Community
Wiki Posts
Search

eZRUN brushless system

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 04:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

What torque/speed rating for steering servo do u guys recommend?
Old 02-24-2010, 06:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

hey guys having a problem with the esc i am using a dx3r radio with the sr3100 reciever i dont have the ABS brake function on the radio . the main problem is i cant reverse theres a green light on the esc when its in neutral position it feels like its on braking it goes forward tho. any ideas ? has anyone been able to calibrate successfully with the dx3r ? i already used the program card to value 1 - 2
Old 02-24-2010, 08:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by purpletaint
hey guys having a problem with the esc i am using a dx3r radio with the sr3100 reciever i dont have the ABS brake function on the radio . the main problem is i cant reverse theres a green light on the esc when its in neutral position it feels like its on braking it goes forward tho. any ideas ? has anyone been able to calibrate successfully with the dx3r ? i already used the program card to value 1 - 2
Did you calibrate your esc properly? i.e. turn transmitter on... push and hold button on on/off module and release as soon as it starts beeping... then going thru the motions of calibrating the 3 positions (neutral, full throttle, and full reverse).

the other thing i can think of is... u have to 'pump' reverse twice. the 1st time applies the brakes... the 2nd time will engage reverse... hope u get what i'm trying to describe
Old 02-24-2010, 11:09 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by shenlong
Hi all,

I have a new eZrun combo and I try to recalibrate and use it with my KO Helios Ex-10. There is no problem with braking and going backward but with going forward, the flash leds on esc keep flashing both green and red and it stands still, after a delay, it punches. It's like a delay time before going forward. Do you guys know why is that?
Thank you very much!
Shen
Hi, I have exactly the same problem, tried everything, changing the wires, calibration many times, but the behavior is all the same. Donīt you have some solution? Thanks.
Old 02-25-2010, 08:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mudrkorinek
Hi, I have exactly the same problem, tried everything, changing the wires, calibration many times, but the behavior is all the same. Donīt you have some solution? Thanks.

Bloody Spaktrum strikes again, have you tried someone elses transmitter on it to see if the fault lies with the ESC, also you may like to check the Spaktrum thread for advice on this too.

Hope it helps.
Old 02-25-2010, 08:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Exclamation

I don't know if this helps or not, but I've been told by my local hobby shop and rc raceway that sensorless systems like the EZrun will not accelerate off-the line instantly because of what is called cogging. I can't really explain it other than to say that there is delay as the esc "searches" before it engages throttle. That is why those who race rc cars with brushless choose the more expensive sensored systems because the sensor causes it to engage instantly and accelerate immediately off-the line.
I know I'm not explaining it very well, but that is what I've been told.
Old 02-25-2010, 08:48 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by cherry2blost
Bloody Spaktrum strikes again, have you tried someone elses transmitter on it to see if the fault lies with the ESC, also you may like to check the Spaktrum thread for advice on this too.

Hope it helps.
Well, I have changed to my old FM Hitec and ESC works fine. I was told by the dealer, that sometimes this s..t can happen, some elelctronics brand donīt like to be combined with some other........:-) So I think that it is the matter of RC set. So I am still trying to find some MAGIC setup :-)
Old 02-25-2010, 02:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I had a similar problem trying to calibrate my Castle Mamba Micro Pro ESC with my DX3R. Castle informed me that with Spektrum radios, you have to turn your throttle EPA as high as it will go. Mine was set at 120%, but I just found out at that time that I could set it to 150%. After doing that, my ESC calibrated.

Check your throttle EPA and make sure it is at maximum, then try again. Please let us know if this helps...
Old 02-25-2010, 03:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MojoManDan
I had a similar problem trying to calibrate my Castle Mamba Micro Pro ESC with my DX3R. Castle informed me that with Spektrum radios, you have to turn your throttle EPA as high as it will go. Mine was set at 120%, but I just found out at that time that I could set it to 150%. After doing that, my ESC calibrated.

Check your throttle EPA and make sure it is at maximum, then try again. Please let us know if this helps...
My friend had no ptblems with ezrun or castle with his dx3r
Old 02-25-2010, 05:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RDOUBLEDAY
My friend had no ptblems with ezrun or castle with his dx3r
Well, if your friend's throttle EPA was already at 150% (the max), then he would not have any problem. If it was less than 150%, then there are still some bugs in the Spektrum system.
Old 02-25-2010, 05:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Im waiting now on my batteries. im pretty impressed by the box though after staring at it all day. The only thing cruddy about EZRUN as far as i can see is the program card. But i havent installed it to get the real story.

Old 03-05-2010, 04:06 AM
sg1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team Lotus
I don't know if this helps or not, but I've been told by my local hobby shop and rc raceway that sensorless systems like the EZrun will not accelerate off-the line instantly because of what is called cogging. I can't really explain it other than to say that there is delay as the esc "searches" before it engages throttle. That is why those who race rc cars with brushless choose the more expensive sensored systems because the sensor causes it to engage instantly and accelerate immediately off-the line.
I know I'm not explaining it very well, but that is what I've been told.
I'm not sure about a 1/10 or 1/12 car, but my 1/18 car has no cogging with the ezrun system in it. I was VERY surpised!!

On that note...

Does anyone know if there is or will be an update for additional timing? Right now I have max. timing, but need more. I run fixed gearing and motors, so speedcontroller setting is about all I can play with.
Thanks.
Old 03-05-2010, 04:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

the 9t is the shit what is cogging? FDR 5.93, nothing is over heating.

Havent even touched timing or anything yet.
Old 03-06-2010, 03:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by sg1
I'm not sure about a 1/10 or 1/12 car, but my 1/18 car has no cogging with the ezrun system in it. I was VERY surpised!!

On that note...

Does anyone know if there is or will be an update for additional timing? Right now I have max. timing, but need more. I run fixed gearing and motors, so speedcontroller setting is about all I can play with.
Thanks.
Hi SG1
We also run a fixed gearing, speedo and motor class(HW EZRUN 60amp,HW 17.5, any brand lipo up to 5000mha, 4.2FDR). When first did testing, comparing 4 different cars,Tamiyas, Losi, XRAY, all with different internal ratios, all different wieghts, they showed no noticable difference in top end speed down the straight. The big difference was seen after several laps due to car set-up, free drivetrains and driver ability(dam that last one!) So if your getting left behind I might suggest set the punch control to the setting that makes the car comfortable to drive, insure that your car is as free as it can be or free-er, try different set-ups and practice,practice,practice
Old 03-06-2010, 04:37 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by JKL1031
Im waiting now on my batteries. im pretty impressed by the box though after staring at it all day. The only thing cruddy about EZRUN as far as i can see is the program card. But i havent installed it to get the real story.

Your front tires are backwards. Left should be on right and vise versa.

The program box is VERY convenient and VERY straight forward.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.