Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1/12 Tc...why???!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2003, 04:30 PM
Tech Elite

Sorry about that, Back to topic.

If they were built for just fun they wouldn't have almost unlimited adjustability.
Old 09-07-2003, 04:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Evoracer
We're kinda getting off track but you guys are bringing up some good points that I hope a few new drivers might see.
Darkseid brings up a great point and something that should become the theme for more clubs,tracks and races. FUN !!! There's a big difference between telling a new racer the benefits of buying good batteries and telling a new racer that they won't be a competitive driver without good batteries !!!!
Anyways, back to the question of 1/12 TC's. Darkseid, I can't help but think that the manufacturers are just as guilty as we are. These cars are not being designed or marketed as "funmobiles". Then again,that was my original question....just what the heck is their purpose and why would you buy one????
The points are beleaguered. It seems to me that everyone is voicing their ideas why maunufacturers are making them, and why people are going to buy them.
Old 09-08-2003, 04:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default It's been tried before!

Anyone else remember RoadRunner? They had a 1/10 scale TC (which was very successful, BTW) and also a smaller 4WD belt driven TC. Remember HPI's RS4 Mini? Not quite the same, but it was a 4WD belt driven car (albiet, 6 cell) that had many parts in common with the original RS4. What about the Yokomo Compact? It looks like the main difference now is 4 cells rather than 6.

I think that it can work, but like other's have said, it will eventually creep over the top in terms of hop-ups etc.

"WHY???!!!" Because people are always looking towards the next thing, and manufacturers want to be the first to the punch!

I still don't understand the Monster Truck R/C fad?
Old 09-08-2003, 08:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Who says racing isn't fun?? I have had several "for fun" bashers... and the same thing happens every time..... I play with them for 10 minutes and then bore quite quickly because nobody is racing them!!!!

Why will these mini's have an advantage over the origional mini??? Because there are tons of mini owners that are itching to run them agian.... so they pick up the new mini crowd, a few nostalgic former mini owners that remember how fun mini's where and the guys who have mini's collecting dust on a shelf or in the basement somewhere.... and the class starts popping up everywhere.....

REMEMBER 10 years ago there where tons of Pro10 drivers that said "this touring thing is just a fad!"
There where also nitro guys that where saying "Nitro is just for the elite few, never for the novice" Also tehre where those saying "nothing on-road will ever be bigger than oval" HMMMM??????

BTW: I ran my mod during practice after the races and you can even ask Fatdoggy..... I actually drove better than did with my stock!!!! So your "cars are getting too fast theory is just crap, if you can't handle the speed maybe you need to reacess your racing career......

BTW: For the stock main Fatdoggy found the absolute best hop-up ever to ensure the win.... a 250lb. gorilla to put his fat feet infront of by car while I was going full speed down the straight!!!LOL
Old 09-08-2003, 10:08 AM
Tech Elite

people get tired of what they have and are always looking to something different, they want change humans are their own enamy and manufactures know this.
i ran six cell modified pancar in its heyday of the late 80's and early 90's the people that were complaining were the people that couldnt afford it. guys racing isnt cheap. just because we race model cars dont make it different.
i would see a place for twelth scale touring cars. people like the look of small cars when you have a few manufactures making a car then it will become popular, much unlike mini z and the micro that were only pushed by one manufacture people like choice especially when it comes to competition, 12 scale is the best foremat and the people that are are trynig it for the first are seeing what the old school guys like me have known for a long time that,
there can be fun in racing and going fast for a reasonable price is a reality.
the only reason touring car became popular is that you could run them on unprepard parking lot which i can see the new 12 scale touring car doing, ill stick to my 12 scale pancar its my F1 tor car , i wish 1/10 six cell modified pancar would comeback but hey you got to deal with what you got.
but hey 12 scale for life and its coming back hard.
Old 09-08-2003, 11:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The thing people don't remember from back in the day is that racing was so much more expensize!! Good matched batteries cost $125-$200, decent servos where all over $100!!! and you couldn't find a race quality speedo , even a low end model for under $100!!! Touring popularity grew as prices went down, and pro10 guys didn't help their cause much by making newbees feel like there was a "black art" to tuning a pancar.... Most of the pro10 guys went to 1/12th to keep the pancar masses up, tourers kept growing because you could race a car that looked just like the one you drove to the track in!! Why has 1/10th oval pan kept strong, because the "old gaurd" kept at it and learned...they started edjucating new racers, and the growth in popularity of Nascar also helped pull them thru.... Not to mention that they began racing spec classes that tailor mor to new racers to keep the attendance up during slumps!!!

