Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
PPD TC setup plates. TC5, Mi3, Xray, Cyclone and ?? >

PPD TC setup plates. TC5, Mi3, Xray, Cyclone and ??

PPD TC setup plates. TC5, Mi3, Xray, Cyclone and ??

Old 10-16-2008, 10:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Just ordered my TC5 plate...can't wait to use it Kev! Thanks for putting together great products! My EZ LiPo setup still gets a lot of praise at the track.
Old 10-16-2008, 11:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Catalyst
Just ordered my TC5 plate...can't wait to use it Kev! Thanks for putting together great products! My EZ LiPo setup still gets a lot of praise at the track.
You should have it in time for the regionals.... Maybe I can let you touch my 1 of 2 Verndog did leave it open for the plates to lock together and form Voltron.....LOL At the track we'll have a TC5, HB, and MI3. Two more and we'll have all the lions Damn I need to get out more
Old 10-16-2008, 11:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I see that! Thank you as well!
I believe you may have gotten the last one...I'll have to check when I get home this eve. I almost ran 5 of the Cyclone plates as TC5's instead....should of, would of. Oh well...I'll update the site and get a request list going. When I hit 5 I build more.

Originally Posted by STLNLST
You should have it in time for the regionals.... Maybe I can let you touch my 1 of 2 Verndog did leave it open for the plates to lock together and form Voltron.....LOL At the track we'll have a TC5, HB, and MI3. Two more and we'll have all the lions Damn I need to get out more
Damnnn....I'm going to have to give you a PPD banner with my fugly dog face on it!
Thanks xxx for the support...you guys rock!
Old 10-16-2008, 12:50 PM
Tech Adept

verndog,

just another kudo from a happy cyclone plate owner!
quickest rebuild i have done yet when i only have to fix the bulkheads and decks once without ANY rock in the chassis afterwards.
gotta say if your picky about getting your setup this product is the beeZneez!

thanks for a great product.
Old 10-16-2008, 02:42 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Verndog
I see that! Thank you as well!
I believe you may have gotten the last one...I'll have to check when I get home this eve. I almost ran 5 of the Cyclone plates as TC5's instead....should of, would of. Oh well...I'll update the site and get a request list going. When I hit 5 I build more.

Damnnn....I'm going to have to give you a PPD banner with my fugly dog face on it!
Thanks xxx for the support...you guys rock!
That dog kind of looks like one of our local racers so I wouldn't want him thinking that I'm stalking him.....LOL No need for the thanks....Thank you for a great product. I changed my mind about going down to the 4000 and will stick with my 5000 so I won't need the lipo plate
Old 10-16-2008, 03:29 PM
Tech Regular

VOLTRON! As long as I'm the Blue Lion based on Associated's anodizing :P

You don't need any additional weight with your 5000? I still use my PPD base plate and side weight setup with the SMC5000 and it's perfect without additional lead weights in the TC5...weighed in last weekend at 1528
Old 10-16-2008, 03:44 PM
Tech Champion

VOLTRON! As long as I'm the Blue Lion based on Associated's anodizing :P

You don't need any additional weight with your 5000? I still use my PPD base plate and side weight setup with the SMC5000 and it's perfect without additional lead weights in the TC5...weighed in last weekend at 1528
You have the base plate....I don't. I think it would put the battery too high and hit the bulk head. I could be wrong but it's too close to even chance getting one. I do have weight attached to the battery though. It was the only way to get the side to side balance I needed.
Old 10-16-2008, 03:48 PM
Tech Regular

I don't think the base plate adds much height but I had room and sounds like yours might be a tighter fit. The majority of the weight is keyed into the battery slots so it's pretty low profile. I'm sure Kevin could tell you how thick the main plate is.
Old 10-16-2008, 04:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Verndog
i thought the idea was to sell more stuff??
Old 10-16-2008, 05:08 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tomracing
verndog,

just another kudo from a happy cyclone plate owner!
quickest rebuild i have done yet when i only have to fix the bulkheads and decks once without ANY rock in the chassis afterwards.
gotta say if your picky about getting your setup this product is the beeZneez!

thanks for a great product.
Sounds like it made it there pretty quick.
I see you run mod with that Cyclone...I would think that tweak plate will come in quite handy at that.
Great too hear of another happy customer...Next time someone tells you your Cyclone Rocks...you'll need to correct them now.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:33 PM
Tech Regular

Mine arrived today - this thing is beautiful! Thanks for a great product and I was impressed with everything that came out of the box!
Old 10-21-2008, 06:27 PM
Tech Master

Mine arrived today - this thing is beautiful! Thanks for a great product and I was impressed with everything that came out of the box!
Exxxxxxcellent!!

Now go get her dialed and kick some poor unsuspecting Xrays arss!
Old 10-21-2008, 10:23 PM
Tech Elite

Default Any word on the Xray 008 yet?

PM when they are done, so I can pay A.S.A.P. I will prepay if I can get a shipping date. Thanks
Old 10-23-2008, 03:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Is the 416 plate still going to happen? I was thinking the other day that it would be pretty easy to make a generic plate, you would need slots for the clamp screws so they can slide in and out to accomodate different shape chassis, and you could make larger cutouts or slots to accomodate a range of bulkhead screw locations
Old 10-23-2008, 03:24 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by over gear
sorry to hear that... but Tamiya driver won't do that to you, right guys?

i would pre-paid if you do a 416 plate.
Originally Posted by CraigM
Is the 416 plate still going to happen? I was thinking the other day that it would be pretty easy to make a generic plate, you would need slots for the clamp screws so they can slide in and out to accomodate different shape chassis, and you could make larger cutouts or slots to accomodate a range of bulkhead screw locations
i used the plate on my 416...... just had to dremel two spots. better than waiting for a custom one. dremel where the motor mount brace is..and where the servo holder is. takes about 3 mins to do. now i have a plate on my car and im happy.

let me know if you guys need pix.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.