eZRUN brushless system

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

eZRUN brushless system

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 02:02 AM
Tech Addict

IMO it would make more sense to wrap it in something soft to absorb shocks like a few layers of condoms.

Another option is to use grip wrap for tennis rackets.
Old 10-05-2009, 03:55 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

what charger do u recommend?

Originally Posted by BearPaw
According to LRP it can't. I went to their site and by their specs it can handle 4-7 cell NiMh or 2 cell Lipo... Trying 3 cell lipo will probably fry it.
Just buy 2cell lipo... That's great ESC. In one of mine previous posts you can find link to cheap ($20) 2s 5000mah lipo...

why is it unsafe cause of the vibration?
Here is attached image part of specs.
Originally Posted by 1101
Shouldnt you use hard case lipos in RC cars??
or does it not really matter, I guess they are safe sitting on the chassis
Old 10-05-2009, 04:00 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by wantboost
How much do you want to spend?
Old 10-05-2009, 04:33 AM
Tech Rookie

Call me cheap , but this charger/balancer is not bad at all for just $6 (six bucks):
w_w_w.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=6507&Product_Name=Turnig y_2-3_Cell_Lipoly_Balance/Charger

I am using it. Great balancing. You need ac/dc adapter with it. It takes looonger to charge battery. (fast charging of battery can damage it). But with this price you can buy charger for each battery and charge them all at the same time.

Second option, again it's cheap (I don't wanna give more than $50 for charger) is:
w_w_w.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=7028&Product_Name=Turnig y_Accucel-6_50W_5A_Balancer/Charger

This one has pretty good reviews, and I will buy next time I order from their site. This one also needs ac/dc adapter.

AC/DC adapter you can find on ebay for $10. Or you can scrap one from flee market (which I did ).

This is mine opinion. Second charger can do all that I need. I don't know what those $100+ chargers are doing, but for me this is all I need.

(From my posts you might get idea that I am promoting their site, but I am just looking for best deals )
Old 10-05-2009, 04:44 AM
Tech Addict

so long would it take to charge a 2s lipo?
Old 10-05-2009, 05:22 AM
Tech Rookie

It can deliver 1.2A, so for two cell lipo it can give 600mA to each cell which means for 5000mAh 2s battery should take arround 8.5 hours, maybe less.

I haven't charged my 2s 5000mah with it yet (did for my plane batteries 3s).

But this is time that I would expect. It's longer charging -> longer battery life.

With other charger should be less than 2h (configurable charging current).

Take this info with reserve...
Old 10-05-2009, 05:23 AM
Tech Addict

Which charger?
Old 10-05-2009, 06:26 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by PaPeRo
Which charger?
i was asking about the more expensive charger listed and what the charging time would be.

Last edited by wantboost; 10-05-2009 at 06:09 PM.
Old 10-05-2009, 05:52 PM
Tech Rookie

Silly little question for you ezRun users. I'm just getting back into R/C and I would like to move into the world of brushless/Lipo. Now I like the cheap factor of the ezRun, but i keep seeing people mention the clogging at take off, how bad is it really? Kinda debating between an ezRun or just going with the Castle Creations Sidewinder set, since it is still relatively cheap, and from what i read very reliable.

Probably going to use mainly for Oval and Touring, 10.5 and 13.5 turn respectively, which brings up my next question, are the ezRun motors ROAR legal?

Still learning the brushless/lipo, so any advice is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!
Old 10-05-2009, 08:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default ez run esc

hi bout mine of ebay 105.00 shipped for the 5.5 moter and 60 amp esc combo also it comes with a pro gram card very easy to program,this esc prefers a decent c rating to run it rite i used a 25 c 7.4 lipo fast,then i desided to go to 11.1 i did have to run the fan off of the reciver no big deal i use a 7.4 lipo for it so fan terned plenty fast,at 11.1 25 c lipo will blow your mind for the price and rilibilty i would take one of these over most escs
Old 10-06-2009, 03:37 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by bigfoot3387
hi bout mine of ebay 105.00 shipped for the 5.5 moter and 60 amp esc combo also it comes with a pro gram card very easy to program,this esc prefers a decent c rating to run it rite i used a 25 c 7.4 lipo fast,then i desided to go to 11.1 i did have to run the fan off of the reciver no big deal i use a 7.4 lipo for it so fan terned plenty fast,at 11.1 25 c lipo will blow your mind for the price and rilibilty i would take one of these over most escs
u ran 3s lipo with a 5.5t motor? didn't it blow? the manual even says not to use a 5.5 says use greater than 8.5t.

also why are the sensored motors paired with the 120a esc?
Old 10-06-2009, 03:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i set the epa at 85% but yes the manule says not to but it will hold these were desiend to handel extrem power as far as i can tell and at 85% its realy still to fast i would not recomend a higher seting inless you install another capasitor not shure om the other ?
Old 10-06-2009, 01:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sorantiz
Silly little question for you ezRun users. I'm just getting back into R/C and I would like to move into the world of brushless/Lipo. Now I like the cheap factor of the ezRun, but i keep seeing people mention the clogging at take off, how bad is it really? Kinda debating between an ezRun or just going with the Castle Creations Sidewinder set, since it is still relatively cheap, and from what i read very reliable.

Probably going to use mainly for Oval and Touring, 10.5 and 13.5 turn respectively, which brings up my next question, are the ezRun motors ROAR legal?

Still learning the brushless/lipo, so any advice is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!
EzRun motors are not ROAR legal. If you intend to race 10.5 or 13.5 under ROAR rules you need to go with a Sensored design. The Novak Havoc systems are the inexpensive way to go. Not bashing the EzRun because for the price and quality it has its place.... just not ROAR legal racing. Also cogging is an issue with any sensorless design... racing offroad sensorless is more accepted and the cogging is more manageable. Indoors on carpet cogging is generally more noticeable. It can be minimized but I've never seen it eliminated.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:20 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by padailey
EzRun motors are not ROAR legal. If you intend to race 10.5 or 13.5 under ROAR rules you need to go with a Sensored design. The Novak Havoc systems are the inexpensive way to go. Not bashing the EzRun because for the price and quality it has its place.... just not ROAR legal racing. Also cogging is an issue with any sensorless design... racing offroad sensorless is more accepted and the cogging is more manageable. Indoors on carpet cogging is generally more noticeable. It can be minimized but I've never seen it eliminated.
Ah, ok! Thanks a lot.
Old 10-06-2009, 05:40 PM
Tech Addict

which charger do u guys like better? looks like ones has a temp sensor.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...MakeTrack=true

http://cgi.ebay.ca/RC-POWER-BC6-Li-p...d=p3911.c0.m14

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.