Wiki Posts
Search

LIPO Balancers

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 06:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default LIPO Balancers

Hope im not recreating a topic... But maybe we could use this thread to post about each model out there with some real world review of the unit. Rather then posting a link to a page and say this looks good, how about a users review of your lipo balancer.

OK so I am looking for a balancer. And have no clue about the names of plugs or what can handle what amp load...

Im looking for a recomendation for my SMC packs here are some things i personally want in the unit:
-SMC connector compatible
-under 50$
-Digital read out of each cell
-I want balance on charge
-I want it to balance on charge at any amp rate i choose. Minimum 8amp charge rate
-Balance on discharge is optional for me. But if give the choice i want one that does it at high discharge rates...

So far I think that the Common Sense RC Balance Pro may suit my needs..
Old 10-05-2008, 07:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

http://rcmarket.com.hk/index.php?man...o8g1jl4jg8drd7
Old 10-05-2008, 07:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Joel Lagace
Hope im not recreating a topic... But maybe we could use this thread to post about each model out there with some real world review of the unit. Rather then posting a link to a page and say this looks good, how about a users review of your lipo balancer.

OK so I am looking for a balancer. And have no clue about the names of plugs or what can handle what amp load...

Im looking for a recomendation for my SMC packs here are some things i personally want in the unit:
-SMC connector compatible
-under 50$
-Digital read out of each cell
-I want balance on charge
-I want it to balance on charge at any amp rate i choose. Minimum 8amp charge rate
-Balance on discharge is optional for me. But if give the choice i want one that does it at high discharge rates...

So far I think that the Common Sense RC Balance Pro may suit my needs..

The Balance pro works perfectly, and as you said displays voltage of each cell. It is a discharge type balancer, 150mAh rate I believe, and is not affected by your charge rate. It can be used as stand alone or while charging. You will have to also get the reverse polarity adapter pt# PRAC-2 as the Reedy's and SMC's use the positve lead for the common and individual's for the negatives.
Old 10-05-2008, 10:02 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Lipo

I have a question too.I have 2 Ice charges and dont want to spend more more on new charges.I saw Checkpoint makes a external inline balancers, are they good enough, will they to the right job.

Nick
Old 10-05-2008, 11:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

I like the LBA10 from Hypeion. It will balance on charge or discharge. On charge you can go up to 10 amps. It will go from 2-6 cell balancing, but only shows which cells are being balanced, not their actual voltage unless you have it connected to a Hyperion charger. I'm not sure what connector it comes with out of the box as I bought mine used, but you can always just solder what ever connector you need.
Old 10-05-2008, 03:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Holy S@?T
What a sweet freakin deal
Old 10-05-2008, 10:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Phoenix82
I have a question too.I have 2 Ice charges and dont want to spend more more on new charges.I saw Checkpoint makes a external inline balancers, are they good enough, will they to the right job.

Nick

Yes it will work fine just depends on what kind of batteries you have. I have a Reedy 5000 and an IP3800 so I got the Equinox and the balancing harness for the Checkpoint. So it will do both batteries and was cheaper than the Checkpoint.