Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone 12

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 12:15 AM
Tech Adept

Default Hot Bodies Cyclone 12

Is anyone running this car in the US. I've had my eye on this car for awhile now and just want some feed back and experinces with it
Old 08-24-2008, 01:18 AM
Tech Champion

I got one in trade that I plan to sell and looked it over carefully. It has some nice features like the shock and the battery hold down. However it has some serious drawbacks too such as the bolt on non-diff side hub which makes it pretty much impossible to change the rear wheel track, the front of the t-plate bolts to the chassis so tweak screws are useless, and the rear pod area is crowded by the damper disks. I'm sure if built right and driven right the car can be competitive...there's just better designs out there IMO.
Old 08-24-2008, 03:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
the front of the t-plate bolts to the chassis so tweak screws are useless...
On the C12 you can choose between the 0-tweak block on the T-bar and a pivot ball and in the last case you CAN use tweak screws if you desire...

As for the rear axle... Just change it with an IRS or similar axle and that problem is solved also. You do want to change the front axles because the stock C12 front axles break instantly with little impact. With these changes the car is just as competitive as a Asso, CRC or Corally... It won the EC in the hands of Mark Rheinard and Andy Moore also races is pretty well IMO but I guess these guys also made these changes to the car...

Joost.

Last edited by Joost K.; 08-25-2008 at 02:36 AM.
Old 08-24-2008, 09:00 AM
Tech Champion

That is good to know...Like I said I got this in in trade so didn't get all the parts...didn't know about the optional pivot. Still changing out the rear axle adds another $50 to the price of the car to get it on par with others.
Old 08-24-2008, 11:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AeRacer805
Is anyone running this car in the US. I've had my eye on this car for awhile now and just want some feed back and experinces with it

I have one that I recently bought from a friend of mine. The car is nice, it is a bit on the heavy side but it is a nice car. I don't use the battery straps but I think it would be nice to have. The front end is nice too, but my friend who sold it to me changed out the front in to the IRS lower front arms and caster blocks. The shock is also nice along with the rear pod which makes putting in a brushless setup easier. He also changed the rear axle to the IRS axle.....

The car is great and has done well in major races. For a T-plate car, I think it is the one to get.
Old 08-24-2008, 11:18 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the replys guys keep'em coming
Old 08-25-2008, 02:16 AM
Tech Adept

Hi guys is the rear pod seperate to the front chassis or is it one piece . In the mag i saw a article in it looked like it was one piece chassis .
Old 08-25-2008, 02:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

No, the rear pod and the chassis are connected by a T-bar. The front end is really very nice from HB straight out of the box. But you can easily change it to a Associated type or new gen X CRC type front suspension or as said above, the IRS low profile front arms.

Another thing you DO want to change are the M4 bolts that hold down the front suspension. Metric screws have little thread to "bite" into the plastic parts. I changed them on my C12 with a set of imperial screws from Associated. Also, the small carbon plate where the disc-damping plates are between. You can put 2mm spacers underneath it so that this plate sits a little higher (also put a 2mm spacer under the center-post). This will create more motor space towards the front and will prevent the motor from touching the damper-disc.

The centershock is one of the best I have seen in 12th scale. It works like a charm.

All in all, the C12 is a very competitive car BUT you will need to make some changes to the car to make it even more competitive. Yes, that will set you back somewhere between $50 - $100 but then the car is long lasting race ready. If your race-demands are not so high you can drive it box-stock...

Joost.
Old 08-27-2008, 03:32 AM
Tech Adept

Kool thanks for the info .
Old 08-27-2008, 09:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

this car is good but HPI no kit , have parts only !