R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Xcelorin 9400kv vs CastleWorks 5400kc (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/239371-xcelorin-9400kv-vs-castleworks-5400kc.html)

jaminit 08-27-2008 10:52 AM

Xcelorin 9400kv vs CastleWorks 5400kc

I recently purchased a combo Xcelorin 9400 kv and it was shot out the box. When I found out it would be like 3-4 weeks for it to be replaced I went out and purchased Castle works 5400kv to have something to bash in between. I installed last night and did a few test runs with a 2 cell lipo 1900mah battery. I was impressed but not blown away. I went in the house and grabbed a 3 cell lipo 1250 mah. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOw:weird: I have a Jato 3.3 with an os .18 modded and although this wasn't as fast it was prett damn close. Now Im new to electric but from what I understand the 9400kv "should be almost twice as fast. Does anyone have both and if not how fast can these mini T's go?????

Trips 08-27-2008 12:37 PM

The KV rating is a measure of no-load RPM per volt. It doesn't indicate how much power the motor is making, just how fast it is spinning. Since power is a measur of both RPM and torque, you really can't tell how powerful a motor is by its KV rating. I doubt it will be twice as fast once geared properly.

jaminit 08-27-2008 01:38 PM

thanks for the info. like I said I am new when it comes to electric. Do you think it will be faster? After all based on what your saying it will be spinning quite abit faster. I geuss either way I am blown away with my current system and couldnt imagine it going any faster and if it does "yee ha".

sixshootertexan 08-27-2008 07:18 PM

What went out the esc or the motor? I have been looking at the motor to purchase and use with a mamba controller.

jaminit 08-28-2008 11:16 AM

I would imagine it was the ESC. I programmed to my futaba reciever and the programming went smooth. I turned ESC off, on and checked the steering, fine. I hit the throttle engine spun for like 5 seconds and stopped. At that point I had steering but no respose at all from the engine. I reprogrammed and same thing engine spun a little then stopped. After reprogramming for the third time, POOF. Smoke poored out of the little hole on the esc. Now at first I thought is was something I had done. I found out the turn around for the replacement was gonna be like 3-4 weeks so I went out and bought a Castle works 5400kv. The packaging and system apeared to be of much less quality than the Xcelorin but the set up was simple and it flies. I am running it with a 3 cell 1250 mah battery and WOW!!! I read a few threads of people running into the same problem right out the box but I also read overwhelming positive reviews. I am soooooo impressed with how the MINI T responded to the 5400kv I cant wait to throw the 9400kv system in. Once I get it back I'll pm you my review.

heretic 08-30-2008 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by jaminit (Post 4783379)
. I am soooooo impressed with how the MINI T responded to the 5400kv I cant wait to throw the 9400kv system in. Once I get it back I'll pm you my review.

You'll do endless backflips and griproll ,the tires will unglue ,the transmission will more or less explode , and you'll end up breaking and/or melting the car. it' won't last long but it may be fun, though...:)

jaminit 08-30-2008 08:36 AM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
:nod:Now Thats Sounds Like FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!!!!