R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-18-2009, 04:50 AM   #406
Tech Fanatic

The 2S guys have missed the boat - Rules are for 1S, and that is being re-enforced by the new releases of 1S cells. If ROAR follow through with having the 2010 Nationals for 1S only (no NiMh) then 1S will establish itself.

Having tried 1S WGT, it seems not that much slower than 4-cell, and with the new speedo software for Tekin and LRP, it will soon be as fast as 4-cell. 2S is not a viable option as the cars do not handle well.

With great respect to all concerned, isn't it the case that the Gen-X tried to anticipate what would happen in this class, and was built as a Jack-of-all-Trades (1S, 2S, 4-cell, 6-cell) and is therefore a master of none? We have only one driver who manages to make the car go well (on 4-cell) but that's after a LOT of work, and the car is not standard.

When looking at the other choices (Associated 10R5, BMI DB12RR, Corally, etc.) we find drivers have far less problems getting the cars to handle, and they go as well with 1S as 4-cell. If you want to race this class competitively, I would suggest that these cars are a better bet.

The Rules are now set. All this bickering about changing them makes it less likely that class will go forward. As it is cheaper, easier to maintain and more fun to drive than TC (and, some would say, 12th) isn't it better to race within the Rules set, and get more new drivers in, than to try to change all the Rules again, and put drivers off? Just a thought...
SlowerOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 08:05 AM   #407
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Well said.

I am in the process of changing my CRC from 2S to 1S. Still believe that the Gen-X 10 will be a winner at the slower speeds.

Bill
Old 07-18-2009, 09:15 AM   #408
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to trackdesigner71 Send a message via Yahoo to trackdesigner71

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallyrc View Post
actually the bigger problem is folks that dont know what they are talking about running off at the yap.. we have one guy that doesn't even run the class or have a completed car acting like the omniscient voice of the class and someone else that apparently doesn't know the history of the class talking about the rules and the history.. the crc car was the first of the modern cars to market, and was there before there were even fixed rules in place.. nowhere did i say i wasn't down with the rules.. brush up on your comprehension skills and try reading my post again.... by the way the only organized wgt racing around me is the florida state series, and they don't follow the rules to a T either..
Many apologies to you tally as I meant no disrespect or to sound like the "omniscient voice" for WGT. Really I simly wanted to foster debate but not see a class that I am working at (lack of employment and a car that decided to jettison its muffler on a road trip makes it hard to do much of anything) die off before I even get a chance to run with some of you guys.
trackdesigner71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 09:47 AM   #409
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

no biggie.. this debate has been going on now for 2 years or so and even the almighty RAOR took a year and a half of it to finally "decide" on their rules for the class.. now suddenly anybody that has a dissenting view is looked down upon.. like i said, whatever the rules are locally, that's what i'll run..

Turns out not where, but who your with that really matters... DMB
tallyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 10:34 AM   #410
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

I'm going to laugh once li-fe replaces li-po

sorry I won't buy a battery that works in one of my 5 electric cars that all run the same battery for racing
JayL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 12:22 PM   #411
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I can tell you guys again the Florida State Series for 2009-2010 will not allow anyone with 4 cells to race.It's the single cell lipo only with a 13.5 motor. ROAR will follow maybe for the On-road nationals for this year.Face it the round cells have had the run. Lipo is here now. With Oval and 1/12th both going single cell why all the fuss.
WGT-R, GT Racing USA (17.5 foam), Formula 1 and Home Track is 386 RaceWay,ROAR #7540.
BullFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 12:31 PM   #412
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

200mm SPEC Success Story

Spec Canadian Auto Racing is very successful. We now have 32 Racers with 200mm Pan Cars. The Class is not a year old and is just getting started.

SCAR Rules - SIMPLE and FAST
1/ 200MM Pan Car
2/ Novak 17.5 Brushless Motor
3/ Orion 2400 Lipo Battery
4/ CRC or JACO Spec Tires
5/ HPI Sports Car Bodies
6/ 1000 Grams

The SCAR Class has been the largest Class at all 7 RROL 2009 Asphalt Races in London Ontario Canada.

LOU's SPEEDWAY has just opened in London with an amazing Carpet Race Facility which will feature SCAR Carpet Racing 12 Months a year.

