Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Novak GTB 4cell

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 01:30 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Novak GTB 4cell

Im running the 4cell 17.5 in my 1/12th and tonight it ran great till the last practice session when I no longer had throttle. I have no clue what happened everything is plugged in and its a full battery pack but the damn thing wont move, the steering servo still moves but thats it, the red led on the esc is solid and nothing happens when throttle or brake is applied, anyone have any clue what might be going on? Oh also i tried 3 different tx/rx combos to see if it was my radio.
Old 09-20-2008, 01:50 AM
Tech Regular

are the lights working? if so it would be the motor at fault.

if not, try resetting the esc haven't been using in burshed mode with a brushless motor?
Old 09-20-2008, 11:57 AM
Tech Rookie

well when i woke up this morning the motor was working but now the red , blue and amber lights are on but not blinking and the motor is running full power, i tried reprogramming the esc 3 times but still the same thing
Old 09-20-2008, 09:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

If I had to guess, it would be one of two things. Normally when this happens either the motor could be shorted. If you try and turn the motor, does it have a cogging effect, or does it feel like there is something rubbing? If there is a rubbing feel, then check the solder posts to make sure no two are touching each other, even if it is just a small little piece of solder.
The second thing might be the wire harness. Check the wires to make sure they are all intact, and check the harness to make sure all the prongs are correctly in place.
If this is a motor other than a Novak, I am guess the sensor wire connecting the motor to the speedo may be bad. I have seen it may times where people buy a sensor wire and it will not work. They buy a new one and all is fine.
Old 09-21-2008, 01:48 AM
Tech Rookie

thats exactly whats happenin it sounds like something is rubbing ill check the harness and connections tomorrow and update the thread with whats going on