R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-19-2010, 04:25 PM   #586
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to trackdesigner71 Send a message via Yahoo to trackdesigner71

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackdesigner71 View Post
Anybody know of any tracks in the central or southwest VA area (or North Central NC) area that run this class?
Anybody? the closest track to me at this point is back near my hometown at Debbie's
trackdesigner71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:22 PM   #587
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Anybody? the closest track to me at this point is back near my hometown at Debbie's
You've got a PM
Old 04-20-2010, 11:48 AM   #588
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to trackdesigner71 Send a message via Yahoo to trackdesigner71

PM replied to Timmie thanks a busload
Old 04-25-2010, 11:32 PM   #589
Tech Master

What do you guys think about changing the rules a little? How about a choice of spec tires? Pink and lilac's as a spec tire choice? Let me know what you guys think.
Trinity,EPIC,Oddy Racing,IRS,Sweep racing,Brown Engineering,Mugen USA,Team Xray,RC America,R.I.P. motorsports,Tekin,Customworks,Parma PSE,Ashford Hobbies,D&K Hobbies, TQ-wire,Local 69 Woodputters Union,Big Ant get well soon!!Quinn my BFF!
Dee Lee is a nut and I don't condone what he will say next!
Scooby Horton1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 07:22 AM   #590
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Horton1 View Post
What do you guys think about changing the rules a little? How about a choice of spec tires? Pink and lilac's as a spec tire choice? Let me know what you guys think.
I have always thought that the fronts should be harder than rears. Don't know of any pan car's that really work well with the same front and rears. I don't think we need to go all the way to pink rears, but Dbl Pink or Magenta rears with purple or lilac fronts.

My 2 cents
www.darksidems.com www.igthobbies.com www.IGT8.com
Grenade10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 07:31 AM   #591
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

these are national rules. I don't think they should change because these work well at the big races. but at the club level, your milage may vary and each club should look at what works local

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 08:55 AM   #592
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theisgroup View Post
these are national rules. I don't think they should change because these work well at the big races. but at the club level, your milage may vary and each club should look at what works local
I'm not sure that these rules were designed around the cars being used on both carpet and asphalt. Lilac tires on all four corners works well for carpet, but a different rear tire might be required for asphalt since grip levels are considerably lower.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:00 AM   #593
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by oeoeo327 View Post
I'm not sure that these rules were designed around the cars being used on both carpet and asphalt. Lilac tires on all four corners works well for carpet, but a different rear tire might be required for asphalt since grip levels are considerably lower.
+1

"Every Cemetery in Chicago Votes Democrat!"
el salvador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:50 AM   #594
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oeoeo327 View Post
lilac f/r tires works great for asphalt if the track is prep right....

AE 12R5.1,Tekin RS PRO
17.5 super stock T.O.P PHOTON , TAMIYA M05 Mini
CEFX.. High Velocity Racing Motor
Goingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 01:25 PM   #595
Tech Elite

With 13.5 and 17.5 both being used in WGT would it be too much if there was talk of a GT1 and GT2 (GT1 using 13.5 motors and GT2 using 17.5)?
Old 04-26-2010, 03:13 PM   #596
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theisgroup View Post
Well, I would agree that the national drivers can get the car set up around these tires (heck the 15-20 who run this at IIC, Snowbirds, Cleveland could make square stones work) but why make it so hard for club racers? It was ment to get 1/12 scale racers into another class and pull some touring car drivers who wanted something differnt.

And as to millage, the tires wear like iron, but to get the car quick you have to run them under 2.10 and most will go under 2.05's. Not sure that the change in compound will help the tire size but it should.
www.darksidems.com www.igthobbies.com www.IGT8.com
Grenade10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 03:29 PM   #597
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grenade10 View Post
Well, I would agree that the national drivers can get the car set up around these tires (heck the 15-20 who run this at IIC, Snowbirds, Cleveland could make square stones work) but why make it so hard for club racers? It was ment to get 1/12 scale racers into another class and pull some touring car drivers who wanted something differnt.

And as to millage, the tires wear like iron, but to get the car quick you have to run them under 2.10 and most will go under 2.05's. Not sure that the change in compound will help the tire size but it should.
i'd disagree, but what does that matter.

at our track we have low to maybe medium traction. I am usually 2nd and sometimes 1rst in our wgt class. the guy that usually beats me made the A at the IIC. we run spec tires starting around 58mm down to the rim. as a matter of fact, I am still using the tires from the IIC.

so if we are discussion rule change, I have to say for our track, no change. the spec rules work for us. and we have guys always looking to attend the big races. so we run based on the national rules and we run based on the classes available at the national levels.

Team Tamale | Team Tekin | RCAmerica | Speedmerchant | Speedzone RC | EA Motorsports | Ko Propo USA | eXpress Motorsports | Parma/PSE
theisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 04:06 PM   #598
Tech Master

When I said tire change I ment for outdoor. At the race I was at this weekend we had to run a 3 pound buggy spring with 10w oil. The cars where still a little loose.
Trinity,EPIC,Oddy Racing,IRS,Sweep racing,Brown Engineering,Mugen USA,Team Xray,RC America,R.I.P. motorsports,Tekin,Customworks,Parma PSE,Ashford Hobbies,D&K Hobbies, TQ-wire,Local 69 Woodputters Union,Big Ant get well soon!!Quinn my BFF!
Dee Lee is a nut and I don't condone what he will say next!
Scooby Horton1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 03:26 PM   #599
Tech Elite

Anybody ever thought of trying a WGT enduro? (kinda like the Spa 24 hrs or Nurburring 24 hours) on an RC scale?
Old 05-03-2010, 08:41 PM   #600
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Anybody ever thought of trying a WGT enduro? (kinda like the Spa 24 hrs or Nurburring 24 hours) on an RC scale?
Back in the day they made special enduro cars that had battery trays that pulled out of the bottom and you could do a battery change in 15-20 seconds. It was back when 1200 & 1500scr's were king.
slsspark is offline   Reply With Quote