R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-29-2008, 04:56 PM   #16
Tech Apprentice

I looked for a lipo that was small enough to fit in the older JRXS without any luck. One problem is that they are too long and the rear diff bulkhead would have to be cut away until there wouldn't be any material left. The bigger problem is the width of the lipo will not fit in between the centre shaft pulleys. If someone finds one that is small enough please post here.

One option might be too run saddle pack on either side and place the electronics in the middle where the batteries used to be. The lipo would stick out past the chassis and be subject to getting hit. You'd have to remove two of the 4 rear posts which would hurt the torsional stiffness and figure out a way to strap the batteries in. The weight would still be centered.

Another crazy idea might be to find a longer rear belt that could be re-routed up and over a lipo that was installed sideways in the chassis. You'd need small bearings or pulleys to get the belt up and over the lipo. The small XXX-S pulley might work.

Easier to get a JRXS-R.
Tuner EM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 05:46 PM   #17
Tech Regular
Default Lipo

There are a few soft pack lipos out there that will fit, after some sleuthing of my own (MAXAMPs 4000 HV and a Thunder Power ProLite). But now for the next question; will ROAR allow a softpack with the MAXAMPs custom hardcase installed?

raj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 06:02 PM   #18
Tech Regular
Default O.K. got it.

According to the 2008 ROAR battery guidlines, "no end User
installed cases are acceptable." They must be installed by either a manufacturer or a VAR. O.K, we proceed from here?

PS, I am pursuing this because I think there might other vehicles and applications that will benefit from this information.

raj1 is offline   Reply With Quote