R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-09-2008, 10:55 AM   #16
Tech Regular
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pgeldz View Post
Not sure how much it would be worth as a collector's car anyway. The box wasn't sealed (but neither were any of my Tamiya cars so maybe that's how they came back in the day), and had some wear on the lower right hand side. The guy opened it up for me though and everything was 100% in order, brand new with all factory taped bags, etc.
If I recall correctly all of the kits sold in the US were shrink-wrapped, the body kits were not. Some of the body kits even had cuts started around the wheel wells.

Here's a pic of my TA03F-Pro converted to TA03R (it even won a 2 hr enduro race at the Tamiya track with an 11T Dbl!) Has FRP chassis, but all of the hop-ups except for the battery holder bits (seven are visible in the second pic, see if you can find where I drilled a hole for a transponder.) Kept up well enough in its day, and still a good car for someone getting into the hobby because it has a lot of chassis setting options. The plastic is still hard as heck. Black bulkhead plastic (and black rims) were used for the DJ and TRF versions, and gray was used on the Pro and all other kits.
Attached Thumbnails
Found a new in box TA03F Pro David Jun edition!-ta03r_frp3_small.jpg   Found a new in box TA03F Pro David Jun edition!-ta03r_frp5.jpg_small.jpg  
"After the third flip, I lost control............"

Last edited by BobbyS; 09-09-2008 at 12:11 PM.
BobbyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 05:57 AM   #17
Tech Addict

Well guys, I finally broke down and got both kits :

Item # 58189, Alfa Romeo 155 V6 TI (TA03F)

Item # 58200, David Jun TA03F Pro Limited Edition

They are both brand new in the box. Both boxes are not shrink wrapped (maybe they didnít come like that in Japan?), and the David Jun box has some wear on the lower right hand corner. Since the boxes arenít sealed, I opened them up to make sure everything was inside, and what a surpriseÖ

Everything is sealed, 100% brand new, in its original packaging!

I brought them home and my wife took one look and got furious!!! She told me to return them STAT, which of course I canít do Ė the owner wonít take them back (and I canít really blame him, theyíve been sitting in his shop for like 12 years).

So, Iím kinda at a crossroads. These are such a rare find that I really donít want to sell them. Man, even if I keep one of them, I donít know which one to keep. The DJ version comes with all the goodies in it, so naturally I want to build that one for drifting, On the other hand, that version is more likely to sell, so my wife would happier that I may be able to get rid of it sooner.

If I did keep it, itís so special that Iíd almost feel bad putting the wear and tear on it by drifting it. And the regular version doesnít have any hop ups so if I built that one Iíd have to locate all the hard-to-find stuffÖ

These were pretty expensive so Iím not looking to lose money right away either. Hell, at $500 for both kits, Iíd still lose money (the guy wanted box price for them). ARGGHH!!! What to do, what to do.

- Paulie
pgeldz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 09:00 AM   #18
Tech Addict
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

man i envy you, keep both. use the TA03F for drifting, and store the DJ as a collection.
Minami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 08:23 PM   #19
Gravity RC

Yea, i wouldn't run the dj kit atall. even though it was expensive i think it was worth it.
Paul L is offline   Reply With Quote