R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-15-2008, 06:49 AM   #211
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to trackdesigner71 Send a message via Yahoo to trackdesigner71

In other news...

How the class is run at the club level and how the class is run nationally can be different for the sake of growing the class at this point but I do think there will need to be some synergy between the two at some point.
trackdesigner71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 06:54 AM   #212
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to trackdesigner71 Send a message via Yahoo to trackdesigner71

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBSpence View Post
So you went during the week and drove on the track, or you actually raced? As in organized, with other racers, qualifying and mains.
More towards the former. My car (and almost all my support equipment...all I have now are my tires and my radio since I didnt keep those in my bag with my car) got stolen around the time I was getting ready to make my first start in an organized club race and I had to start looking around for a new ride

Anyway I will admit even as I wrote my piece about keyboard jockeys I said that knowing Im chief among sinners in that group and have no problem with criticizing myself for the things I criticize in other people.
Old 11-16-2008, 01:04 AM   #213
Tech Apprentice

I have stayed away from this thread because I can see both points of veiw. I love 1/12 so I have the 4 cell packs and when the WGT came out I just figured it would be easier to drive this car than a 1/12 and anyone who has seen me race will tell you I need easy!
I want to see this class grow so I don't mind the mixing of the class, and I think when the class gets big enough we can score the class 4 cell or lipo. I just want to have fun with my friends everyone should know by now that you can't please everyone.
Oh and track designer dude never ever, ever agree with O.D. about anything cuz when he's P.O.'d at you he's not smackin me down.
Old 11-16-2008, 07:33 AM   #214
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notso View Post
I have stayed away from this thread because I can see both points of veiw. I love 1/12 so I have the 4 cell packs and when the WGT came out I just figured it would be easier to drive this car than a 1/12 and anyone who has seen me race will tell you I need easy!
I want to see this class grow so I don't mind the mixing of the class, and I think when the class gets big enough we can score the class 4 cell or lipo. I just want to have fun with my friends everyone should know by now that you can't please everyone.
Oh and track designer dude never ever, ever agree with O.D. about anything cuz when he's P.O.'d at you he's not smackin me down.
Big words from a friend...Let's have fun...nice job amigo!
Old 11-16-2008, 05:09 PM   #215
Tech Elite

I'll bear that in mind Notso...anyway Im not totally getting away from TC. After all my gear was pilfered my first thought was to get all "new" stuff and get out and run back home (there arent any tracks that are open within an hour of Lynchburg that run TC)
Old 11-16-2008, 07:04 PM   #216
Tech Elite

I think I feel a Notso smackdown comin on...
Old 11-16-2008, 07:26 PM   #217
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by odpurple View Post
I think I feel a Notso smackdown comin on...
Not after everyone sees Notso's new WGT car...that he was finishing up at NorCal today...a beauty!
Old 11-16-2008, 07:29 PM   #218
Tech Champion

After seeing Crashby's new Serpent 1/12th scale pan car (with unbelievable quality), I hope they make a WGT car next. Whooooa!
Old 11-16-2008, 09:42 PM   #219
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Bill View Post
After seeing Crashby's new Serpent 1/12th scale pan car (with unbelievable quality), I hope they make a WGT car next. Whooooa!
Nutso's car looked great, he is doing an outstanding job on it. That Serpent is one beautiful car, 1/12th is all about the details and the closer you look at the 120 the more impressive it is
I mean, its no OD12 or anything but pretty damn nice
I had to say that
Old 11-16-2008, 10:50 PM   #220
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by odpurple View Post
Nutso's car looked great, he is doing an outstanding job on it. That Serpent is one beautiful car, 1/12th is all about the details and the closer you look at the 120 the more impressive it is
I mean, its no OD12 or anything but pretty damn nice
I had to say that
It's your birthday...Say what you want...

I won't knock on you until tomorrow...

Happy B-day kiddo.

Bill
Old 11-17-2008, 10:53 AM   #221
Tech Apprentice

Have you Nor-Cal guys come up with what will be run at some of the local tracks,Ripon, Nor-Cal and Chico? This sounds like a fun class with a lot less mantaince on motors and batts. I have been out of the loop for few years but the brush-less and LiPO part of it really has me wanting to start racing again. Could you come up with a baseline for equipment, such as tires, motor size and batts. I saw on RC Racing that LiPOs were not going to be used at Chico, and was wondering if the rules are going to change with each location? Looks like its time to dig all of the RC stuff out of the closet, I think there might even be a 1/12 car in there. Thanks Bill
TheOtherBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 11:37 AM   #222
Tech Elite

33 entries in World GT for the Cleveland race
Old 11-17-2008, 08:54 PM   #223
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOtherBill View Post
Have you Nor-Cal guys come up with what will be run at some of the local tracks,Ripon, Nor-Cal and Chico? This sounds like a fun class with a lot less mantaince on motors and batts. I have been out of the loop for few years but the brush-less and LiPO part of it really has me wanting to start racing again. Could you come up with a baseline for equipment, such as tires, motor size and batts. I saw on RC Racing that LiPOs were not going to be used at Chico, and was wondering if the rules are going to change with each location? Looks like its time to dig all of the RC stuff out of the closet, I think there might even be a 1/12 car in there. Thanks Bill
Bill,

Just come over to the local website www.rcracing.com for the local skinny.

Good to see you back amigo.

Still Bill
Old 11-17-2008, 09:11 PM   #224
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Word has it that someone tall might be running the OD rent a ride for some practice laps this weekend
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 09:14 PM   #225
Tech Elite

hmmm, a tall dark stranger?