Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
eZRUN brushless system >

eZRUN brushless system

eZRUN brushless system

Old 12-09-2009, 09:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Hey Guys:

Hopefully someone can give me some direction on the Xerun systems.

I want to use a sensored brushless in a Team Losi MF2 1/10 truck. I'm thinking around about a 80-120 amp esc and a 8.5 turn motor. I have seen them on ebay and also see a 100amp/5200KV on HobbyKing's site. I also there seems to be newer versions too for some of them on ebay.

Can any of you help me to make a proper choice please, this would be my 1st brushless system in this truck. Some of the tracks can be quite large (1/8) with up to 150' straights, and some will be just 1/10 size tracks that I will race it on.

thanks for your help....

Old 12-09-2009, 10:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Which ESC?

Hi matey,

We have been using the ExeRun (note NOT ezrun) ESC's for many months and can say they have worked faultlessly. They seem to be more lively than the GTB's which they replaced and if you go for the 'cheap' one (60amp) then you are safe running down to about 6.5T. Spend a few pennies more though and you can get the 120amp which is good to 2.5T.

Value for money wise these are great ESC's however I would look at using a different brand of motor with them (buy ESC alone) something like a Prince (Budget) or get the Fantom Ion2, about $75ish, as this is a superb combination.

The HW motors are OK but trust me these other brands are way ahead.

ESC 9/10 Motors 6/10.

Hope this helps.
Old 12-09-2009, 11:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

thankyou!
Old 12-09-2009, 08:47 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)

i got a ezrun 60a that craped out on me. is it worth it to mail it to hong kong to fix? no smell no burning. it just one day would not run it would studder and get hot.

Last edited by cheebs; 12-14-2009 at 06:19 PM.
Old 12-13-2009, 08:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi guys.
I'm guessing this might be a good place to asked.
I have the Yeah Racing 9T + 35A Combo. Seems to be similar to the eZRUN.

I'm currently experiencing heat issues with my current setup (hot to touch);

Spur: 104T (64P)
Pinion: 38T (64P)
Center Pulley: 18T
Rear Pulley: 37T
Front Pulley: 37T

FDR: 5.62

Battery: Yeah Racing 4000mah 25C
Car: TA05 V2

Should I increase or lower down my FDR? I'm using my car for drifting, so I need more torque.
Old 12-13-2009, 09:22 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mezan
Hi guys.

Should I increase or lower down my FDR? I'm using my car for drifting, so I need more torque.
If you need torque you should rise your FDR (by using smaller T pinion)
Old 12-13-2009, 10:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm running the same chassis as you are and utilising Ezrun 9T + 60A combo, 105T 64P spur + 29T pinion. So that makes my FDR 7.44, and so far no over heating issue for drifts although it is advisable to keep your FDR from mid 6's to just very low 7 to maintain the torque for drifting.

Hi guys.

Old 12-13-2009, 10:22 PM
Tech Addict

Have read the issue on waterproofs and i manage to drift down a puddle of water on our drift track. The whole car stutter, stopped and then began to move by itself which by luck i manage to pick up before it sped off on its own. Thought to myself i might have killed my esc from the puddle of water so i opened up my shell and i can see water almost everywhere in the chassis. Took a cloth and began the drying process by dismantling every electronic parts i have and when i assemble everything back and tried on my system, it was running well again. Wonder what was the problem that caused my car to splutter died down and ran by itself.. but i was lucky i didnt killed my BL system
Old 12-14-2009, 09:07 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Akudou
Have read the issue on waterproofs and i manage to drift down a puddle of water on our drift track. The whole car stutter, stopped and then began to move by itself which by luck i manage to pick up before it sped off on its own. Thought to myself i might have killed my esc from the puddle of water so i opened up my shell and i can see water almost everywhere in the chassis. Took a cloth and began the drying process by dismantling every electronic parts i have and when i assemble everything back and tried on my system, it was running well again. Wonder what was the problem that caused my car to splutter died down and ran by itself.. but i was lucky i didnt killed my BL system
that happend 2 mi 2 i got the ezrun 60a 5.5t on my tt01 4 drifting i play in the rain......... it was my reseiver that casue the problem
Old 12-14-2009, 05:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by dameetz
If you need torque you should rise your FDR (by using smaller T pinion)
I'm running the same chassis as you are and utilising Ezrun 9T + 60A combo, 105T 64P spur + 29T pinion. So that makes my FDR 7.44, and so far no over heating issue for drifts although it is advisable to keep your FDR from mid 6's to just very low 7 to maintain the torque for drifting.

Noted on that. I've changed back my pinion to 31T (FDR: 6.895). It seems to be better than 38T.

Should I try to lower it down to 29T to get to 7.369? Also, would it make a difference if I added a heatsink with fan?
Old 12-14-2009, 06:19 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)

Originally Posted by cheebs
i got a ezrun 60a that craped out on me. is it worth it to mail it to hong kong to fix? no smell no burning. it just one day would not run it would studder and get hot.
anyone? i am not getting any anwser from hobbywing. i only got two test runs from it. it's going to cost me 30$ to ship it its 60$ to buy another ( don't think i will do that but i don't know yet most everyone else seems to be getting better results) advise please
Old 12-14-2009, 07:47 PM
Tech Addict

Your final drive is great for torque and speed at the moment. You can go down to 29T pinion but this fdr consist of very high torque and not recommended to trigger the throttle to full unless needed as this will cause very high rise in temp on your motor but on very low trigger the response is very good and will help you pull away from every slide and corners with ease. Yes, a heatsink with fan would certainly help to cool your motor.

Noted on that. I've changed back my pinion to 31T (FDR: 6.895). It seems to be better than 38T.

Should I try to lower it down to 29T to get to 7.369? Also, would it make a difference if I added a heatsink with fan?
Old 12-14-2009, 07:54 PM
Tech Addict

Most of 35A's hobbywing esc here have experience this problem. Just last week we had problem with hobbywing's ecs which wouldnt reverse at all. Reseting it doesnt help at all and in the end one of my friend just cut the switch off the esc and decide to go direct on the +/- wires and esc is working fine now. Hope you get the chance to try it out.

Originally Posted by cheebs
anyone? i am not getting any anwser from hobbywing. i only got two test runs from it. it's going to cost me 30$ to ship it its 60$ to buy another ( don't think i will do that but i don't know yet most everyone else seems to be getting better results) advise please
Old 12-14-2009, 09:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DriftWoof
-Neutral range is set to 12%
That's part of the problem. Make sure you don't have some crazy setting from a previous setup on your ARC on your radio...
Old 12-14-2009, 11:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

Your final drive is great for torque and speed at the moment. You can go down to 29T pinion but this fdr consist of very high torque and not recommended to trigger the throttle to full unless needed as this will cause very high rise in temp on your motor but on very low trigger the response is very good and will help you pull away from every slide and corners with ease. Yes, a heatsink with fan would certainly help to cool your motor.
I only used 50% out of 140% of the motor power. Does this makes a difference of the heat generated during full throttle?

I only full throttle when I'm on a long curve.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.