Wiki Posts
Search

2009 Electric On Road ROAR Nationals at Hobbytown USA "The Coliseum"

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 08:18 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by #88driver
I was also wondering this. I am in the ninth grade and hoping to go to the nats, but now i can't miss school to go to them.
When I was picking the dates for this years Nats it was suggested that I pick something in June (I wanted September) to insure that the race would not be during school. But in the end there was like 2 school age racers there. Also I think that most school age racers that are fortunate enough to have the opportunity to attend such a race are likely to be able to miss a few days of school to do so.
Old 10-17-2008, 08:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Some exciting things are taking place at the "C" this winter!!! We are announcing an 8 week point series starting November 22nd (the week after the region 2 race). This series will be for awards only (no gift cards or cash this time). We will have a weekly points race on 11/22, 11/29, 12/06, 12/13, 12/20, 1/03/2009, 1/10/2009, and 1/17/2009. We're taking a week off for the holidays and those of you who want to visit family or entertain your loved ones. There will be two throw outs in the series so make as many as you can.

The Sedan Challenge date for this year is still up in the air but what I've talked to Richard about is making it early in the spring sometime in late March. I will keep you all posted about the final date.

The HOT news is......as you all know we are hosting the ROAR Nationals and to kick off the party we want announce the "National Warm Up Series Race" (NWUSR). This will be an opportunity for local and out of town racers to familiarize themselves with our very unique facility. The NWUSR will be a total of five races with one throw out over a five month period starting the first weekend in May. The series will continue to run every first Saturday until the ROAR Nationals in October. Again plaques only no monetary prizes but guaranteed fun and good competition.

Hope to see you all soon,
Casey
Old 10-19-2008, 09:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Old 10-22-2008, 09:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by punkboy
Just copy Jr.'s setup and you'll be in the A for sure
Robbie,

Who is Jr? and what is his set up?

See you guys in a few weeks

Thanks
Kevin
Old 10-22-2008, 10:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin Boyle
Robbie,

Thanks
Kevin
LOL whos junior... man i think thats the first time i've ever heard of that when someone is talking about the one from the C...

Kevin, His name is Mike Herald Jr. He's the man at that place with w/e car hes driving... but he won't have a tc-5 by then so he might be able to help you out a little bit...

i'm sure he'll be popping in here on this thread at some point... He's a very nice guy and i'm sure he will help you out with w/e he can...

-DC-
Old 10-22-2008, 01:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by smitty2802
LOL whos junior... man i think thats the first time i've ever heard of that when someone is talking about the one from the C...

Kevin, His name is Mike Herald Jr. He's the man at that place with w/e car hes driving... but he won't have a tc-5 by then so he might be able to help you out a little bit...

i'm sure he'll be popping in here on this thread at some point... He's a very nice guy and i'm sure he will help you out with w/e he can...

-DC-
Originally Posted by Kevin Boyle
Robbie,

Thanks
Kevin
Hey Kevin, if you like I can have a setup sheet waiting for you at the track the day of the regionals or if you come up before then I can have it for whenever you come to the track.
Old 10-22-2008, 07:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

any ideas on classes?
Old 10-22-2008, 07:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by The Junior
Hey Kevin, if you like I can have a setup sheet waiting for you at the track the day of the regionals or if you come up before then I can have it for whenever you come to the track.
Sounds like a plan, please PM what type of body and tires I might need. WOW it has been like 4 years since I ran TC. This should be fun.

K-Bo.... I will be in touch, check out your PM and drop me a line still the same cell # if you need it ask Ray, I know he has it.

TTYL

Kevin
Old 10-22-2008, 08:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by k_bojar
any ideas on classes?

sad to say, but i'm pretty damn sure they will drop masters after all the hoop la last year then no one showed.

but then again who knows, either way, i will be there
Old 10-27-2008, 09:29 AM
Tech Master

The Coliseum will be going to an odorless compound rule as of November 15th. Since we run indoors we have to respect our customers and others in the store. The rule will be anything that doesn't have an odor such as Paragon (traction action), Jack the Gripper, Niftech and Tire Tweak. I experimented with three of these last weekend and the ones that has the most promise are Paragon and Jack.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:42 PM
Tech Master

Alright,
After much deliberation and talking to racers and tire companies we have decided to go with Jaco Blues as the control tire for the Nationals. The tires will be at a reduced price as soon as we reorder from Jaco and sell out of our current stock, right now they are $29.99 but when we get the new shipment in we will sell the sets for $22-$23.
Casey
Old 12-08-2008, 02:30 PM
Tech Master

On Road Race Dates for 2009

Saturdays January 3rd,10th, and 17th last three weeks of the winter point series

Saturday March 14th TCS Warm Up race

Sunday March 15th TCS race

Saturday April 4th C Squared Race

Saturday May 2nd 1st Week National Warm Up Point Series (N.W.U.P.S)

Saturday June 6th 2nd Week N.W.U.P.S

Saturday July 11th 3rd Week N.W.U.P.S

Saturday August 1st 4th Week N.W.U.P.S

Saturday September 5th Last Week N.W.U.P.S

Saturday-Sunday September 19th,20th Sedan Challenge

Track will be closed from Sunday September 27th to Tuesday September 29th for preparations for the ROAR Nationals.

Wednesday and Thursday and September 30th and October 1st Controlled Practice

Friday Saturday and Sunday October 2nd, 3rd and 4th ROAR On Road Electric Paved Nationals

December 5th, 12th, 19th January 2nd, 9th 16th, 23rd, 30th 8 Week Winter Point Series

Last edited by mojoman; 01-04-2009 at 09:34 AM.
Old 12-08-2008, 02:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Am I reading this right? Practice for the nats is Thrusday and Friday and racing is Sat and Sunday only?

So what will happen 3 rounds on Sat? 1 round and Mains sunday?
Old 12-08-2008, 03:38 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
Am I reading this right? Practice for the nats is Thrusday and Friday and racing is Sat and Sunday only?

So what will happen 3 rounds on Sat? 1 round and Mains sunday?
Sorry. Typo.
Old 02-26-2009, 06:01 PM
Tech Master

Bump.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.