Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Favouritism and biasness at Tamiya Asian Championship Final? >

Favouritism and biasness at Tamiya Asian Championship Final?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Favouritism and biasness at Tamiya Asian Championship Final?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 09:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Francis, believe me when I meant we really walked out on all the price giving ceremony and none of us attended the drivers dinner party. If that was not vocal and clear enough for the officials and organizers, then I think we would have to resort to physical violence to make our cause known.
Old 09-09-2008, 09:41 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mikecan8
Francis, believe me when I meant we really walked out on all the price giving ceremony and none of us attended the drivers dinner party. If that was not vocal and clear enough for the officials and organizers, then I think we would have to resort to physical violence to make our cause known.

Protesting a the prize giving ceremony means the race was over and kinda makes it too late to rectify things...To be honest it also looks like sour grapes on your part. What I meant was protesting on the spot when you see an infraction being taken and can still be proved...
Old 09-09-2008, 09:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I don't understand the idea of a motor RPM limit.

If you set it too low, you'll disallow some otherwise legal non-cheater motors.

If you set it safely beyond the upper limits of motor performance variation, you're sending out a message to all the cheaters that this is the amount of the cheating that can be tolerated, so they should cheat accordingly.

If you move it about on race day, it shows you don't know what you're doing.

You can't win.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:49 AM
Tech Adept

Historically, Japanese were never up front about admitting their wrong doings, unless they get bombed.

Originally Posted by edison_c
With the Japanese integrity and moral of the culture, I believe they would do the right thing and reinstate what was done wrong in the first place. If not, I cannot forsee what would happen if the right thing is not done.
Old 09-09-2008, 01:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (89%+)

to be honest, this would have never happened if a particular inspector i know was there.

this guy was real strict with the rules. he can actually smell the difference if your motor was not running honestly.

in 2005, when TAC was in Singapore, he nearly got into a fight with some of the team leaders of at least 2 countries because he refused to reverse a decision that DQ'ed some of their drivers due to tech violations. turns out he was right and the officials backed up the inspector and the decisions were upheld.

last year in Taiwan, after the last runs were held, all of the cars were impounded and were stripped down to component parts. even the tires were cut open to check the inserts. even thought it seemed fair, i thought it was too late to catch those that did cheat on the earlier runs...

i just wish that the inspectors this year really did their jobs right but it seems not...
Old 09-09-2008, 03:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Vyger
However, the winner of the mini class did read between the line of the rules and ran an overly stuffed tired in his mini. This gave him more roll out and made his car appear faster, so he was a person others where whispering about.
Not only does the overstuffed tire increase the rollout a little, it will also decrease rolling resistance at higher speeds. The corner grip is made up buy allowing the car to roll and get camber gain to increase contact pacth.

I say, time for Spec Capped tires, even though I don't play with Tamiya Toys.
Old 09-09-2008, 06:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

where is next timiya asian cup???
After what has happened, do you think there will be participants?

If the are participants, its either they dont know what they are in for or only just the "cheaters" trying thier luck again.

I dont think I would want to spend anymore $$$ and effort for even the TAC qualifying rounds let alone the finals.
Old 09-09-2008, 06:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Francis M.
Protesting a the prize giving ceremony means the race was over and kinda makes it too late to rectify things...To be honest it also looks like sour grapes on your part. What I meant was protesting on the spot when you see an infraction being taken and can still be proved...

Francis,

Try this for intelligence .....obviously we would already have protested and protested and protested again would we then stage the walk out...
Old 09-09-2008, 07:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bulldog2
Francis,

Try this for intelligence .....obviously we would already have protested and protested and protested again would we then stage the walk out...

If you read previous posts, people just used words like observed, saw, and other vague discriptions of what they think happened or what they heard happened. I didn't see a post saying that you protested on the spot... I was Just curious as to what happened when....
Old 09-09-2008, 07:36 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Favouritism-biasness-tamiya

This rule was not followed and honored(following a protest) despite evidence of no-show of himself or a representative for marshalling. The protest was made with evidence of a photograph of an empty marshal post.
Pretty clear here dood
Old 09-09-2008, 07:41 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Tommi Makkinen
to be honest, this would have never happened if a particular inspector i know was there.

this guy was real strict with the rules. he can actually smell the difference if your motor was not running honestly.

in 2005, when TAC was in Singapore, he nearly got into a fight with some of the team leaders of at least 2 countries because he refused to reverse a decision that DQ'ed some of their drivers due to tech violations. turns out he was right and the officials backed up the inspector and the decisions were upheld.

last year in Taiwan, after the last runs were held, all of the cars were impounded and were stripped down to component parts. even the tires were cut open to check the inserts. even thought it seemed fair, i thought it was too late to catch those that did cheat on the earlier runs...

