Community
Wiki Posts
Search

R/C Television Show on the DIY channel

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2003, 02:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default R/C Television Show on the DIY channel

Does anyone know when the R/C television show on the DIY "Do It Yourself" channel comes on? I checked the schedule on DIYNET.com and it says it's coming on tonight at 8:30PM, however when I scroll through my DirecTV guide it says tonight at 8:30PM is "Weekend Handyman" whatever that is!

I guess i'll just have to tune in and see if it's on or not.

Last edited by Accord; 09-18-2003 at 02:55 PM.
Old 09-18-2003, 09:01 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: R/C Television Show on the DIY channel

Originally posted by Accord
Does anyone know when the R/C television show on the DIY "Do It Yourself" channel comes on? I checked the schedule on DIYNET.com and it says it's coming on tonight at 8:30PM, however when I scroll through my DirecTV guide it says tonight at 8:30PM is "Weekend Handyman" whatever that is!

I guess i'll just have to tune in and see if it's on or not.
you watch that! I have seen it a couple times and I thought it was pure comedy. never laffed so hard in my life. but I guess it has its way of getting the newbie interested
Old 09-18-2003, 09:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Tonight was the first time I ever saw "Radio Control Hobbies" and it wasn't about anything R/C related at all! It was about model trains, the *real* radio control models were being used as background decoration .

The show is pretty good, but if you're a serious racer then I really don't think you'll enjoy the show.

Last edited by Accord; 09-18-2003 at 09:30 PM.
Old 09-18-2003, 09:15 PM

anyone know what channel it is on bell expree vu???

seems like a good show
Old 09-18-2003, 09:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Calvin Ng
anyone know what channel it is on bell expree vu???

seems like a good show
Go here for more info on it: http://www.diynet.com/DIY/show/0,1329,RCH_EST,FF.html
Old 09-18-2003, 09:43 PM
R/C Tech Founder

There is also Inside R/C on the Outdoor Life Network. Check it out at www.insiderc.com. They have a new show every week, beginning 9/29/03.
Old 09-18-2003, 10:19 PM
Tech Adept

They should do a show geared toward racers, not newbies, not train guys, and hobbyist. Do you know what will get people in to this sport, race coverage. Going to big races talking to the pros(no lame questions like "how did you get to where you are today" You get the same lame answer "practice") ask them how they are doing that weekend, if they are doing good or bad why or why not. Flim the quals and the mains make a highlight reel, and devote more than 5 mintues to the segment, do a whole 30 mins on one race. Go to local tracks talk to the racers showcase the track. I'm rambling now. My point is if you are going to promote the sport(note I call it a sport not a hobby) show people what they want to see(hardcore nudity) Action.

Lets face it not all of us aren't lucky enough to live in Southern Califorina and get to watch Brian Kinwald, Barry Baker, and a host of other pros race each other at Socal. Racers want to see other racers race, they want to see what other people are doing to thier cars, why do you think this and other forums are so pop.
Old 09-19-2003, 10:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

I just checked out the schedule on "Inside R/C." Episode 1 they are covering the Proline Cactus Classic with pre-race interviews. Episodes 2 and 3 are just lame and have to deal with robots and planes, episode 4 covers "GASCAR" whatever that is, episode 5 covers the "T-Maxx Freaks Monster Truck Bashathon" , episode 6 covers the Reedy Touring Car Race of Champions (YAY! ), episode 7 through 9 are about boats, planes, and helicopters, and episode 10 through 13 are worthless again.

So the only episodes you should watch are 1 and 6 .

Last edited by Accord; 09-19-2003 at 11:30 AM.
Old 09-19-2003, 10:46 AM
Tech Regular

just can't justify an extra $5/month to cable company for DIY channel.
Old 09-19-2003, 11:25 AM
R/C Tech Founder

It sounds like Inside R/C has some real race coverage going on, which is good.

The idea of "we want a TV show just for racers" is incredibly unrealistic. Look at where the majority of the dollars in the hobby are spent: RTR kits and monster trucks. It's easy to hold ourselves up and say we deserve that, and I'm not disputing that it would be a neat thing, but it's just not realistic.

Go into most any hobby shop and they will tell you that 50% or more of their R/C sales are to people who want a RTR kit or just want to bash around in their backyard or a parking lot.
Old 09-19-2003, 12:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

At this year's Reedy Race there was a lot of video coverage from one of those shows. It'll be interesting to see how it pans out. Unfortunately, OLN is no longer a standard channel on our network...but 15 channels of spanish is, go figure Episode 6 looks like it'll be worth recording.
Old 09-19-2003, 03:46 PM

Originally posted by futureal
There is also Inside R/C on the Outdoor Life Network. Check it out at www.insiderc.com. They have a new show every week, beginning 9/29/03.
www.insiderc.com isnt work
Old 09-19-2003, 03:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Calvin Ng
www.insiderc.com isnt work
Yes it does, click on the link you posted .

The one futureal posted had a period right after it which messed up the link, but the one you posted works.
Old 09-19-2003, 03:55 PM

lol fixed it myself

thanx
Old 09-19-2003, 07:12 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

My brother had a show On DYI..met Chris..told me I should be doing the show....I've seen the show...I agree....

we'd see some serious ......well,you know

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.