R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-25-2008, 11:29 PM   #16
Tech Addict

wow ,i love your these bodies are sooooo nice .
I have an RX8 and i would love if i could have the same as yours i dont even want to talk about my RX8
cyclone speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 12:24 AM   #17
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to K_Spec_RC

Great looking stuff man! You've got an eye for detail. I've always loved the JIC RX8 and you did it justice! Same for the FEED FD. Got anymore?
HighVelocityRacing.com | TurtleTraxRaceway.com | itFitzDesign.wordpress.com | Misfitz Motorsports | Jconcepts | KO Propo | Tekin | Kyosho RB5 SP | Kyosho Ultima SC
K_Spec_RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 04:04 AM   #18
Tech Champion

Ouch, is the pain similar to women giving birth, or worse?

Hope you get well soon and at least the car body never saw any battle scars.... and all that hard work on the detailing had time to dry
Fusion Hobbies / www.horshamrc.org

The wife stops me being sane and the r/c stops me from going insane....
tc3team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 06:13 AM   #19
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by K_Spec_RC View Post
Great looking stuff man! You've got an eye for detail. I've always loved the JIC RX8 and you did it justice! Same for the FEED FD. Got anymore?
Thank you Sir. I really do try and sweat the details. One thing that's most important to me (especially for the drift bodies when trying to go for realism), is the stance.

All the light buckets and custom intercoolers in the world won't help seal the deal unless the stance is spot on. I try very hard to get the stance "right", as I think that's what makes the model more believeable.

Case in point, is my Fujita Engineering RX-8. This body is made by Speed Way Pal, and didn't really fit the Yokomo chassis all that great. I spent almost a full week just to fit it properly. The end result is a simple one color paint job, but the stance helps set it apart and makes it special.

I used some reference pics from a Japanese fan site dedicated to Fujita Engineering. Feed uses Advans a lot, so this project was perfect for my new set of RS’s. I was going to do the actual Feed RX-8, but it’s the same color as my RX-7. I wanted something a little different, so I did it up like one of their customers’ rides, using the same color scheme and graphics package.

After a comment was made about the mirrors on another website, I knew I had to do something, he he he. Not really because of the comment itself, but because the mirrors really weren't up to par - and I knew it.

I looked back over the reference pics and noticed the Feed car had two-toned mirrors. I quickly ditched the HPI mirrors I used and went for a set of Speed Way Pal's. They were White, so I painted them with Tamiya Semi-Gloss black (TS series Paint for hard plastic), and then taped them up and carefully sprayed them with Tamiya Italian Red until I got the color I needed. They came out great, and the shape and angle is much better than the HPI's.

Have a look...

- Paulie
pgeldz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 06:23 AM   #20
Tech Addict

Here are some of my other bodies from back in the day. You can really tell the motorsport influence I had in these, as they are usually my twist on some sort of replica, he he he.

BTCC Audi:

BTCC Opel Vectra

James Thompsonís BTCC Accord: (ALL PAINT)

ALMS Corvette Team:

Ford Focus done up in F1 West livery to honor Mika Hakkenin's sabbatical from F1:

WRC Ford Focus done up in West livery:

My carpet racing champion Silva with Nissan heritage livery:

You can see I've been at this for quite some time. These new bodies coming out though are much more detailed. There is a lot more focus for realism with these new drift cars than all out speed. I'm really excited how the RX-7 and RX-8 turned out after being away from this hobby for nearly 10 years. I'm hoping I can get a similar result for my next project (I'm doing another replica no one has done yet).

- Paulie

Last edited by pgeldz; 08-26-2008 at 06:41 AM.
pgeldz is offline   Reply With Quote