Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
**My SICK RC car senior PRANK PLAN! Help make it WORK! There Will be video! >

**My SICK RC car senior PRANK PLAN! Help make it WORK! There Will be video!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

**My SICK RC car senior PRANK PLAN! Help make it WORK! There Will be video!

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2003, 09:52 AM
Tech Rookie

Lightbulb **My SICK RC car senior PRANK PLAN! Help make it WORK! There Will be video!

For one of many senior pranks planned this year to bring my school to it's knees in a tasteful comedic way, i have added a new stunt to my lineup, it goes as follows.
During this MONDAYS senior introduction assembly (400+ people), the principal goes over school rules and whatnot in the auditorium. The principal stands at a podium on the stage with a microphone and just talks.
So the plan is as follows:
An hour before the assembly I will plant a payloaded RC car under the curtain of the stage.. The RC car is preety powerful for a cheapo electric car, so the car will have no trouble getting through the lightweight cloth curtain. The car is an oldschool tyco rebound 4X4 if you care.
I will keep the controller in a cargo pocket with the antenna running through a hole in my pants; I can operate the controller with 1 hand, and it looks super stealthy. In the middle of his speech at the perfect moment, i'll drive the car out, and hotdog a little bit, do some 360's, some flips, and make the principal chase it around for a lil, etc. HOWEVER! the payload is still in question. Maybe just a big picture, or maybe some bells, and perhaps something a bit more destructive can be implemented.
My problem is sometimes when i have the antenna of the transmitter covered by my pants material, it only works like 15-20 feet, any ways too boost the signal, or maybe make the antenna on the RC car more receptive. I tried connecting the internal antenna but that made it quarky, i figured commercial RC car antennas are cut perfectly for the signal, so i left it alone, any ideas!?

AND IT WILL MOST LIKELY BE VIDEOTAPED, SO YOULL GET TO SEE YOUR IDEA IN ACTION!!!!!!
Old 09-06-2003, 12:43 PM
Tech Rookie

wtf, 62 views and not one reply, thanks for the hospitable welcome to your forum.
Old 09-06-2003, 01:54 PM
Tech Regular

Ok first off the r/c cars and trucks we are talking about in this forum go faster turn better and are interchangeble. You might want to get a cheap but still good r/c hobby grade, like this. It has about a 1/4 mile radius so you can easily control it from wherever you sit. your best bet though is to stay out of sight somehow cause controllers are going to be hard to fit into your pocket.

btw, you might want to put a sign on the top of the car that says something like "the principal stinks"
Old 09-06-2003, 02:01 PM
Tech Elite

Default SICK RC car senior

wtf, 62 views and not one reply, thanks for the hospitable welcome to your forum.
Sorry, but most of us here quit playing with Tyco RC's a long time ago.
Old 09-06-2003, 02:02 PM
Tech Elite

Default An Experiment

traxxasdude;

I see that you've recovered from the Brass Strip experiment.