Now I'm off to work!!
Old 09-08-2003, 11:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

after surfing a Japanese site, ending up thru links on German, British, French and 4 other Euro countries.......Actually 1/12 scale is very big and popular due to space. lots of very nice tracks indoor and outside. but small in many cases for touring.

in 12th pan cars there is some serious innovation going on overseas. like what was going on in the late 80's and now happening again. Look at the US....Trinity releasing a new car (one may say why there? they were winning near all races with the switchblade), Speed Merchant new front end (still waiting), IRS chassis conversion and also working on a new front end and may release their own car kit this 12th racing season. Corally released a new conversion kit for their 12th cars. Rumor has it that team ASSOC is redoing theirs.

so it makes sense that Yok and Xray made 1/12 tourers

with stock 27T motors they will be slow, but with 4-cell i predict they will run at least 19T motors in stk.
Old 09-08-2003, 02:12 PM
Tech Elite

guys the 1/12 is as close as you can get to real racing with an electric motor. you have to keep a rythum( a pace ) and at the same time conserve as much battery to finish the race.
youre driving has to be presise because the racing is close, but at the same time if you fall back you have time to catch up .
xtra 3 minutes is a long time when your racing and trying not to dump and today thats not a big concern. 12 scale is a size that cant fit in a small track 6 ft lanes and the speed is fast these 12 scale sedans may not need that much eqipment to mantain , i remember racing pancar back in the day all you needed was a plano fishing box and that housed evrything ex, batts ,charger , tires and spare parts.
nowadays you need a nascar hauler to race. maybee this might be the savior of rc and entries might comeback up . because of resparked intrest. hey i for it .as long as 1/12 pancar isnt hurt because this class is staring to regain popularity again worldwide even here in the U.S ,
Old 09-08-2003, 02:25 PM
Tech Master

Well, the touring cars eliminated 1/10th pan as a recognized class... I'd say that it's an evil conspiracy to eliminate all pan cars forever!
Old 09-08-2003, 02:29 PM
Tech Elite

julio have you been to the track . we actually still run 12 scale pancars
we get about 15 to 20 entries at the state races and about 10 at the indoor track in west palm. comeup and check it out.
Old 09-08-2003, 03:05 PM
Tech Master

This class has already gotten fairly big at one of my local tracks, with only the Yok car available. We have a indoor track that is just slightly too small for 1/10th TC. 1/12th pancar is pretty popular at the track. A lot of people have already bought the Yok car and are running them with 19t motors. The racing is fast and very close. Now with the X-ray it will make it even bigger.
Old 09-08-2003, 03:43 PM
Tech Elite

If we were at RC "Day One", and people at my local club had to choose between 4-cell minis, and 6-cell tourers, I think most people would go for the minis, cos our track is small, and you could get much more race action out of the smaller cars (more space for corners and overtaking). And 4-cell is much easier on motors - nowadays we're just ripping motors apart on 6-cells.

But unfortunately, we're already on 6-cell, and I don't see the majority of people changing over. A couple of people may try them out, but I've got a feeling that the extra straight line speed and established market for 6-cells will win through.
Old 09-09-2003, 12:39 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by IMPACTPLAYR
BTW: I ran my mod during practice after the races and you can even ask Fatdoggy..... I actually drove better than did with my stock!!!! So your "cars are getting too fast theory is just crap, if you can't handle the speed maybe you need to reacess your racing career......

BTW: For the stock main Fatdoggy found the absolute best hop-up ever to ensure the win.... a 250lb. gorilla to put his fat feet infront of by car while I was going full speed down the straight!!!LOL
Old 09-09-2003, 11:53 AM
Tech Elite

if assoicated comes out with one than the racing is on.
12 scale shaft drive yea yea!
Old 09-09-2003, 12:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by speedxl
if assoicated comes out with one than the racing is on.
12 scale shaft drive yea yea!
No he said that there's a rumore that AE is *redoing*(updating) there 1/12th pan.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.