SCAR will also run at the Karl Mackie Memorial Race Against Cancer which is advertised on the HPI Events Website.

Want to know more? Go to www.londonrc.com and click on the SCAR Ad.

SCAR OVAL Racing is coming this Fall to LOU's SPEEDWAY!

SCAR Road Racing on Asphalt and Carpet! SCAR OVAL Racing on Carpet - We have FUN
Attached Thumbnails
World GT Club Racing - To spec or not to spec is the question????-scarlogonew09.jpg  
ElliotCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 02:52 PM   #413
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Yes but the 2400's are 2 cells and higher voltage (8.4). Most of the oval guys are going to the single cell lipo (3.7 volt). Add the 1/12th scale class (with a 10.5), and to get more people using the same equipment the World GT's. I'm 99.9% you'll see several really big races going with the single cell. Should see something in the coming months.
WGT-R, GT Racing USA (17.5 foam), Formula 1 and Home Track is 386 RaceWay,ROAR #7540.
BullFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 12:52 PM   #414
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to trackdesigner71 Send a message via Yahoo to trackdesigner71

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElliotCanada View Post
200mm SPEC Success Story

Spec Canadian Auto Racing is very successful. We now have 32 Racers with 200mm Pan Cars. The Class is not a year old and is just getting started.

SCAR Rules - SIMPLE and FAST
1/ 200MM Pan Car
2/ Novak 17.5 Brushless Motor
3/ Orion 2400 Lipo Battery
4/ CRC or JACO Spec Tires
5/ HPI Sports Car Bodies
6/ 1000 Grams

The SCAR Class has been the largest Class at all 7 RROL 2009 Asphalt Races in London Ontario Canada.

LOU's SPEEDWAY has just opened in London with an amazing Carpet Race Facility which will feature SCAR Carpet Racing 12 Months a year.

SCAR will also run at the Karl Mackie Memorial Race Against Cancer which is advertised on the HPI Events Website.

Want to know more? Go to www.londonrc.com and click on the SCAR Ad.

SCAR OVAL Racing is coming this Fall to LOU's SPEEDWAY!

SCAR Road Racing on Asphalt and Carpet! SCAR OVAL Racing on Carpet - We have FUN

Good to see you guys having success up there Elliot. If I was a canadian Id be all over running with you guys.

Every time I walk in my room and I see my Pantoura with the rear wheels off, I want all the more to get right in on the WGT fun and action...(Too bad all my RC tools got stolen two years ago while I was at college)
Old 07-21-2009, 01:18 PM   #415
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Bill View Post
Well said.

I am in the process of changing my CRC from 2S to 1S. Still believe that the Gen-X 10 will be a winner at the slower speeds.

Bill
I'm sure it will. Mine is waiting as the class didn't materialize this summer here. In the right hands this car is more than capable.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:39 AM   #416
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljohn1064 View Post
I'm sure it will. Mine is waiting as the class didn't materialize this summer here. In the right hands this car is more than capable.
Run it in between rounds if you get a chance...Im sure once people have had a chance to see it in action maybe a few more will give it a shot
Old 07-24-2009, 10:08 AM   #417
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackdesigner71 View Post
Run it in between rounds if you get a chance...Im sure once people have had a chance to see it in action maybe a few more will give it a shot
I'm still waiting on the new Novak 1S Havoc speedo with the booster to finish the new setup. Its been seen a lot with the 21.5 and 7.4V. It causes quite a stir in that configuration. I wouldn't mind seeing it go to 1S with a 10.5 for indoor carpet in the future.
Old 08-03-2009, 09:34 AM   #418
Tech Elite

that makes sense. Does anybody have an unpainted Corvette theyd be willing to part with? I was watching old IMSA videos while I was at a friend's house for the weekend and I got a very cool dose of inspration.
Old 08-15-2009, 04:29 PM   #419
Tech Elite

Anybody have a corvette body? I was thinking of taking the old Corvette GTP paintjob and bringing it into the 21st century

Old 08-16-2009, 12:28 AM   #420
Tech Champion

Looks like ROAR is heading towards approval for 1S weights. Car now has a 13.5. As soon as I can get the nerf bars installed, it will get an RS and booster setup. Seems pretty painless hitting spec so far.