Originally Posted by rctouringracer
Is there any way to get the gearing to match the 4.20 fdr for VTA racing with this chassis?
Yes! I did a bunch of gear mesh calculations, ordered up a couple of gears, and it works.
I shot for a little higher (numerically) FDR of 4.37 and it meshes perfectly, so my calculations were sound and these other gearing combos should work.
All of the following numbers pertain to 64p gears
(use the "hockey puck" spur adapter that came with the kit).
- 74t spur, 44t pinion, motor mount position B.
- I got these from superiorhobbies.com. 44t pinion=RRP4344, 74t spur=XENG640074
- tested and meshes perfectly
- 74t spur, 45t pinion, motor mount position C.
- 72t spur, 44t pinion, motor mount position A.
- 72t spur may be hard to find, but PRS just started making them.
- 74t spur, 43t pinion, motor mount position A/B.
- 3racing mount A/B position will probably work perfectly with this combo
- 74t spur, 42t pinion, motor mount position A.
It wouldn't hurt to use the 3racing motor mount with any of these combos as it gives you finer mesh adjustment.