R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-11-2009, 12:40 PM   #526
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ONRAILZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by gijoe64 View Post
But tell me, what separates the fast guys running 13.5 1C and the slow guys?
If your fast that means more competitive racing no matter how much motor you have.
Whoever doesnt fall asleep while driving it lol.

I dont think you get what im talking about. Im not talking about it being not competive. it is. but its was just as competive when the cars were faster. Its just my opinion, I think the class sucks now with 13.5 1s. I liked it alot more when the cars were faster than radio shack cars. thats it.
ONRAILZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 12:44 PM   #527
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONRAILZ View Post
Whoever doesnt fall asleep while driving it lol.

I dont think you get what im talking about. Im not talking about it being not competive. it is. but its was just as competive when the cars were faster. Its just my opinion, I think the class sucks now with 13.5 1s. I liked it alot more when the cars were faster than radio shack cars. thats it.
I see what your saying, I think that 1C lipos should be for 1/12 scale only!

ARC, LRP Go Blue!!
gijoe64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 01:00 PM   #528
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Where is my towel?I've been running the 13.5/ 1 cell for over a year. The speeds have been increasing.If you don't like the class nobody is forcing you to run it are they? Lipos are in and round cells are out.
WGT-R, GT Racing USA (17.5 foam), Formula 1 and Home Track is 386 RaceWay,ROAR #7540.
BullFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 01:14 PM   #529
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullFrog View Post
Where is my towel?I've been running the 13.5/ 1 cell for over a year. The speeds have been increasing.If you don't like the class nobody is forcing you to run it are they? Lipos are in and round cells are out.
Cool your heals there Froggy! Everyone has a opinion and we don't have to agree, so chill it's not that serious.

ARC, LRP Go Blue!!
gijoe64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 01:55 PM   #530
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullFrog View Post
WOW, slow your roll danny bonaduce.

Your right, nobody is forcing me to run it. but Im intitled to an opinion arn't I? And thats exactly what im stating, my opinion
Old 11-11-2009, 02:29 PM   #531
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

Well I can tell you from my experiance that the 13.5 1s works great for me, I have had the chance to run my 10r5 at my local track with the 17.5 2lipo sedan class and it is as fast if not faster and runs way cooler motor and esc temps. I have never even broken over 103deg in my setup with two different esc's and motors you can really gear these things up and be very safe in my experience. I think the class if fine how it is... if you want to go faster then get into a mod class and run 10.5 with some crazy 40c discharge battery!!!! Then you will go faster..... I say leave it like it is and start a MODIFIED CLASS if you want to get crazy.
Tha Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 03:04 PM   #532
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Skinny View Post
Well I can tell you from my experiance that the 13.5 1s works great for me, I have had the chance to run my 10r5 at my local track with the 17.5 2lipo sedan class and it is as fast if not faster and runs way cooler motor and esc temps. I have never even broken over 103deg in my setup with two different esc's and motors you can really gear these things up and be very safe in my experience. I think the class if fine how it is... if you want to go faster then get into a mod class and run 10.5 with some crazy 40c discharge battery!!!! Then you will go faster..... I say leave it like it is and start a MODIFIED CLASS if you want to get crazy.
Theres no reason 13.5 shouldnt be faster than a sedan. its a pan car, less weight huge tires. even so. I love the idea of the WGT class. im just not happy where it went. And i agree with frog. round cells are a thing of the past. but if there gonna change the battery for the class they should have changed the motor as well, to keep the cars where they were. I dont run nimh. but im sure there are plenty of people out there that havent made the switch to lipo yet, i know theres a few at our track. So what about those guys? Do you just tell them sorry about your luck? buy new batteries and chargers or you cant race? its not really fair to them if you ask me.

I see there running two diffrent WGT classes at cleveland. 13.5 and 10.5(pro). I would hardly call 10.5 modifed. its equilivent to the way the cars were last year( 13.5 and 4cell ) I think it would be way better if they made the class 13.5 4cell or 10.5 1cell insted of running 2 or 3 different WGT classes. that way everyone is equal and competive. And most important Runs Together

Last edited by ONRAILZ; 11-11-2009 at 03:14 PM.
Old 11-11-2009, 04:29 PM   #533
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

onrailz, yes, you made your point about five posts ago. No one is going to put much stock in your opinion because you are claiming that what is right for the class is what is right for you. You haven't given us reasons that rule changes would be a benefit to everyone else.

-Adam
When someone is intent on excelling in an otherwise laudable manner, does he not desire to inflict pain on others by means of his exalted status and enjoy the envy he arouses? Is there not an anticipated delight in an artist's ability to defeat his artistic rivals, which heightens his euphoria in creation?
-Nietzsche
adamge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 04:39 PM   #534
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamge View Post
onrailz, yes, you made your point about five posts ago. No one is going to put much stock in your opinion because you are claiming that what is right for the class is what is right for you. You haven't given us reasons that rule changes would be a benefit to everyone else.

-Adam
maybe you should read my last post
Old 11-11-2009, 04:39 PM   #535
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gijoe64 View Post
I see what your saying, I think that 1C lipos should be for 1/12 scale only!
why? 1s in wgt or tc moves pretty good.

i read these post from everyone saying everything is to fast, we need to slow it down and when they do people complain about it.
LOW ET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 05:33 PM   #536
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOW ET View Post
i read these post from everyone saying everything is to fast, we need to slow it down and when they do people complain about it.

UM ...... R/C Racers being R/C Racers
www.darksidems.com www.igthobbies.com www.IGT8.com
Grenade10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 07:01 PM   #537
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Well people complain if they go to fast or if they go to slow.Since I wrote the rules for the Florida series for this class we all went to single cell lipos and the 13.5.The past year I was the only one running single cell against 4 cell.The writting was on the wall with lipos. Everyone in the series had 3 1/2 months to convert before the start of the new season. The class did not suffer. This weekend we go to the Tampa area and this track last year had the biggest turnout.So I'll see this Sunday how big it is.
WGT-R, GT Racing USA (17.5 foam), Formula 1 and Home Track is 386 RaceWay,ROAR #7540.
BullFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 07:25 PM   #538
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOW ET View Post
People misunderstand what is really going on. Slowing the cars down does NOT diminish the quality of the racing. it ENHANCES it. People misunderstand the difference between fast and better. Instead of flying all over the place and overshooting corners and missing the line by 4 feet, now you're missing the line by 2 feet. The improvement is that the racing looks better, and IS better. There are exceptions to every rule. But the simple fact is, slower cars equal better racing (for the other 99.9% of us that aren't getting paid on a team). I don't want to go 100mph, I want a better race, 5-10" off the other car and NOT take the guy out because we are both in WAY over our heads.

Very few people can run a car, any car, even the slowest ones, to the cars absolute potential. Maybe 1 guy in a 1000.

I've said it before. You don't want faster racing, you want BETTER racing.

looking for....vintage 1/10-1/12 pan, need Schumacher 1/12th cars and parts.
Bob-Stormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 08:22 PM   #539
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey Bob where did you post that post you did on percent error and consistent driving?
Old 11-11-2009, 08:59 PM   #540
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to trackdesigner71 Send a message via Yahoo to trackdesigner71

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopyrc View Post
Hey Bob where did you post that post you did on percent error and consistent driving?

Right here: How's your driving? The "Stormer error correction", thread.
trackdesigner71 is offline   Reply With Quote