R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-19-2008, 11:45 AM   #16
Tech Champion
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Why do you need to DISCHARGE the lipo in purpose..? Play your RC car for 5 or some minutes then charge. That is the REASON you use LIPO. You use lipo to avoid all the NIMH things to do.....

I myself, never use lipo cut off, hardly ballance my LIPO (did it 2 times because my charger has the balance fuction and just want to know HOW to do that...) My Orion 3200 3600 3800 4800 and Core 5000....had overall 2 time balanced....1 time on a 4800 and 1 time on a 5000 (3200 3600 and 3800 were never balanced)...over the last 2 years.
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 12:18 PM   #17
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

The reason guys will DISCHARGE their packs on Purpose is the same reason RACERS do most things...to look for an advantage over the competition.

Problem is - IF EVERYONE Does it - there's NO ADVANTAGE...so if everyone just didn't do it - there would be NO ISSUE.

But SOME Will - and they May find a performace advantge vs. not doing it, that will cause others to do it which inturn will cause someone who SHOULDN'T be doing this stuff....to BURN something to the ground.

I run OVAL, and OVAL is probably THE MOST demanding type of racing for ALL out Performance. Myself, I rarely balance...and I run the SAME PACK normally on a race day...at least 5-6 times. RUN - RECHARGE - RUN - RECHARGE - RUN, etc.

LIPOS do NOT like to be COLD - and they DO like to be warmed up. This can be done by cycling the pack, running the pack, or with a warming pad of some type. (Do NOT get them HOT)
Joe Myers
R/C Racing since 1985 ~ Santa Maria, CA (Central Coast)
2001-2012 - South-West Tour R/C Oval Series - R.I.P.
...will the SWT be revived? Time will tell, but we ARE returning to the VELODROME in 2016
SWTour is offline   Reply With Quote