Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What to get?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 05:31 PM
Tech Rookie

Default What to get?

There are so many out there I don't know what to get. I am going to be doing some parking lot racing so it is not going to be a large area so I want to know what is the best to get.
Old 05-10-2009, 06:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

What class?
I'll assume TC. If you're not running at insane speeds, something budget to get you into RC would be a T2R. They aren't near as expencive as some of the other cars, and it would be very competitive. After you have some track time, then I would pick a type of car based on what you would like.

You want different stuff? Go with a Schuie or a Losi. You want the same as everything else on the market? Go with Xray, Associated, or Hot Bodies.

Seems to be a personal preference.
Old 05-10-2009, 06:26 PM
Tech Rookie

Yeah it will be tc and It will be asphalt. Well I looked at the t2r and the only problem I see with that car is that my local hobby shop can't really get parts for it if something were to happen on race day. What else would be good for this can you run different classes like the ae rc10r5 would that be like a good racer for this kind of like parking lot racing or would you recommend something that is 4wd or something.
Old 05-10-2009, 07:18 PM
Tech Elite

See what the other racers are driving, and what the hobby shop supplies.