Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
2009 Electric On Road ROAR Nationals at Hobbytown USA "The Coliseum" >

2009 Electric On Road ROAR Nationals at Hobbytown USA "The Coliseum"

2009 Electric On Road ROAR Nationals at Hobbytown USA "The Coliseum"

Old 10-06-2009, 04:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The Best Video of the Nats

Wow! Robbie took the Super Stock A2 win and for the championship with over 3 minutes of Josh Cyrul of his bumper.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Super Stock TC A1
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

MOD TC A1
+ YouTube Video

Stock TC A2
Austin Vacek from P6 to 2nd

+ YouTube Video
Old 10-06-2009, 05:02 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Boy I wish the Live camera could do that! Thanks for sharing.
Old 10-06-2009, 06:08 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

What sportsman ship driving from Josh as he could of taking Robbie out anytime. What a display of driving talent from Robbie and Josh. Josh has the his site on Robbie in alot ot turns but showed great restaint in not giving his the boot. Robbie also showed restraint in not stuffing Josh when he could of also. That is what sportsman ship is all about right their.

Team B&B great videos.
Old 10-06-2009, 07:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Congrats to Robbie, Paul and all the winners for a great race and to the ROAR crew for running a good, fair race and I think most importantly sticking to their guns with the rules that they set in place.

The turn out was a little light but I really don't think the class winners would have ended up any different if more people showed up as all these racers had their stuff together this weekend. I was more dissapointed not to see attendance in the 1/12 and WGT classes but that's pretty normal as CRC, Speed Merchant and many others don't really support the Asphalt Nationals like they will the indoor carpet races (this isn't meant to be shot at them, just stating fact). For me, this is a shame as the WC is usually on asphalt and really we need more race experience on asphalt to improve our asphalt racing skills. Also, with the teams/drivers these companies bring then it generates more interest from other racers/companies to compete which fills up the classes.

Again, great job by the the Hobby Town staff and ROAR for a great event!
Old 10-06-2009, 08:47 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Professionalism

Originally Posted by ShaunMac
+1

That's not a very good attitude for a rep to display at all.

Congrats to all the winners at the Nats. Don't let a few poor sports sour your experience.
+1 again.
From a newbie perspective it looks like the racers worked hard to achieve victory. They should be congratulated not ridiculed. Maybe the negative attitudes are what's causing the low TC count some have mentioned in previous posts. How is anyone like me going to start and then move up the racing levels with the bad attitudes displayed here. I'm sure local spec racing will be fun once I get started, but it looks like it's as far as the FUN racing goes. Too bad. I hope I'm wrong.
Old 10-06-2009, 09:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (94%+)

Originally Posted by charlie_b
Hmm...for a representative of both TOP and Epic, that is a very CLASSLESS thing to say. The racers who made it to the A-Main deserved to be there. They EARNED it. So what if other pros did not make it..their loss. It is so easy to blame and point fingers, but as it stands, this IS a Roar national event and the ones who won are ROAR National Champions. Don't hate. It's a shame a company representative is less than professional on this matter and has to post this for the world to see. I really hope this isn't a representation of the companies you race for...cuz if it is, im NOT a fan.
no i was speaking on my own behalf and im allowed. last time i checked it was america
i race at the track and i see alot of locals is that fiction not at all. the fact that roar has done a subpar job of promoting there races is that false. again i dont think so asa former roar menebr i think hey why doesnt scotty eranst charge me 30 a year he puts on one of the greatewst promoted races in the history of rc

how about boylen and the birds race what is it 15 years of having a great race the fact that the nats didnt have the best racers from this country is what i was stating yes great talent from a area but not the nation i think all will agree

see people just cant handle when someone speaks out everyone is quick to flame without thinking i have a very valid point

do u think the japan nats is dominated by a less then 2 hourr radius

do u think the europeans nats is dominated by a 2 hr radius come argue all u want i have a very valid point
Old 10-06-2009, 09:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DENNIS STORTI
no i was speaking on my own behalf and im allowed. last time i checked it was america
i race at the track and i see alot of locals is that fiction not at all. the fact that roar has done a subpar job of promoting there races is that false. again i dont think so asa former roar menebr i think hey why doesnt scotty eranst charge me 30 a year he puts on one of the greatewst promoted races in the history of rc

how about boylen and the birds race what is it 15 years of having a great race the fact that the nats didnt have the best racers from this country is what i was stating yes great talent from a area but not the nation i think all will agree

see people just cant handle when someone speaks out everyone is quick to flame without thinking i have a very valid point

do u think the europeans nats is dominated by a 2 hr radius come argue all u want i have a very valid point
Dude u can't defend your previous post about racers who didn't deserve to be there. you were straight up hatin' IT LIKES LOTTO YOU HAVE TO BE IN TO WIN IT
Old 10-06-2009, 09:36 AM
Tech Elite

Old 10-06-2009, 09:52 AM
Tech Elite

There is something seriously wrong when comparing ROAR events to the Birds and Vegas Race. ROAR events are not designed on a profit base, just a break even mind set to cover RMT etc.

Not saying Birds and Vegas are big money makers but they are definitely not just for the fun of it.

ROAR has the good fortune of finding good people willing enough to take on the administration of 'OUR' organization. A great change up from the lip service we have seen.

We should be congratulating them on all fronts, knowing that this admin will definitely learn from this last race.

And never should any racer put down the efforts of those who do commit, unless they are willing to step up and take some of the weight and heat that goes with the position.

A champion is a champion because he was there...............

Jacko
Old 10-06-2009, 09:57 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by DENNIS STORTI

+1
Old 10-06-2009, 10:17 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dawgmeat
Dude u can't defend your previous post about racers who didn't deserve to be there. you were straight up hatin' IT LIKES LOTTO YOU HAVE TO BE IN TO WIN IT
well like i said in my previous post i knew 9 months ago i wasnt racing no matter what the turn out would have been so thats all i can say and i do beleive i said roar should change to doing birthday parties at locaal track so everyone can be in a main there is racers who make a mains at every big race then there isnt again argue all u want i almost would be willing to go out on a limb and say there is a lot of people who agree and again i just dont care i speak my mind and guess what not everyone will agree and it doesnt matter roar will continue to charge racers a premium race fee and offer a subpar enviroment in which the paid racer compete in
Old 10-06-2009, 10:24 AM
Tech Elite

mum
Old 10-06-2009, 10:28 AM
Tech Elite

such an interesting conversation......

Last edited by Dawn Sanchez; 10-06-2009 at 10:42 AM.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

is anyone really surprised by the turnout, look at last years race???? its electric asphalt in america, outside california and florida who races asphalt weekly year round, the october date probably not the best idea.

but still what Dennis said was pretty out of line i thought.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.