i just wish that the inspectors this year really did their jobs right but it seems not...
on the final day the 2 inspector did do thier job as the a main finals all the cars are inspected by clown as the cars are impounded for checking the taiwan inspector find any problem he consulted the clown its the clown final decision to dq or not i think mr park can proof this he was disqualified for ride height by this inspector which nearly cuosed his tq time on last qualifying
Old 09-09-2008, 10:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by old-man

I dont think I would want to spend anymore $$$ and effort for even the TAC qualifying rounds let alone the finals.
It would be hard to imagine a hardcore Tamiya racer like you and the rest would opt out for TAC next year. Emotions are high i can understand... Kudos to you, you did really well in your run and was rather unfortunate no thanks to the fiasco created. Either way, we are proud to have a Malaysian in the A-Main podium! Bravo...

Winning with style, honesty and upholding the rules are the epitome of true winners...

But... on a brighter side, you guys "carpet raiders" are more than welcome to join us asphalt racers on our m-chassis series next year! its going to be a blast... need not worry, should we want to control the motor, its fairly simple n easy, only hand it out for installation 5 minutes before race...aint that simple and easy? Avoids any slightest chance of opportunity for cheaters to be...and then we can have a level playng field...

Regards,
Old 09-09-2008, 10:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by sim600
I don't understand the idea of a motor RPM limit.

If you set it too low, you'll disallow some otherwise legal non-cheater motors.

If you set it safely beyond the upper limits of motor performance variation, you're sending out a message to all the cheaters that this is the amount of the cheating that can be tolerated, so they should cheat accordingly.

If you move it about on race day, it shows you don't know what you're doing.

You can't win.
SIM,

I really love the way you mentioned .............a true intellectual....

Old 09-10-2008, 04:50 AM
Tech Initiate

It is really unfair to disclose just one side.

I'm one of the player in this TAC. Those info here is not the real truth.

1. For the buggy.
Yes, Thailand player have not do the marshaling duties on final 2.
But, why not telling him about this after stock class final 2(which the Thailand player need to be marshaling at that round) and wait until Buggy final 3 finish. And if you decide to DQ him, why collect his buggy and dis-assembly it? Do this mean someone want to set a trap for him? It is really unfair coz Thailand player have no chance to get back his title on round 3, as his car already collect and dis-assembly, and then I DQ you second round marks.

All these issue is really the fault of the TAC organizer, so I agree he can keep his title. This is not the player break the rules, is the organizer fault.

2. For the mini
For 18000rpm story, they only said champion got some motor over 18000rpm. But the truth is not.

First, 18000rpm change to 18500rpm, as some player heard the limit of 18000rpm, they check their motor and found it is over. Those player got this motor, they hand out this kind of motor to the organizer immediately and let them to check it. No one make modification on it, it is already check by the organizer. And the organizer find this problem, so they change it to 18500rpm. If you think it is unfair, how about get three pack of batteries and one pack already dead but no exchange, that happen to us but we dont want to mention, coz two batteries still can finish those race.

Second, it is not true that the Hong Kong champion got a motor over 18000rpm at the final. The truth is that motor only got 175xxrpm. And the champion car is not fast, we have the video of that 3 final round to prove it. And the comm, yes, it is smaller, but the judge cant find any evidence of modify the comm or the end bell have been open. One Korean player come and said he can make it at that time, and said other team got such equipment(WOW!). But, when someone ask this Korean player show them how to make it perfectly, he silent go alway immediately.

It is not easy to use such Hudy stock comm lether to make a perfectly smooth suface as you have to set the knife perfectly position and cut the comm in different direction. If you can do that, you can still hurt the faber ring at the end. But the champion motor comm is smooth, no hurting faber ring, no evidence of end bell open. I really want to know how come someone said he can make it and the Japanese judge already said he can't make it already. If the Korean player really show them how to make it..... Then it will be another big story.

Here are the video of the Mini class final
Final 1
http://hk.youtube.com/watch?v=_IXLcFoj2dY
Final 2
http://hk.youtube.com/watch?v=aF-v5WV0W5Y
Final 3
http://hk.youtube.com/watch?v=5yi5xOiHeaI

I can said that the Korean player mini is really fast. He lose is not because of Hong Kong Player car fast, is beacuse he have crash.

Pls be fair to every one and dont just disclosing something that advantage to himself and cover the real truth.
Old 09-10-2008, 05:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

First, 18000rpm change to 18500rpm, as some player heard the limit of 18000rpm, they check their motor and found it is over. Those player got this motor, they hand out this kind of motor to the organizer immediately and let them to check it. No one make modification on it, it is already check by the organizer. And the organizer find this problem, so they change it to 18500rpm

you must be someone who have not been playing rc eletric for very long there is com lathe for non rebuild able stock motor where you can com without taking out end bell please google for it ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.