuss..
I dont use RC Tech to bash on anyone, this crap is getting old... Everytime I introduce a product and state facts and work with people I get A-holes that come on just to start some BS... with a name like mother focar, go figure

SMC is not my only competitor, there are many companies out there now that are offering a 5000 to 5300 mAh pack.. I have no beef with SMC!!!

I dont care what you say, cycling lipo batteries is not good for them.

Tell you what, I will go cycle one of my packs at 35 and post some #'s just for you big guy!!

Damon
Old 10-14-2008, 07:56 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayBee
Some guarantees are worth nil, I guess
I would highly doubt that SMC's true supplier has contacted him although someone posing as them may have. I bet I have a half dozen emails from different companies saying they are the "OEM for SMC". None of them are though.

I would guess that he got one of these emails like every other manufacture out there but they are not quite true.

EA
Old 10-14-2008, 08:04 PM
Tech Regular

thank you damon

hey EA how does damon know i'm a big guy? lol

and i got an email just yesterday about some guy in iraq with 40 million dollars and i can have half if i send him 30.000 dollars via western union to help pay for the banking costs...should i do it?

look if smc wasn't your main competion you would never have mentioned there name on your thread...but now that you opened the can you can't put it back on..

i'm thinking you should have mentioned yeah racing and work your way up the ladder

does a screen name realy decide if a post is asking a legit question or not?

do you need me to fill out a back ground check or something in order to post a lipo packs 35 amp discharge numbers?

nice deflection damon...his screen name tells me that he does not have a valid question? sheesh

my screen name tells you that i'm a consumer and maybe a customer...
not the best way to run a business but hey maybe my money isn't green?
Old 10-14-2008, 08:10 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I would like to thank Damon for sending me the email from the Chinese Lipo manufacturer claiming that they do our cells when in fact they don't. This seems to be normal business practice from Chinese cell manufacturers.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by MOTHER FOCAR
thank you damon

hey EA how does damon know i'm a big guy? lol

and i got an email just yesterday about some guy in iraq with 40 million dollars and i can have half if i send him 30.000 dollars via western union to help pay for the banking costs...should i do it?

look if smc wasn't your main competion you would never have mentioned there name on your thread...but now that you opened the can you can't put it back on..

i'm thinking you should have mentioned yeah racing and work your way up the ladder

does a screen name realy decide if a post is asking a legit question or not?

do you need me to fill out a back ground check or something in order to post a lipo packs 35 amp discharge numbers?

nice deflection damon...his screen name tells me that he does not have a valid question? sheesh

my screen name tells you that i'm a consumer and maybe a customer...
not the best way to run a business but hey maybe my money isn't green?

Man, Im just sayin bro... Ive had bad problems in the past with a ton of haters.. Im only tryin to promote some good batteries..

Cycling right now at 35 amps...

I only said that there are allot of competitors out there now!! Your right though, I would have to say that I figured SMC was my largest competitor and that in only true, Danny knows me and I know Danny and I have to say that we have no beef amongst eachother! I just forwarded some info to him, so we will see whats up, either someone in China posing or someone in China is in Big trouble..

Damon

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.