R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-25-2008, 08:15 AM   #46
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
It would be great if everyone could make a WGT tire using the same foam and hopefully BSR can in the near future. Then everyone could have their brand loyalty and all companies are involved.

There is at one other manufacture that is interested in making the spec type tire right now but does not want to do it in a Lilac compound.

EA

That is an excellent Post Eric,

For those tracks that have the rules established and the class running, our spec tire has been established as the Lilac. If another shore is provided as a handout, they will be junk once we get home. This entire class was created to eliviate some of the strain foam tire budgets have put on electric onroad racers.

Beavis
beavis353 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 02:08 PM   #47
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to trackdesigner71 Send a message via Yahoo to trackdesigner71

beavis makes a great point
trackdesigner71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 02:24 PM   #48
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

I read on the Grand Slam series thread that BSR has agreed to make them in Lilac (BSR Team Purple) compound as well for the class. Its the same shore rating as the Jaco lilac and will be on BSR's wheel.

So at least the racers have a choice of brand loyalty now.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 02:48 PM   #49
Tech Champion

Quote:
I read on the Grand Slam series thread that BSR has agreed to make them in Lilac (BSR Team Purple) compound as well for the class. Its the same shore rating as the Jaco lilac and will be on BSR's wheel.

So at least the racers have a choice of brand loyalty now.

EA
Can John do something to his rim like Jack did to make it so you can see its a spec tire? Make the rim white or gray or something.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 02:56 PM   #50
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM View Post
Can John do something to his rim like Jack did to make it so you can see its a spec tire? Make the rim white or gray or something.
I havent heard anything about that yet but I would figure that they would use a yellow stripe like they do on their other spec tires. I highly doubt they would want to have wheels made for it and probably dont have access to the same thing Jack does with the carbon fiber look.

To me a yellow stripe in the foam would serve the same purpose.

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 05:42 PM   #51
Tech Champion

Quote:
I havent heard anything about that yet but I would figure that they would use a yellow stripe like they do on their other spec tires. I highly doubt they would want to have wheels made for it and probably dont have access to the same thing Jack does with the carbon fiber look.

To me a yellow stripe in the foam would serve the same purpose.

EA
That might actually be better. Makes it harder for the guys that are thinking of gluing donughts of other compounds onto old spec carbon rims.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 09:23 PM   #52
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Locally, in NorCal, we have a small group of racers using one of the two specs for World Pan Car GT. Everyone runs together.

#1 allows 10.5 BL with 4-cell NIMH

#2 allows 13.5 BL with 2-cell Lipo (hard case)

Seems to be popular; so, I am currently building a CRC X-10 per the lipo spec.

Could well work with 13.5 (NIMH) and 17.5 (lipo) too.

Bill
Old 09-29-2008, 07:04 AM   #53
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Just a thought guys, why limit the body you can run? There are a lot of 200mm bodies you can run but your only limited to a couple (that you can get).

What deference does it make what body somebody runs? I personally would like to see more bodies out there. If you donít run the most aerodynamic body itís only hurting yourself. So to me, if you want to win you will run the corvetteÖ
If it doesnít matter to you if you win, run what ever you want.
And maybe donít open it up all the way but the bodies you can run are pretty limited right now.

Just my 2 cents.
Have fun
Bertetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 10:35 AM   #54
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertetto View Post
Just a thought guys, why limit the body you can run? There are a lot of 200mm bodies you can run but your only limited to a couple (that you can get).

What deference does it make what body somebody runs? I personally would like to see more bodies out there. If you donít run the most aerodynamic body itís only hurting yourself. So to me, if you want to win you will run the corvetteÖ
If it doesnít matter to you if you win, run what ever you want.
And maybe donít open it up all the way but the bodies you can run are pretty limited right now.

Just my 2 cents.
Have fun
I FULLY AGREE - No Touring Car bodies, No GTP bodies .... which leaves alot of interesting cars to try.
www.darksidems.com www.igthobbies.com www.IGT8.com
Grenade10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 03:19 PM   #55
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertetto View Post

What deference does it make what body somebody runs? I personally would like to see more bodies out there. If you don’t run the most aerodynamic body it’s only hurting yourself. So to me, if you want to win you will run the corvette…
Apparently, nobody has tried the old HPI NSX. The body is realistic, but has the same general shape as all those "funny" Japanese touring bodies-little greenhouse, kinda blunt nosed, big wing.

http://www.hpiracing.com/products/en/7087/

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 04:51 PM   #56
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robk View Post
Apparently, nobody has tried the old HPI NSX. The body is realistic, but has the same general shape as all those "funny" Japanese touring bodies-little greenhouse, kinda blunt nosed, big wing.

http://www.hpiracing.com/products/en/7087/
I believe Timmah from RCE said he was running the NSX body for a while -- I don't think he liked it that much. I'm going to try running the HPI Supra next (I've already run the HPI and Protoform Vettes).

Make sure everyone checks out the newly updated WorldGT rules -- the minimum roof height has been raised: http://worldgtrc.com/WGT_2008_Rules.pdf
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / Shop@ Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 04:53 PM   #57
Tech Adept

I run an older HPI NSX on my 10L3T. I'm very happy with it and would recommend it to anyone. I'm pretty sure mine is 190mm. I din't know if they came in 200mm and they'd be fairly hard to find I imagine.
Rob Burns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 05:14 PM   #58
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I say yes to GTP bodies as long as they are realistic, Protoform has and soon Parma will have GTP bodies for 200mm cars and look at some of the cool bodies comming out from Japan. I think most of the so called realistic bodies from HPI don't look that great, look at the IIC they had to slam the bodies just to make tech, so why not a GTP style body they look alot better than most.

ARC, LRP Go Blue!!
gijoe64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 05:20 PM   #59
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

LeMans style. The cars would be on rails.....

http://www.pro-lineracing.com/p-591-mulsanne-lmp.aspx
RBLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 05:25 PM   #60
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Burns View Post
I run an older HPI NSX on my 10L3T. I'm very happy with it and would recommend it to anyone. I'm pretty sure mine is 190mm. I din't know if they came in 200mm and they'd be fairly hard to find I imagine.

rob, i'm building up my 10l3t for worldGT as we speak and it is very easy to get it out to 200mm.. a single axle shim both sides in the rear or one on the left and a 1" right hub (the 10l3t's is 7/8) and then shim the fronts 5mm each side.. are you running on asphalt? i'd love to trade setups as we get these going...

once the class is established i'd love to see to classes of cars running on the same track just like sebring.. corvettes and bmw's letting gtp's pass.. too me that is fun..

Turns out not where, but who your with that really matters... DMB
tallyrc is offline   Reply With Quote