Community
Wiki Posts
Search

'08 worlds and new tc's?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 09:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default '08 worlds and new tc's?

hey all: With the worlds coming up later this year what's the latest on new or updated tc's as we get closer the this event? I've heard yokomo and corally are working on something new,but who else? Also any chance the "pro 10" cars will ever be brought back as an ifma worlds class? Thanks
Old 08-24-2008, 09:28 AM
Tech Master

Wait a second, as i know Japan Super Expert nationals will be in the end of September, i am convinced at least on that time some prototype chassis of japanese factories(Tamiya, HB, Kyosho and Yokomo) will be shown up:

Tamiya - Is just a small upgraded kit will release, in the case i think it's good enough, ex: TRF416MRS.

HB - Maybe not a totally new design car in JMRCA, still the old chassis but with some prototype parts for the coming soon all new chassis in the Worlds.

Kyosho - Even from JMRCA TO Worlds, should be same 1 of Adachi-san was using in previous international events, maybe with some new parts.

Yokomo - Will be improved car of that prototype 1 shown by Hirosaka-san in some previous international events. As I heard from the comments of a Yokomo car fans, this car should be very alike of TC5R, even the parts design then car running behaviour.
As we remember the previous cars of Yokomo was followed mostly from AE.(I like this 1)

Last edited by mac853; 08-24-2008 at 09:39 AM.
Old 08-24-2008, 10:01 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Here's an idea for a new touring car. How about a TC that cost over $500? If anyone is wondering why Tc is dying, is due to the price tag.
Old 08-24-2008, 10:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Well Associated definitely need to bring something new to Thailand.

Otherwise they might just as well not bother...

Same for Losi but I guess they will do just that....not bother I mean...
Old 08-24-2008, 11:15 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by K Feath
Here's an idea for a new touring car. How about a TC that cost over $500? If anyone is wondering why Tc is dying, is due to the price tag.
I am not sure how about in US nor other places outside of Asia, just depend which country, but i am confidence TC is still growing up.
If is really not well, why TM and Serpent insist entering in TC market?
As you could see TC races has lot of type of categories, this could see how big is in this area.

Originally Posted by kentech
Well Associated definitely need to bring something new to Thailand.

Otherwise they might just as well not bother...

Same for Losi but I guess they will do just that....not bother I mean...
For myself, TC5R is still really good, i am not too much worried about it, if really comparing with Losi, with that unfamous style of design, without any upgrade version in these years.

Last edited by mac853; 08-24-2008 at 11:28 AM.
Old 08-24-2008, 12:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

well its def dying around here in the states... offroad it skyrocketing now... look at the pros not racing touring cars now and pretty much sticking with nitro offroad or just offroad in general... i know Todd Hodge is only running offroad and Craig D. is running offroad along with Hara as soon as he's done R&D'ing a new car is is pretty much going to be stricktly offroad... and i'm sure there are more but like i've read on here before everything goes in cycles... But I think the brushless/lipo has hurt the TC scene more then anyone would have expected... Look at vegas as it's still not full...atleast i don't think it is... i think alst year it was def full and quick...

-DC-
Old 08-24-2008, 12:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

How did the brushless lipo scene hurt onroad. Were they late to the table in accepting it?

I would say the economy is hurting every form of racing to some degree.
Old 08-24-2008, 12:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Originally Posted by tomdav
How did the brushless lipo scene hurt onroad. Were they late to the table in accepting it?

I don't think Brushless or LiPo hurt anything, as it provided closer racing for the average Joe.

Yes, the economy is effecting the RC Industry, but probably not as much as you think. As said, OffRoad seems to be the main interest now, especially 1/8 Nitro.

As for the subject as hand, I don't think any new TC's will be interesting unless the cost is cut in half, along with the parts too.

While the Pro 10 class looks promising, the use of the cars is limited to prepared racing surfaces with their carbon fiber chassis's. It's not like I'm going to take any of the current CF Pro10 cars, or an Xray or Corally TC out in front of my house to bash, the chassis's are too expensive to get scratched up. The Tub chassis should be mandated for the class, where TC's mostly started. It's worked in Offroad for well over 30-years, it can be made to work in TC too.
Old 08-24-2008, 01:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

after ISTC la !
Old 08-24-2008, 01:30 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Until all racing organizations adapt lipo you probably won't see any major design changes to car changes other than refinements to existing cars.
Old 08-24-2008, 09:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tomdav

well lets see... tell me when the last time vegas still had open spots at this time... plus the change in date hurt it some as well... but who wants to go spend 5 days or so of vacation from work plus the $1,000 or more the get to these races and run a spec race... the brushless helped the club scene but hurt the big races i think... imo... but i know a few sposnored drivers not going to these races due to that fact so... thats where my guess is coming from

-DC-
Old 08-25-2008, 06:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

The USDollar has hurt "everything". Period.
Old 08-26-2008, 02:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

having two kids pulled me right out...

ill be back. Uhm. Someday. Ill be as old as Eli though... but nowhere near as good..