Wiki Posts
Search

2009 Electric On Road ROAR Nationals at Hobbytown USA "The Coliseum"

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 10:17 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DENNIS STORTI
wow i gotta say What a major dissapointment with roar and the nats pretty bad when u have guys in an amain that arent deserving to be there but because the whole race was a flop i guess roar should change there stance and just do RC partys that way everyone can be in the a for a nats at there local track
What do you mean?
Old 10-04-2009, 10:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

wow i gotta say What a major dissapointment with roar and the nats pretty bad when u have guys in an amain that arent deserving to be there but because the whole race was a flop i guess roar should change there stance and just do RC partys that way everyone can be in the a for a nats at there local track
Dam Dennis, trying to take away form the people that did good. Maybe you should have gone and tried to change the outcome. Sure there were not lot of poeple at the race, but the names I saw include many top national drivers you see at other races. Sure some locals made the A as with just about any race they do. But you cant take away the accomplishment that many made at he race.

Congrats to all there and the winners.
Old 10-04-2009, 10:44 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I can understand. In 1996, I raced at the ROAR nationals in Montclair, CA and placed 9th in Mod Sedan. David Jun won the race. Am I a national-level driver? No. Problem was that everyone was burned out of racing because the ROAR nationals that year took place after the IFMAR on-road worlds and was held at the same track.

Also, I believe on-road is in a slow down right now. It goes in cycles. Hopefully, on-road will pick up again soon.
Old 10-04-2009, 12:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (94%+)

i doubt i would have changed the outcome and i have a baby due anyday so i wasnt able to go

and its just sad to see such a bad turnout its almost like going to a pga tour event and being told your playing from the ladies tees
Old 10-04-2009, 12:38 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Maybe the host should have requested dates for the PAVED nats during PAVED season. ROAR doesnt pick the dates....Just the track and then approve's the dates on what is submitted by the track.

And if I am not mistake their track was the ONLY paved track to bid last year. Hard to really blame anything on ROAR with this.

EA
Old 10-04-2009, 01:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Had andawesome time at the nats!
Old 10-04-2009, 02:06 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

i doubt i would have changed the outcome and i have a baby due anyday so i wasnt able to go

and its just sad to see such a bad turnout its almost like going to a pga tour event and being told your playing from the ladies tees
Hmm, I see your point, but I think the ladies tees is the wrong analogy. The course, nor the rules were adjusted. A closer analogy would be arriving and being told that due to low turnout, all you have to do is tee off and you qualify for the finals and could possibly pair up with Tiger Woods. Sure Tiger may not be too happy with that but you can't fault the player that took advantage of an situation. Then again to most competitors, a win is a win. If you were a National level driver, I don't think you apply any less effort because, how bad would it be to be beaten by a local driver who just showed up.
Again I see your point about the Event, but I don't find it appropriate to cheapen the experience for those that participated.
Old 10-04-2009, 02:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

I too will say...Top 10 guys would have probally been the same too even with 50 more enteries...The were some big names in the B main like Ray D, TJ Bradley, Craig X and others..This ASPHALT event still had about the same top 10 drivers as past 3-4 years....This was not a Carper Nats where there are diffrent names...For Asphalt most all the top 10 were well earned......
Old 10-04-2009, 02:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John Tag
For Asphalt most all the top 10 were well earned......
How about 11 in 17.5

Thanks for the torque from Express 17.5 DUO I, sheared my front right universal after the tone. 3 wheels drive all the way to 6 min mark
Old 10-04-2009, 02:46 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Felt bad for the 11th guy who was stuck in a race all by himself in 1/12. hope he didnt use up his sunday.

R

Last edited by ultegrasti; 10-04-2009 at 03:13 PM.
Old 10-04-2009, 02:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by komkit
How about 11 in 17.5

Thanks for the torque from Express 17.5 DUO I, sheared my front right universal after the tone. 3 wheels drive all the way to 6 min mark
where the results could not pull it up on liverc.com
Old 10-04-2009, 03:11 PM
Tech Regular

I was wondering about the date myself. So it is my understanding, if you are correct that none of the dates that ROAR had to chose from came from ROAR. They all came from Frederick? Please let me know if that is 100% correct.

Thanks,
Sr.
Old 10-04-2009, 03:14 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

congrats to those local guys in their big successes. Dodge, Herald Jr, and Hanson. Next up shaving commercials and letterman ha!

R
Old 10-04-2009, 03:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mike Herald Sr.
I was wondering about the date myself. So it is my understanding, if you are correct that none of the dates that ROAR had to chose from came from ROAR. They all came from Frederick? Please let me know if that is 100% correct.

Thanks,
Sr.
ROAR does not select dates for events. Dates are selected by the host. ROAR will request a change if the event dates selected conflict with another ROAR national event or an IFMAR event of the same class, but ultimately, it is only the host who can determine dates of an event they bid for and received through the selection process.

I also request comments disrespecting the effort of those who did attend and worked very hard for their positions, stop? That simply is not fair as... well, where were you, without the excuses?
Old 10-04-2009, 03:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
ROAR does not select dates for events. Dates are selected by the host. ROAR will request a change if the event dates selected conflict with another ROAR national event or an IFMAR event of the same class.
Which in this case the closest date to summer was October. Ruben and I agreed on this date almost a year ago. We were both concerned about it being later in the year but every date prior going back to April was conflicting with other National Events.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.