Wiki Posts
Search

Tamiya TB-02

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 02:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi All, I haven't had a chance to run my TB02 yet. But I'll tell ya.. Steve at
speedtech sold me a titanium screw kit for my TB02. This is a must if you want to save weight..I don't know how to post pics.. But my current hopups are front universals/ti screw kit/alum. motor mount. carbon front/rear braces/front/rear EVO3 shock towers/blue alum. ball studs..car weighs without electronics/body, just tires and wheels a mere 726 grams!!
Old 01-31-2006, 06:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

To convert my EVO 3 to a TB02 are these the only things I need
TB02 chasis
TB02 Aluminum Motor mount
TB02 Aluminum steering set

Please let me know if I need anything else
thanks
Larry
Old 02-01-2006, 01:53 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by f1larry
TB02 chasis

thanks
Larry
you also need a parts trees. i forget which one (sorry). specifically the parts that act as the chassis stiffner and the small tube parts that go over the steering posts.

or you can purchase the TB02-R parts..which are carbon fiber and come with aluminum standoffs.
Old 02-01-2006, 06:44 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Hebiki
you also need a parts trees. i forget which one (sorry). specifically the parts that act as the chassis stiffner and the small tube parts that go over the steering posts.

or you can purchase the TB02-R parts..which are carbon fiber and come with aluminum standoffs.
I think the tubes from the evo 3 steering posts will work
Old 02-01-2006, 10:57 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by f1larry
TB02 chasis

thanks
Larry
Or you could just buy the Evo/Tb-02R I am selling Larry
Old 02-01-2006, 11:50 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCGaryK
Or you could just buy the Evo/Tb-02R I am selling Larry
Gary.. send me info.. and pix. i might have an interested buyer for you.
Old 02-01-2006, 12:03 PM
Tech Champion

http://rctech.net/forum/showthread.p...0&page=1&pp=30
Old 02-01-2006, 09:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Hebiki
Gary.. send me info.. and pix. i might have an interested buyer for you.
Thought about that but now I am thinking of getting the Ta05 Supra

but still considering yours as well

Thanks
Larry

PS. sorry you won't be at the Trackside race

Hope you get everything worked out
Old 02-03-2006, 03:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default EVO IV Diff

Could someone please offer some advice re installing the Evo IV ball diff in the rear of a TB02. I have built the diff using the HPI Diff screw and have placed the spring under the nut retainer as per the Evo IV build instructions. However, when I mount the diff in the car, there is not alot of room for the right rear dogbone - I had to cut one of the red foam spacers in half to fit it in. The other side had alot of play that I had to take out with three red spacers. Has anyone used these diffs in this way or have you all placed the spring under the thrust race as per the TB02 diff build instructions?
Old 02-04-2006, 08:09 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Teehomo
Could someone please offer some advice re installing the Evo IV ball diff in the rear of a TB02. I have built the diff using the HPI Diff screw and have placed the spring under the nut retainer as per the Evo IV build instructions. However, when I mount the diff in the car, there is not alot of room for the right rear dogbone - I had to cut one of the red foam spacers in half to fit it in. The other side had alot of play that I had to take out with three red spacers. Has anyone used these diffs in this way or have you all placed the spring under the thrust race as per the TB02 diff build instructions?
When I upgraded to evoIV ball diff I also changed over to universal shafts and dumped the dog bones. I think as long as the dog bones are not falling out when suspension is fully extended, or not so deep as to foul with diff outdrive again when fully extended then you should have no problems. Just check its functioning ok and give it a go.
Old 02-04-2006, 04:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

I just snapped the front diff screw on the beast and was trying to work out why, when both the TB02 and TA05 share the same basic diff components, ans the only thing I could come up with, is that the diff screw on the tb02 has the thrust bearing PLUS the spring on the side of the screw head whereas the TA-05 only has the thrust bearing.

Now, my TA-05 has done a full winter series and club nights with no issues so I was wondering if the same setup of component placement can be used on the TB02??

Anyone?
Old 02-04-2006, 09:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

My son ran the TB02 today with the EVOIV diff with the spring and nut on the same side. In practice he hit the rail and pulled the entire lower suspension arm off. There was a bit if damage to the mounting bracket but after a scan of the track we found the parts and reassembled. I decided to switch back to the spring on the same side as the thrust race and we had no further issues (with that anyway) during the day. I think that with the spring and nut on the same side there is not enough give in the right hand rear suspension and is therefore prone to breaking. Could also have been coincidence but for now I'll be leaving the spring under the thrust race.
Old 02-06-2006, 06:02 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Teehomo
My son ran the TB02 today with the EVOIV diff with the spring and nut on the same side. In practice he hit the rail and pulled the entire lower suspension arm off. There was a bit if damage to the mounting bracket .
I think it may have just been a coincedence. I race at Ryper in Perth every weekend, and the end of the long main straight turns into an off camber hairpin, with a limestone wall as a border, we call it "parts corner" (ask Besercoe, he along with many others at last nationals found out the hard way). Anyway i've hit that wall so many times and never a problem with diff.
There is always more than one way to do most things.
Please post how you get on with diff fitted the other way.
Old 02-06-2006, 06:26 AM
Tech Addict

Anyone tried to install a 0.4 module spur from the the old tbevo 72T,88T? Which pinion would match? Still a lot being sold at the lhs.
Old 02-06-2006, 06:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

OK, whats the difference between the TB02 and the Evo3/4 diff halves internaly, as I assume their external dimensions are the same, so how do they manage to get the same length diff screw to work, I tried on the stock parts and the screw just wouldn't reach the diff nut holder.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.