Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First time running One-Way Front Diff

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2003, 11:42 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by CustomfibreR/C
Sorry to say but you DO adjust ride height via your threaded shock collars.
You will notice that there is a fair bit of up and down movement of the spring on the damper when you have it removed from the car and the collar is right at the top. By reducing the amount of free play the spring has on the damper you effectively adjust the ride height. You are not meant to screw the collar down so it actually starts to compress the spring.
This has been the case on all the cars I have owned to date

Any one care to back me up....
yes you are correct.. I missunderstood what he was saying...
Old 09-07-2003, 11:50 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by teamAE
you drive a shui at socal? Next time there come find me I got a great setup for ya. Also if Don V is there he acn help you alot, hes a team driver.
Who might you be? What might your name be? Who might I look for? I will be there this Saturday for sure. I have raced with don v NUMEROUS times back at hobby central back in the day... hes pretty awesome.
Old 09-08-2003, 10:53 AM
Tech Elite

If your ESC allows it, disable auto-brakes. This will help a lot. Alternatively, adjust the speed center, so the car crawls a little, when the trigger is in neutral position.
Old 09-08-2003, 12:05 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Cole Trickle
If your ESC allows it, disable auto-brakes. This will help a lot. Alternatively, adjust the speed center, so the car crawls a little, when the trigger is in neutral position.
Well if I just lay off the throttle, the car will coast quite a ways.. I cant even figure out how to add auto-break. I turned the break dial all the way up on my esc (clockwise) doesn't seem to do anything at all.

What will advancing the throttle trim do for me? (to make the car crawl forward)